It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:33 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Bboy, I'm so glad to hear that your pain is finally being managed AND that methadone is working so nicely for you. I'm sure a lot of us here know what's it like to live in moderate to severe pain......it's no fun, it ends up affecting so many areas of our lives, our worlds seem to collapse around us until all we can think of is the pain and how to relieve it.

Again, I'm really happy for you man. I'm also really glad to hear that you're getting so much out of the methadone program. You're getting counseling and doing some groups and I think that's fantastic!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Romeo wrote:
Bboy, I'm so glad to hear that your pain is finally being managed AND that methadone is working so nicely for you. I'm sure a lot of us here know what's it like to live in moderate to severe pain......it's no fun, it ends up affecting so many areas of our lives, our worlds seem to collapse around us until all we can think of is the pain and how to relieve it.

Again, I'm really happy for you man. I'm also really glad to hear that you're getting so much out of the methadone program. You're getting counseling and doing some groups and I think that's fantastic!!

Thank you so much Romeo I really am more than anything great full to my counselor Ron at the clinic he has done so much for me and I haven’t even been with the clinic that long. I have had a lot of drug counselors in my day and this is the only one I can tell the truth too who actually has an idea of what I am dealing with and has an idea as to how to help me. It is all too sudden in the suburbs that the drug counselors around the way are fresh out of school haven’t touched a drug in their life and go by the book. And when I try to tell them some of the more harsh stuff about my addiction they look at me with their jaws dropped and in disgust.

Anyways yea I am doing great this drug has truly changed my life for the best. And like you said my life for so long was consumed with my pain and how to deal with knowing each day I wake up I will be in severe pain and keep taking a drug that does nothing for me with nasty side effects. But now that is not on my mind 24 hours a day it allows me to enjoy life and that is why I am so happy. The stress that came along with knowing I will be in pain and if I don’t take Subs I will be in more pain and sick as can be.

More than anything it is just nice to wake up each day with a smile on my face and not have to worry about my pain or taking 3 or 4 doses of suboxone each day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey guys just wanted to stop in and give you guys an update on how things are going. And things are still going very well actually GREAT, I got my 10mg increase today so I am at 90mgs now and it is working even better than I thought it would. And I never thought that 10mgs could make this much of a difference for my pain. Never in my life since the day I hurt my knee thought I would be able to go on a short jog with my GF again that was one thing we loved to do together well I liked the shower after;) But I was able to go on a short jog with her today and it felt great and I am so much more active of late which has def improved our relationship and methadone has made our sex life better as well. But things are going real well and I am not in severe pain after putting that much stress on my knee and I am still getting pain relief and I took my dose at 11:20 so 5 hours later I am still pain free well a 2 or 3.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

SO I was thinking about this today how much I get for my buck at the clinic. I pay once a week and I get so much for that payment. There are 5 nurses on hand at all times who you can talk to anytime you want ask any questions you have and so on. But the best part I think about how expensive it is to see your SUB Dr just once a month for some people but I could literally see the methadone DR 5 days a week if I needed too. I get groups with that payment drug test 1 on 1counseling and could also see my counselor anytime I want 5 days a week.

Anyways things are going good I go up to 100 this Tuesday I will update the thread than on how things are going.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Guys Brent hears for another update on how things are going with methadone. Well I have been on a 100mgs for a couple days and this dose is helping my pain so so much. I am not limping anymore I can make right hand turns without winching and being in severe pain LIFE IS SO FUCKING GOOD RIGHT NOW. For the first time in a long time I went a whole day being out and active without waking up in serious pain. Played a round of gold in the morning with my shoulder not hurting might I add, went to brunch at the CC, Than played hide and seek for a hour with my GF and her lil sister also went on a bike ride the lil one finally took off the training wheels:) Went to the mall and dinner with my GF, we watched a movie went to bed woke up the next day without feeling like I just got ran over by a truck lol. Life is good right now and i just want to say thanks for all your support and I will continue to update this thread.

