It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Orange doll wrote:
Bboy,

I just wanted you to know I have been following your thread and wanted to say I am happy for you. It sounds like you are in a good place in life. Your pain is mostly under control, you are getting treatment, and are starting school! Good for you! And who cares if your dose is higher than you originally thought.....its working.

I have been doing pretty well on sub. Im now down to 4mg a day because I felt 8mg was making me tired and blah feeling. I do feel better on 4mg. I have been on sub for about a year and 4months and I feel like this med saved my life.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and congratulations on all that is happening for you. Take care!

PS. I live in the pacific NW so we get such mild weather. Im glad I don't have to deal with the extreem heat or cold!

Thank you so much orange doll for the kind words and it is nice to know people are following this thread even if they don’t post as much as others have. I think you really hit the head on the nail as in to not worry about my dose being higher than I wanted honestly I really don’t care what people say about my dose anymore because they have no idea what pain I got through and mental addiction issues I have. I actually was increased to 150 on the DRs orders today after we talked yesterday and he got my blood work results in which I think had something to do with it. And the dose works just fine actually so far but the big part is tomorrow morning that is where I am having trouble on and off and of course my pain in the morning is when it is at its worst and with winter coming up I am a lil worried because even on pain meds I would have bad pain during the cold weather.

But also glad to hear you are doing so well with suboxone and mostly that it saved your life. Keep up the great work and mad props to lowering your dose down to 4mg because you realized 8 made you fell not so great.

Lucky you not having to deal with weather changes that much lol. Thanks again for all the support and hope to see you post more in hear now.

Brent

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:10 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Bboy -

I'm glad you're still doing well. I wanted to let you know you are not alone in how weather changes makes your pain worse. It's like that for me. Sometimes it's just the changes in barometric pressure that makes me feel worse. It can be cold weather that does it or even a change for the better than does it as well. And the really shitty part of it all is that we can't do a thing about it! At least nothing I've found so far. If you find a way to deal with pain due to weather changes, you be sure to let me know! Hang in there and keep up the good work. Don't let anyone give you hell about your dose...do what you need to do for yourself!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:12 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Bboy,

It took me forever to figure out that it wasn't necessarily the cold weather that made my pain worse, but, like Hat said, a change in the weather was doing it. I had noticed for a while that when it was windy outside, my pain seemed to be worse. That got me to thinking that maybe a change in air pressure was causing my pain to worsen. The thing that finally cinched it for me was when I would have to fly somewhere, my ankles would go ape shit. It was the plane being pressurized and depressurized that would make my ankles hurt so intensely.

That seems to be what made my pain worse, I wonder if the same thing is happening to you?

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yea it sucks knowing that every winter I will have real bad pains and like you said HAT there is really nothing we can do what so ever. I mean just picking up and moving isn’t as easy as it sounds and I could not imagine not spending xmas in Buffalo. I also get pain from small weather changes HAT just say on a rainy day my knee will bother me.

So my dose def helped me a lot this morning compared to where I was I still have some pain of course but I know that will never go away so it is no surprise. But I am still having some light dope sick feelings in between doses so I don’t know what will happen right now I hope it gets better. Suboxone really killed me in that aspect the DR said because my tolerance to opiates is much higher than if I wasn’t on Sub for so long which in turn is another reason I am on a higher dose than I thought I didn’t want to say it yesterday because I was still iffy to talk about my dose but I will be getting a 5mg increase every Tuesday till I reach 170mg and that is my cut off I told the DR to give me no more increases this year. Also I could stop the increases anytime I want but my counselor said he is rewarding me by giving me this much freedom and responsibility because of how well I am doing with the program and honesty is real big with him. No dirty UAs helps because I guess it is not common for new patients to fail at least one drug test or two in the early stages of the program.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:06 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

