It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:00 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

So I am weeks away from a probable painless jump. Been on subs for 3 years and could never get low enough to stop. The strips are the perfect solution. I am down to .05mg, 50 micrograms, 1/40th of the strip. Once I made it to 1/4 of a 2mg strip (.5mg for the math impaired) getting to 1/40th was not hard. The key is to give your meds to a second party who can dispense the proper dose. I didn’t follow this until recently which is why it took me over a year to go from 4mg to where im at now. Also wait atleast a week in between dose changes or until you feel fine at a lower dose. I went up and down based on how I felt. By making a family member hold my meds I felt shameful asking for more. THIS IS KEY.
Hope is also key. Think about the future. A future filled with no sickness, obsession about dosing, constipation, dry mouth, anxiety, etc. etc, etc. I always felt as though everything I did would be better if I was not on sub. Still do. Life is great on this low amount though, so im looking forward to the big zero. I look forward to that future very much.
So the dose I am at now is a 2mg strip cut into about 40 pieces (use a ruler to make sure it’s precise). I never feel sick anymore, just a bit anxious sometimes (after about 24 hrs since my last dose) which is when I dose again. Almost all of the side effects of sub went away at .1mg. Once I settle on this dose in about a week I will cut this tiny amount in half to an even smaller amount and just keep going till I cant cut it any smaller. Why stop before? I made it this far right? When I stop I will let you know how I feel. I am almost positive from reading blogs and talking to other people about this that I will have almost no noticeable withdrawal. .05mg is equivalent (except for the half life) to like 1mg hydro(nothing).
LIFE is better every day. Don’t feel discouraged. I went from oxy addict to pre med honor student in 3 years. I volunteer at a hospital which has helped tremendously in keeping me busy, another major help. When im at home doing nothing I get anxious about dosing so keeping busy is the only way. Clonodine as well.
Anything is possible man, anything. We are not junkies anymore. We are everybody else. Good luck guys. I hope I don’t sound too pretentious/melodramatic. Sorry if I did, just real excited about getting off this crap. Be back soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You are really talented. I'm serious. Now, if I cut the films into 16 pieces, I thought that was pretty small. I cannot believe you cut that thing into forty pieces....how in the world do you get it to hold still enough so you can cut it accurately, what do you cut it with, how do you get it into your mouth, etc? You have tapered so crazy low that it begs the question of why you don't just stop it altogether now. On the other hand, I think I can see the reason to your method. It is absolutely a fantastic way to pretty much ensure that you are going to avoid acute withdrawal and probably PAWS too. I'm at 1.0 mg now. How long did it take you to get from 1 mg to 1/40 of a strip and what increments did you go down in? Really curious because you sound like you're doing great and you're very positive, so you are doing something right.

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:40 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Wow...good job on getting on such a low dose. I would also like to know exactly how you cut the strips that small! And then get them into your mouth!

The thing is though, and I am not trying to be mean, but I don't think suboxone is "crap" to everyone. It works well for lots of people. I have been on it for a year.....I am alive, not OBSESSING about dilaudid, and not using dilaudid. Sub is doing its job for me!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:14 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

WOW how do you cut that into 40 pieces?? I am so old I might have to break out the reading glasses to cut them that small ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:38 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

ok so first off your right, suboxone is not crap and it saved me too. I am just sick of the side effects that are still with me after 3 sober years. Especially waking up for class every morning constipated. It sucks.
So how do I cut the strip? I use a razor blade to cut the 2mg strip into 20 strips width-wise. Each piece was about 1/20th of an inch. Each day I cut those strips in half and take that half. The first 4 days of that I went back and forth between 1/20th and 1/40th if I felt a bit uneasy which I have done when adjusting to many different doses in the past. After about a week the lower dose becomes adjusted in my case. It’s that half life that you got to get past.
I think another question was how long from 1mg to 1/40th of a 2mg strip. Getting to 1mg a day was the hard part. Especially because they only made the pill back then and I had trouble cutting the same size pieces each day. If you made it to 1mg the rest should be quite simple and minimally painful. And if you feel any pain you can always take a bit more. It’s mostly mental at this point I think.
So once I got to 1Mg I stayed for about 1 month just because I was extremely busy with school. I then went to .5mg which surprisingly was absolutely painless. Then I picked a number arbitrarily. I think it was 1/5th of a 2mg strip first. Then after a week I went to 1/6. Then the next time I needed a new strip cut it into 1/8th. So pretty much I would cut it into smaller fractions each time I needed a new strip. All of these reductions were painless. If I felt anything it was on day 3 of four like clockwork. The infamous half life rule can’t ever beat it. So on day 3 or 4 I took a bit extra, maybe the dose I took the week before, just for that day. After I was settled at 1/8th I decided to jump off. I had RLS and suffered from chills the second night off. This is when I decided to take a tiny amount instead of sticking with the cold turkey. I took 1/20th that night. All w/d went away and I think my body was automatically adjusted to that dose because I went 2 days without any. The next day I took half that, 1/40th. That was last week. It took about 4 days to fully adjust to 1/40th with absolute minimal w/d. Since I seem to only feel slight anxiety. RLS and temp fluctuation at night I take my dose at around 5pm and don’t take any during the day. This makes me feel no w/d, except maybe a slight sniff or too at like 4pm before I dose. All the side effects of sub are gone. I feel as though imp off it even though I take 1/40th. This makes the rush t stop not necessary. I am just going to take it until there’s nothing more to cut. If I get sick so be it but there’s no way that will happen since it’s so damn low. It probably all in my head at this point. I will update. I will check replies at night since I work all day. Good luck and please take your time with this. Oh and clonodine works wonders. I also take an energy supp. that my doc recommended. I think it helps. It’s called bioplasma. I know sounds cool/futuristic. It’s also taken under the tongue so it feels like a sub dose. This helps me mentally sometimes when I feel like I need to take sub. I take this instead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:47 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

wow sorry about the grammatical errors there, I will proof read next time haha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:10 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

wow thanks for the info.... razor blade DUHHH :) ......................................... Right on and thanks for the inspiration