It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 1:22 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That's awesome that you got such great feedback from your mom Bboy! I'm sure it is one of the hardest things to do in life...being a mother and watching your child's life be overtaken by addiction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Taurus wrote:
That's awesome that you got such great feedback from your mom Bboy! I'm sure it is one of the hardest things to do in life...being a mother and watching your child's life be overtaken by addiction.

Thanks, ya know it still kills me everyday knowing i put my mom through that. And she already had to deal with it with her dad my grand pa to da point were she found my grandpa dead with a bottle in his hand. And my two uncles as well one lost everything he had and we have no idea were he is. And one was hospitalized numerous times bc of the effect it had on his body after 30+ years of drinking. Thank god hes clean and sober now. And my mom basicly raised her brothers half da time she was that kind of sister. So my mom has been through hell and back dealing with addiction and now her own son is one.

I wil say i would b 100% dead if it wasnt for my mom. And no matter how bad things got she was always there for me. And that is pretty much what got me clean. was to do it for my mom i know they say u got to do it for yourself and part of me did but my moms happiness was a bigger part. She is my hero in so many ways as a family person, business women, friend and so much more. Shes thetype of person that would literally give a homeless person the shirt off her own back if it would help. She has put everyone ahead of herself for so long so thats why it was real special when she said that to me on mothers day bc for once i put someone put her feelings ahead of there own for once.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:22 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

A lil update here. As of last week it has been a full year since starting methadone. And this has been one great year to say the least, I have finnaly found a medication that does not get me high and manages my pain just as good as the opiates that ruined my life did. I found the girl who I'm going to spend the rest of my life with, my family relationships have been repaired and r better than ever and most importantly i can respect myself. I had a physical done by the Dr which was a nice surprise BC they are staying on top of my health and blood tests not just throwing large amounts of opiates at me like I'm just a number. Also the Dr said that I'm not to far from getting weekly take homes which would be the ultimate test of my recovery and I can say I feel real good about how I will take on this next step of my recovery. And I have increased my workouts which have made the biggest difference in managing my pain because I have strengthened the muscle around my injuries which gives me more support and less stress on my shoulder and knee. As summer continues I hope to increase my cardio exercise and continue a healthy recovery.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

What do you guys think?

The other day why at the clinic I was talking to this kid who just had his 1st app to c if the program will accept him or not. Anyways I was in shock to find out his DOC and addiction was to subtext and he wants to switch to methadone to get off the subutext what do u say to this kid? I doubt the clinic will accept him BC luckily they r very careful at who they accept based on your addiction more recently. Like I heard alot of the people who show up addicted to just hydrocodone and so fourth are being turned away or have the option of being put on the Dr suboxone waiting list.oh yea the head Dr at the clinic also runs his own private suboxone practice. and I've had many great conversation with him in comparing to two drugs. Anyways I'm wondering what you would of told this kid? I told him you could turn your small addiction into something much more serious BC u r going to get much higher on methadone that bupernorphine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:49 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Bump

Just was wondering what u guys thought about my most recent post?

Post subject: Backwards Addiction
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:58 pm 

Hey Bboy,

It may start happening more and more with the ease of obtaining Sub on the street. With the films they have tried to slow it down by the bar coding, but it seems likely that a person may try Bup before any other opiates and find they like it. We had a person with just that problem here recently.

I doubt if it will end up as a large problem but we know they're out there. How to treat them is the problem. We all had trouble weaning down from our DOC so we chose opiate replacement therapy instead. In the case of someone being addicted to Buprenorphine, it should just be a slow and steady taper. Hmmm, but will it work?

Well you got my 2¢

Post subject: Re: Backwards Addiction
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

rule62 wrote:
Hey Bboy,

It may start happening more and more with the ease of obtaining Sub on the street. With the films they have tried to slow it down by the bar coding, but it seems likely that a person may try Bup before any other opiates and find they like it. We had a person with just that problem here recently.

I doubt if it will end up as a large problem but we know they're out there. How to treat them is the problem. We all had trouble weaning down from our DOC so we chose opiate replacement therapy instead. In the case of someone being addicted to Buprenorphine, it should just be a slow and steady taper. Hmmm, but will it work?