SO was increased to 155mg and I am happy to say every single increase I get I am noticing positive sings but I have really been happy with what this increase has done for me. My morning are getting better and I think once I reach 170 morning will no longer have to be tolerable but enjoy full. And doing well now that school started excited to be back in a class room for the first time in so long and nice to socialize again with people and it was not to bad running into old using friends because they are still using and are not in school should of thought of that when it was stressing me in the first place lol. But I will let you know once I reach 170 how things are really going and will do a long post on my recovery.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:15 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Bboy, I have been following your thread and am so happy that you are doing so well. You definitely seem like a much happier person than you did a few months ago when I first joined. Correct me if I'm wrong but when I read your posts I get the feeling that you are a bit ashamed of the strength of the dose you are requiring or at least afraid others will judge you for it. I just wanted to say that the mg you are on in my opinion doesn't matter, its just a number. You have finally found some pain control, you remain in remission and are able to once again enjoy your life. If 170 mg is what makes all of that possible then that is what it takes and no different than someone requiring half that to get the same outcome. I guess what I am trying to say is focus less on that silly number and more on how far you have come and if someone has something negative to say about you living a fulfilling life then screw em! Again if I am wrong about this I apologize, I just wanted to give you some support and to say I think it is great that you are having such success!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Breezy_Ann wrote:
Hi Bboy, I have been following your thread and am so happy that you are doing so well. You definitely seem like a much happier person than you did a few months ago when I first joined. Correct me if I'm wrong but when I read your posts I get the feeling that you are a bit ashamed of the strength of the dose you are requiring or at least afraid others will judge you for it. I just wanted to say that the mg you are on in my opinion doesn't matter, its just a number. You have finally found some pain control, you remain in remission and are able to once again enjoy your life. If 170 mg is what makes all of that possible then that is what it takes and no different than someone requiring half that to get the same outcome. I guess what I am trying to say is focus less on that silly number and more on how far you have come and if someone has something negative to say about you living a fulfilling life then screw em! Again if I am wrong about this I apologize, I just wanted to give you some support and to say I think it is great that you are having such success!

Thank you so much for the support. For a while I was def not happy or yes ashamed about needing to be on such a high dose because well methadone is a full antagonist so I was fearfull of being judged thinking I was trying to chase a high. I myself knew this was not true but I am a human no matter how strong of person you are you will always feel judged in some aspect it is just how you let it affect you is the key ive learned. And going back to about a couple weeks now I have stopped caring what anyone has to say about my methadone dose that is why I shard I am going to be getting 5mg increases till I reach 170mg. A couple members helped me open up about this and realize that my dose is my business and I shouldnt care what others have to say especially considering a lot of people have never taken methadone properly in the first place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey guys just wanted to do an update on how things are going. And things are going great I am finally done with increases and will be at a stable maintenance dose of 170 for now. And I hope over time I could go down some once I get more stable and deep into my treatment with the clinic. My pain is no longer a issue in my life really, well to me nothing because when you live with pain for 12 years than it gets down to a 1 or 2 from a 9 to 10 it is like having no pain for me. I don’t have using dreams much anymore was having a lot of them in the beginning, I will always have cravings but they are also not as intense or frequent, and like I said my pain is down and level no more up and downs with pain. This switch to methadone saved my life I believe I was at a dead end with suboxone and don’t know how much longer I would have held on before sayings fuck it and using again because that is how bad things got at times. But all those thoughts went away real quick just after a couple days on methadone overall I think methadone saved my life at this point and I am so grateful to my clinic more than anything. I know a lot of people say terrible things about methadone and clinics but this clinic has done so much for me, I now actually participate in my recovery instead of doing he motions. And it is nice to know I made the right decision in my life and I do not have any regrets what so ever about the choice I made. I know a lot of people would think this way but going back to a full antagonist was not so bad and I attend a clinic so I cant take more to get high because I don’t have more to take lol. And I am well above a blocking dose so I don’t have to worry about that either!

Overall life is good I can’t tell you how happy I am back in school, more active with friends, gf and family. Just want to thank you all for who have support me and followed my progress and I plan to continue to update this thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:22 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks for the update, Bboy. Glad you're doing well. Oh and BTW, methadone is a full AGONIST, not an antagonist. Suboxone is a partial agonist and the naloxone in it is an antagonist. Just wanted to clear that up. Keep up the good work!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:59 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks Hat

Yea i get thosed mixed up all the time thanks for clearing that up.

