It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:50 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

indigochild said: "if I ever want to learn how to worry about 'whatever' i'll ask you. geez, you whine like my wife."

Seriously? Again, there is NO ROOM for PERSONAL ATTACKS on this website. Saying the above to Bboy is equivalent to a personal attack and that's unacceptable.

Consider this an official warning. Direct any questions you have about this to me or another moderator via PM.

Maybe we should all back up and think about what we were told as children: If you don't have something nice to say, maybe you should re-think saying anything at all. I hate to have to say something like that, because we are all adults here after all.

The bottom line is we can disagree about ideas presented by others, but we shouldn't generalize said disagreement into personal attacks on that person!

Thanks for everyone's cooperation with this.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

So i put my request in so the process has begun so i will keep you all updated on whats going on and when i might start getting takehomes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Great news the Dr signed off on my paers for takehomes so i should start getting them thi weekend. Ill keep you guys updated just wanted to share the good news. After good talks with my counselors i am no longer stressing this infact i am really happy.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congrats bboy, I know you will do just fine. I'm glad you're not stressed about this anymore, it's a good thing and you've worked very hard to get here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Breezy_Ann wrote:
Congrats bboy, I know you will do just fine. I'm glad you're not stressed about this anymore, it's a good thing and you've worked very hard to get here.

Thanku breezy i am def in a good spot about this. The key thing is just what u said and my counselors too. I did work very hard to get to this point and as my counselor put it you are being rewarded for your hard work. And im not going to lie its going to b real nice not having to wake up to a alarm clock saturday. And ill prolly wake up at the same time but its on my time not a methadone clinics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

i just wanted to say good for u B-boy you have worked hard. i hope we all turn out like this on a tuff situation. i'm useing some of my reserve meds becouse my doc wont get going on the prior autherisation thing :( :shock: and i only have a few left

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks jb

Well it is offical i now get weekend takehomes 100% i have my sat and sun dose in my possesion. Thanku all so much for your help and support u all def helped me get to this point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:17 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

So its time for an update.

I am on my second weekend of getting takehomes and its truly been a huge step in my recovery. The most important being that I'm relearning how to manage my opiate medication without taking more to get high. More importantly i am gaining my independence back no more relying on a methadone clinic. Also doing so i could take my gf on a weekend get away have sleep overs and go out to breakfast without having to be done eating by a certain time. I have also tried something to help my pain even more as in spilt dosing and OMG i have not been in pain since thursday. Im also able to do more in the workout room which is nice cause i feel better about myself. Anyone with serious pain on suboxone and its just not working i would seriously look into methadone it has changed my life beyond my dreams as in pain management!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:09 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That's great bboy! I am so happy for you, you have come a long way! Keep kickin' ass!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks breezy for following my thread and all the kind words.

I cant begin to tell you guys how much better my pain is being managed since i started doing spilt dosesing. It has changed my life and my quality o life is now like how it was before my pain started. I actually wake up happy and excited for what the day holds now . I dont have to worry about the weather and i could do more active things i enjoy for once. Its also real nice bc my parents, friends, gf and counselors have even notice how good im doing and its always nice to hear that other people see me making big strides and changes. Its amazing how much methadone has changed my life, i never thought i could get real pain control without being a junkie/high. And im hoping just maybe over time i could get my operations now that im more stable. And i was talking with my counselor he introduced me to one of his patients who had a complete knee replacement operation and didnt take one pain pill they just upped his methadone dose for a few months and once the knee was better they got him back down to his normal dose and now present date he is almost done with the program at 10mg were he was originally at 80mgs. So i actually have a lil bit of hope now that it is possible to get my operations done without relapsing. My true goal is one day to get off methadone or at least be on a very low dose. And i want to one day maybe get back on the baseball field coaching at a high level.

Post subject: Congrats
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:53 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Really happy for you. I could read the excitement in your words that you feel such a relief to be gaining some of your independence plus the pain management. I too found such relief in the split dose method. I have went thru three teeth breaking off at the gumline (so the nerve is exposed) and some gall bladder issues and thank God for the methadone as it helped in my pain. My doctor told me the analgesic side of methadone only last twelve hours at most so if you have a pain issue that can last more on the twenty four seven side, well methadone is great for pain relief in twelve hour intervals so the split dosing is right on time with that. Keep up the good work. In three months I will hopefully qualify for two week takehomes which will help put space between me having to go an hour each way once a week. It has took me three years instead of the two it usually takes to get the next level. I relapsed once nine months ago which starts the whole year wait all over. I was almost there then. Stupid move went to Daytona (old stomping grounds) called old playmates etc...You know the drill.