I just want to say to anyone out there who is on SUB for pain and not getting anything out of it look into methadone it will change your life I promise. And don’t believe that shit you read on the internet it does not get you high once you are on it for a short while.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Up to 110mg and things are only getting better as my dose goes up pain wise and more than anything I really have not had cravings in as long as I can remember over the last 12 year! And I am back in the gym with my PT Doc/family friend doing strengthen exercises 2 times a week hoping to make it 3 soon, and I am actually making progress I won’t lie I am in a lot of pain after but maybe down the road long term this might just help me get to the point on not needing methadone the rest of my life;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

An update on how things are going and things are going real well right now my pain and addiction is intact right now so good that I signed up for the fall semester. I am so proud of myself because that was one of my big goals with starting methadone was to be able to get back in school as some of you remember I reinjured my knee real bad and had to take last semester off because of how bad things were going with my addiction/pain. I don’t know if I will be able to do it or not but it was a huge step for me to even sign up. So i am keeping my fingers crossed things only get better with my treatment over time.

But I did think of one bummer winter in Buffalo and having to drive to the clinic every day. But that will be my sixth month mark in December so I am hoping I might be getting some take homes soon. Either way things are going well and stay toon for more updates.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey man,

Glad to hear you're still doing so well. You sound really, really good. I've been keeping up with this thread and I like the updates.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Romeo wrote:
Hey man,

Glad to hear you're still doing so well. You sound really, really good. I've been keeping up with this thread and I like the updates.

Hey man thanks for the kind words it is nice to know someone is at least reading my updates I don’t even know why I continue to post in this thread nobody ever post in here is methadone that bad?

Post subject: Relevant to me,
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:49 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I'm a newbie, and just found your thread. Bit surprised not more people have input or questions, whatever, as the use of methadone is so close to opioid treatment. Perhaps using methadone for pain and as a maintenance treatment doesn't seem relevant to a lot of people, which is weird to me. Big Thumbs Up from me for having the inner strength for staying on methadone with the liquid handcuffs involved - been there, and it so sucks, but it controlled some really wrong pain. Having to hobble to the goddamn clinic wasn't a plus, but hell, I was addicted, and moving me from a lot of physteptone to methadone had to be done - same stuff, different setting and dose. It took me a long time to move to Sub because of the tapering of the dose against the pain made things slow. Methadone seems a dirty word, even among people with addiction. There is a stigma, of course, and most people I know don't realise it is actually used for pain in tablet form - though I'm not sure how that stands in different countries. Yep, last thing I wanted to do was go to the gym, but it helped no end. It really helped that the Trainer had qualifications in PT with people in chronic pain. Mentally it made me a lot better too. I've had to suspend gym for a while because of vascular issues. Get that sorted and I shall return. So, could you clarify for me, you're on 110mg Methadone, pain and dependence, and starting gym? I only went for 45mins every second day, with a really specific and effecient bone strength regime my GP designed. There is no doubt going to the gym (and having clean urine) gave confidence to the opioid treatment doc for takeaway doses of methadone to be allowed - I really hope you're allowed them soon. Bit of dignity restored. This is going to sound cynical, or paranoid, but trust no-one at the clinic with news of your being allowed T/A's :( Suddenly people who don't normally talk to you will do so once the word is out. Keep posting, Bboy42287 (I really do wonder about the origins of screen names - B'day?) and I'm going to follow and respond if you want. Good for you to return to college, or uni / school or whatever - that means something pround. And do be careful of letting things get in the way of that, and your pain / opioid treatment. I did - shit happens, as they say, I lost focus there for a while. Slows things down, I got frustrated with myself blah blah blah. Keep it tight - oh, the gym might cause some initial pain, did me, simply because I'm actually doing something, and it wasn't an exacerbation of the chronic - at least it's yours, and not history's. Get this, so this new pain, which is quite mild compared to the previous nightmare, which actually crosswire pain neurology and reduce the chronic pain. Damn, it is true. I wouldn't lie to you :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thank you so much for stopping in Jhonboo7 as of people not posting in this thread to much I think it might have to do with a lot of my negative comments towards suboxone. But I didn’t think it would stop people from posting, I mean I can be wrong but I don’t know why nobody post in this thread after so many threads I had started is full of post from members. “Liquid Handcuff”??? As of having to go to the clinic everyday does suck yes but as long as I am felling well which most days I am I don’t mind going I actually like having the structure of going everyday in my life a lot I really needed that structure to turn my life around. Yes my 1st gym visit was when I was on 110mg I am now on 120mg and will be on 130mg this Sunday and then go back to the DR to go over how things are going. But yea it is so great to know I might be back in school soon and of course the pain from the gym now is going to really suck but the way I look at it is have pain now sure be on methadone the rest of my life NO and this strengthen could do that. As of take homes I will not be talking about it with anyone I have sold drugs to people like this for along time so I know how they act and are only concerned about you when they need you to do shit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I just want to say before this update thank you to the select few members that actually post in this thread and support my methadone maintenance program. It seems like unless you are getting off the Done and switching to suboxone people don’t have much to say or share. But hey the stigma follows methadone everywhere till you actually try it in the proper setting. But I am no better I thought the same things at one point in my life about Done.

