It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:43 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi. I'm new to the forum, so a quick intro. I've been on 8mg subs for nearly 3 yrs, 'recovering' heroin addict w chronic back pain, ruptured disks, stenosis, scoliosis,etc. New PM Dr switched me from subs to 10mcgs/hr Butrans w 5 mg percs & I've been miserable for a week now. The percs aren't working even tho I've triple dosed them, I'm in wd BIG TIME & about to lose my mind. How long b4 the receptors reconnect or will they? I'm certain the delivery of bupe is nowhere NEAR equal & that's why I'm in such wd. Any advice?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:37 pm 

Hey Arneta welcome to the forum!

First of all I just wanted to tell ya that I'm sorry ur having a rough time right now, I'm sure that's got to be really sucky. I'm nowhere near familiar with the information ur needing. There was a member here that had been switched from suboxone to the Butrans and I'm gonna try to find it, I can't remember which member it was. They gave a wealth of information on this topic and I'm positive it'd help u. Hopefully I can find it somehow or someone else can help me if they remember. Dr J can definitely give u some knowledge and hopefully be along soon.

I've been on suboxone for about four years and the last yr or so on 8mg like u were. I can't imagine having to change everything up due to an injury or pain issues, I really feel for u. I'll see if I can find that post for u and be bk a little later. Hope u get to feeling better though :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:27 pm 

Arneta I found it lol! I can't paste the post because I'm on my phone but I'll explain to u how to get to it, that's the best I can do right now...maybe someone else can help me and paste it here for ya.

The member is SearchingForFreedom

Go to the Introductions section, which is where we're at right now anyway. Find the thread that says Checking In.... and push the #2 and it's a post from searchingforfreedom and it explains their journey with the butrans. I hope it's the same thing ur needing information about. Maybe searchingforfreedom will see this and chat with u about it. Getting information straight from someone who's going through or been through the same thing u are is the best way to learn about it.

Hope I helped u just a little bit :)

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:47 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hello, I have some experience with butrans patch, my doc started me on 20/micrograms per hour patch after tapering down to 2mg suboxone per day. It took me about a week to stabilize at that dose. IMHO going to a 10 microgram patch might from 8 mg a day is a little quick on the taper. It only works out to about .25 mg of buprenorphine a day. Maybe you could get your doc to up to the 20 microgram patch and that would help. Good luck and hopefully your doc is willing to work with you.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:06 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey y'all, thanks so much for the responses. Jennjenn, I guess I don't quite know how to maneuver around the site bcuz altho I found searching for freedom I cdnt find the post you referred to. After being so miserable for a full week I called a friend over (I live alone) to stay with me as I'd decided to put on another patch figuring it HAD to be the decrease in bupe causing the wd. Pure magic. Within an hour or less I was immensely better. As that was Sunday (yesterday) I called the dr ofc first thing today to inform them what I had done. The dr was in a different office for the day so I have to wait now until he's done with his patients Tues to find out how much trouble I may be in. I did see where someone posted the 8mg of sub I was used to as opposed to the 10mcg per hour Butrans worked out to about .25 mg per 24 hours. Seems to me this dr obviously didn't have a clue how to have me make this switch & I find THAT far more unacceptable than me taking matters into my own hands. I'm so glad to have found this forum & really appreciate the opportunity to read other stories as well as how they relate to my own. I'll post an update once I talk to the doctor to let you know what he says. He may fire me or I may fire him all I know is I feel 90% better than when I originally posted.

Post subject: 2nd update on the switch
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:56 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey guys. Meant to post earlier in the week but got distracted. I called the doctor's office first thing Monday morning to tell him what I had done. He was in another office so I could not speak with him directly, after getting yelled at by the nurse for doing what I had done and be telling her how miserable I had been she said he would get back with me the next day. First thing the next day I got a phone call that the .20 of microgram patch has been called in for me. A little bit more improvement in how I feel but still going through withdrawals because of the way to the printer from works out in the delivery system still being so much less than what my body is used to. I have another appointment with him the 18th and I honestly feel like you asking if I'm the first patient has transferred from suboxone to Butrans. I'm still sick and I'm sick and tired! Anyway, thanks for being here and I'll let you guys know what's going on.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:30 am 

Yes, please keep us informed. I'm sorry that you're struggling.

Amy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:12 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Tx so much for your support Amy. I truly appreciate you and suboxdoc for creating this forum. Patiently waiting for the appt on Thursday; will let you know the outcome.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:43 pm 

You're very welcome and we're glad you're here!

The suboxdoc created the forum in 2008, I believe. I came on board as a member in early 2012, although I had been lurking for several months before that. I think it was the end of 2012 that I was asked to be a moderator. Rule62 has been around even longer than I have!

I feel blessed to be here helping to support and educate people. I am also in the midst of grad school, learning more about addiction.

I just wanted to let you know how to find posts by searchingforfreedom. Once you find the member you should be able to click on profile. On the profile page there are links to click on, one of which is "find user's posts". If you click on that you should be able to find all of his posts. I hope that helps!

Amy