Post subject: LIFE IS GOOD
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:54 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey guys well now that I have been on 170 and starting to stabilize out I am so happy with where my dose ended up and everything it does for me. I have no pain anymore really and for the first time in a long time I am not dreading the cold weather hear in Buffalo. But really anyone who is thinking about going on methadone for any reason pain wise or even addiction give it a try because I am telling you all the BS lies you hear about it are far from true this drug saved my life literally saved my life. I have lived with pain for 12 straight years this drug eliminated all of it just about and I have only been on it for 5 months. I was on suboxone for 5 years and got no results so this is very exciting for me I just wasn’t one of the members that suboxone worked for with my pain. Besides pain the mental aspect of addiction with methadone is also going great for me and I don’t know about any of you with pain but my mental health plays a big role in my pain due to having OCD. Cravings are Lessing up and are not as intense, using dreams are finally starting to lessen up as well thank god. And I am starting to realize that treating my addiction is so much more than just taking a pill this just goes for me of course which is really telling me something and how well this treatment option has worked out I think clearly and I can rationalize better as well. Plus my emotions are finally back in tact and are starting to become normal for me which is nice because I am felling emotions I have not felt in a long time. And a huge plus my gf and I were talking about this last night my sex drive is much better since the switch which is always nice. Plus the people close to me are starting to say they are noticing great changes with me and a couple friends even said the other day i remind them of myself before all this shit hit he fan 12 years ago and to hear that really gave me this burst of energy and feeling taht felt so good almost like a natural high is that is possiable.

But most importantly I am starting to lower my sleeping meds aka 100mg seroquel which is the best thing in the world to me I hate that drug and what it does to me. I know some of you know what life is like having to take this shit for any reason mine as well just take tranqualizers. Alos my Prozac dose is also going to start being lowered along with lunesta my other sleep med, all because of how well methadone is working for me. I just want to share this with you guys because all your support made this happen not just methadone but helping me realize that there is so much more to talking about these things with people who understand on this forum. Groups are great but this is a place has helped me so much too.

I just wanted to say I am doing great and just want to thank all of you for your help and support you guys made a lot of my success happen and just wanted to share that with all of you!!!!!!

Post subject: hey bboy..
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:50 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

btm,fyi, the more dirty UAs is EXPECTED in the eairly stages of doneclinic- not rigorous honesty and clean UAs....they give that initial 30mg dose because people like you that come to a doneclinic FREE OF DOPE doesn't fall out on say 60mg.....meanwhile the strung out junkies that need the higher dose have to suffer on that 30mg intake and still use until their dose is jacked up. The clinic is the one place you should be pissin fire into the bottom of that cup. anyone would get high as hell on that zero tolerence to 170mg ride ya took. fact= done kills pain for 6 hours- i hope you don't have pain the other 18. i made this mistake and now get done as a presciption. i was just sayin... don't take my comments personally, they are not mean't to be offensive, only informative and pertaining to the nature of this thread. nothing more, nothing less....ps, those 5 mg increases are easy to take each week , but the decreases...another story and if ya ever go to jail or the hospital good luck- seriously :)

Post subject: Re: hey bboy..
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:08 pm 
indigochild wrote:
fact= done kills pain for 6 hours- i hope you don't have pain the other 18. i made this mistake and now get done as a presciption.

I have to say that this was absolutely true for me. MMT isn't meant to be a program to treat chronic pain, it doesn't work pharmacologicaly number one because methadone only has a 6, MAYBE 8 hour analgesic effect. Methadone cannot be prescribed by a Dr. to treat addiction but can certainly be prescribed for pain. I made a similar mistake in going into a MMT program because I 'couldn't handle having a months worth of RX's,' but almost instantly I realized that I had to continue to use other drugs on Methadone anyway because its analgesic effect only lasted a few hours. By the end of my time on Methadone Maintenence I was taking Methadone, Morphine, Oxycodone, Valium, Soma and Klonopin. At that point all methadone was doing for me was drastically increasing my tollerance and making the other meds I took less effective and essentially keeping me in active addiction. Methadone needs to be dosed at LEAST two times daily to be effective as a painkiller.

-Travis

Post subject: Re: hey bboy..
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:07 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

travispnorton wrote:
indigochild wrote:
fact= done kills pain for 6 hours- i hope you don't have pain the other 18. i made this mistake and now get done as a presciption.