Anyways I am at 130mgs right now and I am getting very close to stable dose might even stay at 130 depending on how the weeks goes till I see my counselor and the Dr next Tuesday. I am hoping and praying I could stay at 130 but we will have to see how things go as of right now I am good but I got to fully get use to the dose to know. Overall my life is great the biggest thing now for my recovery is to get back out into the real world and enjoy life and that is something I have not done for 12 years. I have been very active of late without serious pain the only pain I have now is when I do my gym program and the time between I wake up till I dose and that is about a 1 to 3 4 at most, if I am doing strengthen. Other than that I am pain free all day and the excitement level I get from that is what is really keeping me going to the gym. because if I am doing this well now I might just not need a operation anymore to live a normal life. And well once I get to my stable dose is when I could really start getting into my treatment plan with the clinic. Anyways things are going well I am doing 3 groups a week 2 1 on 1 sessions and go to the clinic everyday and talk with the nurse before I dose each day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

An update for my few readers!

Hey guy’s things are going real well right now for me I can’t tell you how happy I am with how good my treatment is going with methadone. I am on 140mgs right now and I don’t have pain anymore what so ever during the day. The next morning till I dose is where my problems seem to appear but at the same time my pain has been lessened very much each morning so it is not to bad any more just prolly like a 2. But once I dose a hour later I can look forward to not felling any pain till the next day and that has helped my mental health tremendously I can’t tell you much this drug has changed my life and many people close to me have also notice these great changes. I am telling you guys that are on suboxone for pain and just get a little help stop wasting your time and switch to methadone. And don’t buy in to any of the bullshit rumors you hear about it they are not true and I am telling you from first hand experience and how I fell on it. And the best part about methadone it is not a ball and chain drug like suboxone you can miss your dose one day and not fell sick as a dog just because you missed a dose. There are people I have talked to in my groups who have been on it for a while that literally go every other day meaning only dosing once every 48 hours. And it is also real easy to lower your dose come to find out. I have been talking with people who have been with the clinic for years that were once at 250mgs and now are on 30mg stable and doing well. It is no longer a life long drug for people who are just using it for addiction pain you never know the answere to that but if treated properly aat a good clinic you will be off it alot sooner than it use to be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:40 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

OK Bboy, you've reached a line. You are continually pushing methadone and coming dangerously close to bashing suboxone. You are clearly saying one is better than the other (for pain treatment or otherwise) and that is clearly NOT respecting the decisions of others.

We've been through this, have we not? Think about it, even during our own previous discussions, how often have I told you that your way doesn't apply to every single other person and how just because it works for you, it doesn't mean methadone is right for everyone else. Yet here you are, continuing to say your way is the only way and to sub patients: "don't waste time"...go to the meth clinic right now!

So at this point I'm respectfully asking you to stop. This will be the only warning. If you have questions or comments for me, Bboy, you can send me a PM.

Thanks for your cooperation.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

b-boy". you have been a member of this forum for a long time and post over 500. i don't understand why you think every body is in the same pain as you. i'm sure you read my post on how i needed to up my dose from 16 to 20 and still need a little more . my doc may up it to 24mgs when i am stable on my other med. man you make me think that methadone may be the only choice i have,and i hope your wrong, but you sure make me want to believe it? man do you really think your condition with your methadone treatment is going to last any longer than say like hatmakers good suboxone treatment. i see more people doing well on suboxone than methadone. is they'er a methadone talk zone? if they'er is, i would love to here they'er story's about long term methadone treatment. but i can say i would like to be doing as well as you on suboxone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Without touching on the most recent posts, I just wanted to go back and comment on your perception that people don't have much to say or don't seem to offer much support for your methadone treatment. I honestly feel that most people (myself included) know very little about methadone, and probably don't feel comfortable commenting one way or the other. Other than to say, we're really happy that your pain is diminshed and that you are getting good treatment and feel good about your decision (which I think at least a lot of us regulars did say) we really don't have a lot of input. In fact, a while back you asked for feedback on the plan that you had set up for yourself on methadone, and I really couldn't give you an appropriate answer, knowing as little as I do about the medication. So I wouldn't interpret lack of comment as lack of support.

