It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 6:43 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi guys,
I've been snorting my prescribed oxymorphone (aka Opana; a VERY strong opiate) for several years. I insufflate between 120-180mgs/day. For the past year, I have been switching between suboxone and oxymorphone every month. I stay on the oxyM for two weeks, then I stop for 24 hours on a Sunday until w/d starts getting really bad (I take about 10mgs of Xanax for these 24hrs so I can put myself to sleep for the duration), and then I start taking suboxone and I stay on the subs for the remainder of the month, starting at 8mgs/day and dropping 2mgs every four days and then maybe 1mg every 3 days after that if there is time before I get my oxymorphone script again.

I'm wondering if anyone else does this and what their experience was like. Aside from some mood issues, I experience little to no w/d and my tolerance to both sub and oxyM has not changed in over a year now. What's the catch? This seems too good to be true that I can do this every month with so few problems. What will happen if I keep doing this? Am I causing problems with my brain chemistry in the long term.

Btw, i do not advocate doing this; nor so do I expect others to be able to do this. My friend for example tries to do the same thing, but he can not drop his sub dosage and this in turn raises his OxyM tolerance every month, which in turn raises his sub dosage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 12:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Is it bad if someone uses heroin on the weekends and uses the suboxone to get them through the working week?

Sure, your tolerance might be balanced. But you're not exactly working on your recovery, are you?

Just the fact you say that your using is "too good to be true" demonstrates that at this point you don't have the right attitude to get clean. You sound like someone in the early years of opiate abuse, someone who has it all worked out and hasn't experienced the inevitable nastiness.

I really doubt any regulars on this forum would call what you're doing "too good to be true".

So you can keep using in this limbo state & go nowhere fast, or be a real man and get a real habit. At least then you'll be going somewhere, even if it's down.