I have to say that this was absolutely true for me. MMT isn't meant to be a program to treat chronic pain, it doesn't work pharmacologicaly number one because methadone only has a 6, MAYBE 8 hour analgesic effect. Methadone cannot be prescribed by a Dr. to treat addiction but can certainly be prescribed for pain. I made a similar mistake in going into a MMT program because I 'couldn't handle having a months worth of RX's,' but almost instantly I realized that I had to continue to use other drugs on Methadone anyway because its analgesic effect only lasted a few hours. By the end of my time on Methadone Maintenence I was taking Methadone, Morphine, Oxycodone, Valium, Soma and Klonopin. At that point all methadone was doing for me was drastically increasing my tollerance and making the other meds I took less effective and essentially keeping me in active addiction. Methadone needs to be dosed at LEAST two times daily to be effective as a painkiller.

-Travis

these are facts and Travis' story and mine are similar. DON'T GO TO A MMT EXPECTING FULL AROUND THE CLOCK ANALGESIC AFFECT just because bboy says so. If you suffer from pain, addiction, go to a real Dr.- trust me, there is a solution. for the most part mdone clinics are raquets- i challenge Bboy to find one shread of literature stating clinics offer round the clock relief-unless your clinic doses 4? times a day B? what do you suffer from anyway?, good large dose, and you are what 24? .., or is that some privacy web thing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You crack me up man you truly crack me up. Before talking all your knowledge and saying I am wrong don’t you think you should of asked how it works for me like this???
Now please show me where in my last post it said go to a methadone clinic? Or that methadone is going to kill the other members pain all day, the only thing I said close to that is methadone will help with your pain as of how long who knows it is different for each person. I’ll quote myself “But really anyone who is thinking about going on methadone for any reason pain wise give it a try”. Now tell me where does that say go to a methadone clinic??????? I am saying if you are having pain and suboxone is not working try methadone as of where you get it or how is your business and what option you choose is your choice whether a clinic or private DR. But as of talking for just pain it is a private DR cause that is your only option if you choose not to go the clinic route to also help your addiction. Don’t you think you should of at least asked how I get pain relief for most of my day before running your mouth? I wake up at 10AM I than do my Strengthen exercises, eat, shower, than drive to the clinic where I will dose around 12 to 1PM. My dose pain wise last me anywhere from 7 to 9 hours depending on my how much activity I had in my day so my pain usually will start to slowly creep up around 7 to 9 pm. But after living with a 9 to 10 on the pain scale for the last 5 years having a 1 to 3 pain wise once my meds ware off for myself are not pain hence why I say most of my pain is gone. I than go to sleep at 11 to 12Am where I will take a very strong dose of sleeping pills and well the last time I checked you don’t feel anything if you are a sleep so the only time I feel pain each day is before bed and in the morning VS feeling pain all day nonstop on suboxone. SO THIS IS WHY I SAY I DON’T HAVE PAIN REALLY THAT MUCH ANYMORE! But I guess Indigo doesn’t realize every person has a different routine or schedule so what works for him is the only way. But if you took the time to actually ask me instead of try to be a smart ass you would of known this.

“If you suffer from pain, addiction, go to a real Dr.- trust me, there is a solution!”

Yea all my fellow drug addicts trying to recover listen to Indigo go get a monthly script of methadone and see what happens with going back on a opiate with no ceiling effect. I mean we were all so good at controlling ourselves with our Drug of Choice in our possession the first time so I guess the 2nd time will be much different. See Indigo I am a drug addict and choose to go to a methadone clinic I could go to any private pain Dr I want to get methadone but because I am a addict I choose not to do that for my own safety and health.

Don’t bother posing back to me and if you do that’s cool you will never get a response from me again.

Best of luck to you buddy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:19 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

why sweat it. were all going to get it!! b-boy". we all say" get plenty of exercise,work out.
but the harder i work, i sweat and feel w/d??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

johnboy wrote:
why sweat it. were all going to get it!! b-boy". we all say" get plenty of exercise,work out.
but the harder i work, i sweat and feel w/d??

Yea more so what I am saying Johnboy is the more activity I have in my day the sooner my pain comes back as in my meds warring off quicker in that aspect. But not WD if I wrote that and it is my quote, I must have messed up what I was trying to say.