Post subject: big accomplishment
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:10 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hi Bboy, I just wanted to say that I recognize what a big step forward it is for you to be getting your take-homes now and it is great to hear how well you are doing. I'm glad you have kept this thread going with updates, and I think it is cool that you decided to keep posting on the sub forum even though you ended up deciding that methadone was a better option for you. I'm really glad you did decide to stick around here, I think it's a plus to have some diversity on the forum, in terms of people's treatment plans and stories. Also, it's just nice to have some consistency of menbers, although of course, new people are always a big part of any online forum too. So, anyway thanks for continuing to post, and I continue to wish you well and applaud all your successes!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanku both so much for your posts. Its nice to see even people hear can see the changes and how i feel just from reading my post. Yea FC methadone has done wonders for my pain too i have never felt this good while i was on suboxone so its been almost 5 years since ive gotten true pain relief. And i only wish i found methadone sooner i put myself through a living hell to stay clean those four years on subs but i will say no matter how bad my pain got subs at least helped reduce cravings. I guess i have alot of anger knowing i wasted five years of my lifed when the cure was right in front of my eyes, but i bought into the whole methadone junkie crap but its no different than suboxone. And yea i def had to stick around i like this forum, alot kind people, lots of real life experience and accurate information!

Def will keep u guys updated and now im counting down the days till im ready for weekly takehomes lol jk lets not get to far ahead of myself B.

Post subject: Pain management
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:23 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

It is obvious that you are in extreme pain and that your doctor's are working with you. Question, can you get a pain pump? I was just put on prialt a non narcotic. I feel like I can see the light. Incredible pain relief, and I don't get high at all. I would not be here today if I had to continue down the road you are on. Your body will never get a chance to heal. Are you doing exercise it will help you immensely. I hope you will succeed at whatever course you choose.

Post subject: Re: Pain management
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

britianyann wrote:
It is obvious that you are in extreme pain and that your doctor's are working with you. Question, can you get a pain pump? I was just put on prialt a non narcotic. I feel like I can see the light. Incredible pain relief, and I don't get high at all. I would not be here today if I had to continue down the road you are on. Your body will never get a chance to heal. Are you doing exercise it will help you immensely. I hope you will succeed at whatever course you choose.

I do everything i can when it comes to working out or doing cardio with in my limits. Pain pump? And im actually very happy with the road im on for the first time in 12 years i feel like im living again. Over those 12 years i was living but living doesnt always mean you are living alive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:20 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The Prialt pain pump is very risky and has many negative side effects, including hallucinations. It does work for some people, but MANY have had very bad experiences with it. The meds are delivered right into the spinal canal instead of orally, etc.

If it helps you, britianyann, that's TERRIFIC! More power to you. :)

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:49 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey guys a quick update for you.

Things are going beyond great right now my pain is almost non existent on good days now that the weather is heating up. I also graduated from my out patient rehab program as well which is a great feeling and will save me alot of money to lol. And i dont know if i mention this but i have also started looking into getting my operations done and will have two updated MRI this summer to see were things are at and if all goes well i might start talking/looking for DRs to see there perspective on were things are at and whats possible. Other than that all is well im coming to a year of being on methadone which is nice bc this is by far the best year ive had in 13 years!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:45 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

wow bboy" i'm impressed on how well methadone works for you!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Quick update

Hey guys today is my bday and i am happy to say im doing well and cant wait to see what this new year of my life holds. Everything is still going great, i was talking with my counselor and he said weekly take homes are nt to far off after all the progress ive done/shown since starting weekend take homes. And i was also put on the once a month drug test list bc of how well im doing. Im looking foward to this summer for once and im truly not worried about running into old friends like i always do when school is ending. Bc for once in my life im truly happy with were my life is at. I have true friends, im in a good place with my family and have a girl that loves me for me and knows all my past and still choose to be with me. Tanks for listening.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Happy mothers daay to all your moms and the moms on da forum.

My mom said something to me today that truly let me know all the hard work i put forth is finally paying off. She said when i asked her what she wanted for mothers day that i already gave her the best gift possible. That she hasnt seen me this happy/healthy in years and it has taken a huge weight off her shoulders knowing she doesnt hve to worry about me 24/7. Ya know we cant really see our progress but the people around us can, and to here someone of importance say this to you is a great feeling.

A lil upate im telling any of you who deal with serious chronic pain, try your best to start a strengthening program with your Dr/local gym instructor it has really made a huge difference. It really takes some of the strain and pressure off whaever injury you have. And im not going to lie the first few weeks really hurt and you will b sore but it def pays off.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next