Well you got my 2¢

Hey thanks for taking the time it seems not to many members read my thread anymore since I don't have nice things to say about suboxone lol. Anyways its scry to think about it because how do u treat someone addicted to medication that is supposed to get them off their DOC in this case subutext. But its def going to start happening more because suboxone is hitting the streets more and more. My counselor outside of the clinic in my suburb has been treating more and more kids who are coming in for help addicted to suboxone. And she said that they are also having a huge problem with it the drug court people abusing sub because they picked up on that it doesn't show up on the ordinary drug test, and the drug tests for sub would be way to much money for all the people.

Anyways the kid I mentioned was not accepted I know this because he left the clinic yelling and swaring. I felt bad but at the same I time I felt the Dr saved this kid alot of trouble be he was entering a whole new level of addiction in my opinion. Jut because I'm on methadone I'm not afraid to admitt I also took this same step up into a much stronger more additive opiate. But I accepted that the day i started calling these clinics and I'm glad I did because my life is a thousand times better not because I'm on medicationthat can get me high if I choose to abuse it but I'm still considered clean but because it has taken my pain away and I'm now able to live a life that some what resembles a life I enjoy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Bboy, some threads on this forum don't get more than one or two responses. Your thread has gone on for 7 pages and now you're making up personalized reasons why not enough people have responded to you? The thread is about your "switch". Your switch is over and maybe people feel the topic has already run it's course.

You really should stop taking things so personally. If you have more to discuss, start a new thread.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:06 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Oh hat u completey misread what i was saying! It was a joke it doesnt matter if people post in my thread ive shared what i wanted to say. Now i just post updates, and the topic is still very alive for myself. I get pms every day about this thread and methadone in general. Besides it would b pretty sad if i took things personall from an internet forum.

Just a quick update all is well things are only getting better which is a huge plus. Graduated from my outside drug treatment program and now starting to work with a mental health Dr who specializes in ocd behaviors. Also working with him to get off prozac which is something ive really wanted to do. But if i can get rid of the last lil bit of ocd behaviors i have left, i truly think ill be ready to get my operations done. So im going to give it my best shot to work with this Dr. Other than that just enjoying life without pain for summer in 13 years so i cant complain the least bit.

Post subject: Update
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:36 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

BBoy I don't usually visit this forum too much anymore...I just felt like there was not enough methadone activity, although I must say I as a methadone client was offered a lot of support by all the people on this site. So it was nothing bad about the forum per say I just needed a more actively involved methadone support forum.

I think of y'all often tho and every once in a while I lurk checking on you, Hat, DOAQ, amber, romeo, slipper and a few others. I am glad to hear things have moved right a long for you. I got my 13 carries/takehomes last month and it has been nice to only go to the clinic twice a month, but now I have even less interaction with others on methadone.

Post subject: Re: Update
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

finallyachance wrote:
BBoy I don't usually visit this forum too much anymore...I just felt like there was not enough methadone activity, although I must say I as a methadone client was offered a lot of support by all the people on this site. So it was nothing bad about the forum per say I just needed a more actively involved methadone support forum.

I think of y'all often tho and every once in a while I lurk checking on you, Hat, DOAQ, amber, romeo, slipper and a few others. I am glad to hear things have moved right a long for you. I got my 13 carries/takehomes last month and it has been nice to only go to the clinic twice a month, but now I have even less interaction with others on methadone.

I would love to see a methadone forum as active as this forum. But I do enjoy this forum very much I find it nice to read people's success with recovery also toread updates about suboxone in general. Good for you on getting your monthly take homes that's awesome you are doing very well. I just hope to get weekly soon with school starting back up,but I got to say I truly don't mind driving there every day. I know so many people on suboxone thinks that's so crazy and would never do it but it has actually increased my recovery, as in I'm there everyday beside weekend mine as well sit in on a group or I casually have conversations with counselor. I'm never just in and out any more. Not to mention I love just sitting back driving my jag xf listening to music so I'm not complaing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi finallyachance (aka---running bear. LOL),

I'm so glad to hear you're doing well and that you got some take homes.....you go girl!!!

Thanks for checking in and letting us know you're doing good.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:42 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Yeah I never really minded driving there everyday either too much. Snow was a bit iffy at times but it was a way to stay connected to recovery daily plus, I have a wonderful counselor which is nit so often the case.