Had a group today and the topic was Denial and we pretty much just free styled of that went around sharing about our stories and parts where denial might of played some type of role. And I didn’t realize till today that I still have some denial about my addiction and recovery. Talking about it really helped and hearing me saying out loud was a big part. Because I usually hold a lot of my issues inside me and put on a brave face so people close to me don’t worry about me. I understand I gave them that reason to worry but over time I denied that I did give them a reason because I didn’t want to say yes I did but today I did say yes I did do that. I don’t know just wanted to share that with you guys and if you get some time just think about some of the things you might have had denial about at one point in your addiction or recovery. I didn’t realize but denial for myself played a huge role in my addiction, in the sport factor alone. I didn’t want to deny that baseball was over and I no longer was getting those invites to private tryouts for farm clubs of major league teams or giving a tryout option for the show case team each year I was on for 6 years straight. Which fueled my addiction in many ways and I guess this group really brought me back to what started my down fall with opiates in the first place, anways thanks for your support guys and I will give you a update on how things are going in a couple weeks.

Brent

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well figured I would do an update in this thread since it has been a while now.

Life is good right now overall when it comes to my opiate addiction treatment. My pain levels continue to be no higher than a 3 at most, and most days not even a 3. The pain management I get from methadone has been so good that I got back into jogging every morning before I go to the clinic. That is with a 300 dollar special fitted brace, but hey money well spent and I can’t tell you how much being able to actually work out has made me feel. I like how I look, my mind and spirit are free and clear and overall I just feel good about myself not just mentally but physically as well and I have not felt that in a while and hey my gf is not complaing either. and this have given me something to do with my mom who does 5ks all the time and that is my goal by next summer to be able to run a 5k with my mom with my knee I think that is a great goal. And man I didn’t believe my mom when she said running hurts your shoulders if you have a bad posture running but boy she was right.

I am coming up on 7 months with methadone and the clinic, and I think I am real close to getting take homes. My counselor has mentioned it a couple times and officially the 22nd will be 7 months which means we have to update my file. I hope that is when he will put in a request for me to start getting weekend or at least Sunday take homes. At first I asked myself if I am ready to get them and I was iffy but now I know I am ready for them and have no plans on doing anything stupid with them. I guess some problems they have is people will skip a dose on Saturday or only take half than on Sunday they will double up there dose to get high or something like that. I just want take homes so I don’t have to keep paying so much money for gas each week. I wouldn’t even care if I had them if the clinic was closer honestly. I don’t mind going to the clinic it gives me something to do when I am not in class or at work and down time is my worst enemy so this helps with that a lot. And I will stop and talk with my counselor or some of the guys and girls I have been getting to know in group or the security guard I always talk to about sports. Overall I don’t want to be one of those people who get so caught up in getting take homes that they complain about it all the time in line, the waiting room or group and boy we have those people.

Anyways thanks for listening !!!!!!!!!

Post subject: imply
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:01 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I said close to that is methadone will help with your pain as of how long who knows it is different for each person. I’ll quote myself “But really anyone who is thinking about going on methadone for any reason pain wise give it a try”. Now tell me where does that say go to a methadone clinic???????

this is just one little snippet from many implications...you should say methadone helped MY PAIN...instead you wrote and i quote, methadone will help YOUR PAIN....there are many blatant or underhanded references through out your entire thread of mis-information. don't get pissed, this is a forum, and i prolly know a good deal more about done, as it relates to treatment and an analgesic

you make many references that can be very confusing to a reader, pertaining how MMT can be used as a great analgesic. this is a forum, and i'm trying to be the pragmatic guy that has been on both sides of the fence. if readers read your mis-info, i feel i have an obligation to them to hear my disagreements - with that said, i'm learning to pick and choose my battles- so for anyone that reads this entire thread, should know my stance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Look i understand wanting to correct me to help readers and i am cool with that. But why do u have to bring up quotes from a argument we had a month ago after i post a nice update on my progress. We know your stance you have posted it word for word on every page but how can u correct a update? I mean to go out of your way to pull qoutes up from so long ago is just weird and i hate the saying troll but it seems like thats all u were trying to do with that last post. Bc if u read my last post it shohuld not give u any reason to act that way.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next