Also, a lot of us are not pain patients. Some of us are former pain patients whose physical condition has resolved but left us hooked on painkillers, or like me, people who pretty much purely just abused painkillers. I think most of us in that boat really wouldn't even consider treatment with a full agonist, as it really would be unnecessary. Having a partial agonist occupy our receptors, keeping us out of WD and away from cravings is enough, and it wouldn't be worth trading a monthly trip to the doctor/pharmacy for a daily trip to the clinic.

So, like Dr. J said in the into, this forum is for people who have made their choice. It sounds like you have made a good choice, one that is really improving the quality of your life. So I hope we can keep the conversation going, and not call into question the choices that others have made. Also, don't get the feeling that few people are following your thread. There are a lot more views than there are comments.
Hope you continue to do well in your recovery,
Lilly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Whoa people calm down I am posting my believes they stand for me and only me. I am not saying stop suboxone or don’t try it. I am simply saying if you have been on suboxone for a long time like myself and are not getting the quality of life you want out of it than you might want to look into methadone treatment that is what I mean by stop suboxone and make the switch now. But I do have very ill feelings towards suboxone I lost 6 years of my life to this drug and do feel like I was a science experiment at times and I think anyone can understand that. I guess I just shouldn’t post my true believes about suboxone if they are bad on a suboxone forum lol. But I mean at the same time I am not god or a DR just because I say something does not mean it is what you should believe in or do guys common! We are all old enough to be leaders in our own life’s not followers of someone else. And yes I agree what works for me does not work for the next person and I do respect people choices. I just get frustrated when I read/hear people say they are still in pain and you can tell some people are not happy and why I push methadone so hard is because I also thought for a long time I had no other options either but you do and I want people to know that. But if people don’t hear the truth about methadone than they will buy in to the all the bullshit you read on the internet about it and that is why I post so strongly on it. And the whole full antagonist thing is such a bad thing to buy into partial or full you are on an opiate no matter how you look at it.

And you guys should all understand I have a much different point of view of what pain management means. The words pain management to me means you should not have any pain what so ever. But a lot of people think that means to just help with your pain. But the way I see it and THIS GOES FOR ANY MEDICATION if it only helps and there are other options out there why not try them before settling for just some relief in whatever symptom you are taking said mediation for.

And johnboy I too wish you could be doing as well as I am when I was on suboxone but that is not the case I was not close to where I was on suboxone compared to now but that doesn’t mean you wont being doing as well but my main message of all this methadone talk is know you do have a other options if things don’t work just don’t buy into all the BS you hear about it is all I am relaying to all you guys.

I guess I wont post the truth of my recovery because it is looked as I am bashing suboxone.

PS
it sucks it took that much to get the people who use to support me all the time to post in my thread and lilly i understand people not knowing much but you can see what i am saying i bet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey bboy,

First of all, I want to say again how happy I am that you feel so much better on Methadone. Suboxone wasn't cutting it for you so you decided to give Methadone a try and it's working for you.....that's great!!!

I understand your disappointment in Suboxone, I understand how you feel years of your life are now gone and I'm sorry for ya man.

Ummm, when I read your last post and you said, "I am telling you guys that are on suboxone for pain and just get a little help stop wasting your time and switch to methadone." and when you said, "And the best part about methadone it is not a ball and chain drug like suboxone you can miss your dose one day and not fell sick as a dog just because you missed a dose.", I knew you were gonna get busted for sure!!

*sigh*, you did kind of push the boundaries with those statements as far as this forum goes. You've been on this forum long enough to know the nuances of what you can post and what you shouldn't. At times, I find some people on this forum to be "overprotective" of Suboxone, but that's how this forum works.

I know this much though, if you really want to spread the word about Methadone, you'll do it in a way that's respectful to other modes of opiate addiction treatment....ex. Suboxone. Spreading the word about Methadone, while following the rules the Moderators expect to be followed, will ensure you reach a lot of people, right? Please, don't go posting a million different threads about methadone now you knucklehead!! :lol:

I know I like learning more about Methadone treatment, it does seem to get a bad rap, but you're one of the voices I trust when I hear you speak about Methadone.

Peace brotha!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:41 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Romeo wrote:
Hey bboy,

First of all, I want to say again how happy I am that you feel so much better on Methadone. Suboxone wasn't cutting it for you so you decided to give Methadone a try and it's working for you.....that's great!!!

I understand your disappointment in Suboxone, I understand how you feel years of your life are now gone and I'm sorry for ya man.