Romeo how is amber??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey finallyachance,

Amber is about the same, goofy as ever!! LOL

She's actually doing really good with her recovery, I know you'd be proud of her, cuz I am!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

We talked for over an hour today, on google+ chat,,,,

LOL

and who cares if im goofy!!!

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I here you on driving in the winter. But like you mention by going daily you really stay in touch with your recovery and get to communicate with other people on methadone which is always nice. A forum is great but talking face to face about certain issues or side effects is a thousand times better. Also I have found you can become much closer with your counselor and develop a real relationship vs seeing someone once a month. And this in hand made getting take homes much easier as we'll.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:20 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well I just wanted to stop in and say I had my MRIs and I'm just waiting to here back from my Dr. I feel real good to say the least I feel like I took another important step in my recovery and just a lil more hope in one day being drug free. But at the same time I'm nervous because I might have to accept that I will be on methadone or some type of meds the rest of my life and that scares me to death. If the results come back not so good but I'm keeping positive and with medical advances who knows what will happen down the road. But they could come back good too so I'm living day to day now because I can't predict the future.

I also wanted to talk about what happen this past weekend. I attended a wedding with my GF and it was great that is till the after party. It's hard enough being a recovering addict in a large group of people as it is. But it's another thing being a recovering addict surround by a hundred drunk people. I thought it was going to be difficult but I was surprised with how irritated I got over the smallest things talking to a intoxicated person. Is this normal? I mean would any of you got upset or short temper.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:51 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello Bboy, first off I wanted to say that I am sorry to hear that you are having medical issues. You do sound like you have a very positive attitude about it though. And I firmly believe that ones attitude during times like these, heavily impacts the outcome. Not just physical, but mental outcome mostly. I wil keep you in my prayers.

Second, I have already been exposed to the situation of being around a bunch of drunk people, in my recovery. I have found that you don't necessarily have to be a recovering addict, to be annoyed by a group of drunks. You just have to be sober! LOL!
It does make it a little harder I think, when we are in recovery though. Because it's not just that we choose not to be drunk with them, we also CAN'T be drunk with them. I hope that makes sense. I don't know exactly why I am more sensitive to it now, but I am. I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone in feeling short tempered and irritated. I think I should point out though, that you just had yourself in a situation that was somewhat unavoidable, since it was a wedding. And you didn't even get tempted!!!!! So, I just wanted to give you a pat on the back for that as well!

Good luck with all of all of your testing. Please post a follow up and let us know how it all goes. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thank so much for the kind words going strong and your post made me feel alot better so thanks again. I too agree with you 100% a persons attitude plays a huge role in any medical procedure. My girlfriend had brain cancer when she was 13 and was giving no more six months to live. Why everyone around her was crying and feeling sorry for her when they got this information she said this is not her time I'm going to beat this. Well after a long battle a several tumors/operations later she is 5 years in remission living happy healthy and well. And to this day she firmly believes she beat it because of having a positive attitude no matter how bad things got!

And very good point about being around a bunch of drunks. Your right you don't have to be a recovering addict to be easily annoyed being surrounded by that type of setting/situation. And I won't lie I was def a bit jealous at times saying how come I can't attend a wedding have a couple drinks with everyone and not wake up the next day wanting to the same thing all over. At the same time being sober around a bunch of drunk people was a good reminder of why I don't drink or do drugs anymore. And yea I had to wants or will to use so i was proud of myself about that.

And I'll def keep you all up to date with my MRI results.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:58 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Bboy,
I just wanted to say HI, and Im glad your keeping your thread up here.
Sorry to hear about the MRI stuff, but like you said, maybe you'll hear GOOD stuff back!!! Keepin my fingers crossed for ya bro.

AND, I always feel like an outsider, in 'social' situations, like a wedding for example. THEN, add the drinking or whatever is being 'passed' and then I really feel like the black sheep. LOL
But then I remind myself, of what comes in the other hand, FOR ME, if I choose to take part.

oh, its a lifelong journey, full of roadblocks, speedbumps, and most of all sunsets and rainbows.

Keep up your positive attitude, it'll take you a long ways.

Good luck

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next