Ummm, when I read your last post and you said, "I am telling you guys that are on suboxone for pain and just get a little help stop wasting your time and switch to methadone." and when you said, "And the best part about methadone it is not a ball and chain drug like suboxone you can miss your dose one day and not fell sick as a dog just because you missed a dose.", I knew you were gonna get busted for sure!!

*sigh*, you did kind of push the boundaries with those statements as far as this forum goes. You've been on this forum long enough to know the nuances of what you can post and what you shouldn't. At times, I find some people on this forum to be "overprotective" of Suboxone, but that's how this forum works.

I know this much though, if you really want to spread the word about Methadone, you'll do it in a way that's respectful to other modes of opiate addiction treatment....ex. Suboxone. Spreading the word about Methadone, while following the rules the Moderators expect to be followed, will ensure you reach a lot of people, right? Please, don't go posting a million different threads about methadone now you knucklehead!! :lol:

I know I like learning more about Methadone treatment, it does seem to get a bad rap, but you're one of the voices I trust when I hear you speak about Methadone.

Peace brotha!

Yea that is pretty much what happen people will back suboxone for life on this forum but I mean it is a suboxone forum so that is no surprise. I just think people should have the right to hear the good and the bad that’s all. Maybe how I went about posting the bad was not the best way and I understand that but it is hard to respectfully post bad things about something you have so much haltered towards.

I guess looking back at this, the reason I said the things I said is because I just think people should have the right to hear the negatives of suboxone because I have 6 years worth of knowledge to share but just because it is not good I get into trouble for sharing them. But I will continue to post if I get banned so be it but I don’t think a person shouldnt get in trouble for speaking the truth or his views.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:24 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I think it's time for me to re-post one of Dr. Junig's announcements from the very first category on the forum's index page. (General Comment's from SuboxDoc). I'm pasting it here but you can go to it yourself if you'd like as well (http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=1837).

Bboy, I think instead of me trying to explain it to you again, Dr. Junig does a better job. Remember to speak in the first person and don't tell people what they should do.

Quote:
Forum rules:

I've mentioned this before, and maybe it is time for a reminder. The purpose of this forum is to provide for the sharing of our information and experiences with buprenorphine and other treatments for opiate dependence, and to help newcomers use the medication properly (mainly buprenorphine, although some people may wish to provide help and/or advice about using other medications, including methadone).

I do not get why people have an interest in telling others what they should or shouldn't do. There is no reason that I understand, for example, to tell someone else 'you are not really clean; you are fooling yourself.' Such a comment is, frankly, arrogant and stupid. I encourage the moderators to delete comments with that general tone without delay; as they only get in the way of intelligent discussion.

If a person has information to share that is negative, about buprenorphine or anything else, you are certainly encouraged to share. But please try to put your thinking cap on, and approach the article from an intelligent perspective. For example, if your cousin heard a rumor that Suboxone rots your teeth (it doesn't by the way), feel free to say 'my cousin heard a rumor blah blah blah.... but avoid putting up a headline saying 'Suboxone rots teeth!!!' Why? Because people come here for information, and we have the responsibility to be helpful, not misleading.

If you want to share your own negative experiences, speak with the understanding of the facts; as of April 2010, several hundred thousand people around the world have been treated with buprenorphine, or more accurately, high-dose buprenorphine, the phrase that is apparently being used for treatment of opiate dependence, abbreviated 'HDB'. We now have many, many studies looking at every aspect of treatment that a grad student can think of, and the medication has shown itself to be remarkably safe, given that it is used to treat a fatal illness. Compared to chemotherapy, for example, the side effects are pretty low. So if you have a strange side effect, chances are that you are NOT discovering a new form of toxicity. When you present your symptoms, talk in the first person-- the way people talk at AA meetings. For example, instead of saying 'you really should do so and so', say 'I don't know about you, but here is MY experience.'

I thank everyone who has contributed to the flow of information here; I receive nice comments from newcomers all the time, who write about how much they learned from this forum. That is a reflection on all of you. I just want to keep things that way, and not degenerate into the usual stale arguments about whether taking buprenorphine is being 'clean enough'. Again, the forum assumes that people are capable of making up their own minds in that regard, and so posts that address THAT issue will be removed.

Thanks, everyone,
Jeff J

Also, Bboy, as I said very clearly above, if you have more questions about the rules or warnings, please PM me. I know you don't want your thread hijacked any more and turned into something very negative. So let's move back to your methadone transition and how you are doing.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next