It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: SWEETS!!!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:34 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sooooo when I first went on subs, I noticed RITE away that I had horrible cravings for sweets, chocolate, and Juice first thing in the morning!! I think craving is a HUGE understatement.
I found these "cookies and cream" POPTARTS, that I had about 4 a day of for about 3 months!! some days thats all I ate. thankfully, I work a construction job, so I burn LOTS of calories, and Ive actually lost an average of 10lbs a month since being on suboxone.
Anyways, I saw these white fudge covered oreos in the store about a month ago,,,,,,I WAS HOOKED< and boy do I mean it. I totally gave up the poptarts even. the guys at work were all giving me so much shit, becuase all they saw me eat before that was poptarts!!!
well....now the bastards quit making them!! apparently those white fudge oreos are only "SEASONAL" holy crap what have i done??????
bought more poptarts the other day, Ive only eaten one package, adn that was becuase I HAD to have something sweet!!!!

My question,,,,,,,anyone else have this evil craving??????
lol,,,,,,,Im working lots of hours right now, but I'll be back on the forum sometime this weekend to check in and see.......
thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:16 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

ME<ME<ME I have always been a FOOD eater real food meat potatoes veggies NOW CAKES PIES POP TARTS CERREAL CHOC CHOC CHOC It is sweet cRaZy here

Mel :wink:

Post subject: nope
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:03 pm 
When I was on full-agonists I craved sweets all the time! I would actually PILE sugar on fruit, cookies, white bread, everything; Mountain Dew was my water at this time. These last years on buprenorphine it is quite the opposite, I very rarely drink soda or eat sweets at all. Today, give me a rare, rare steak, bread with butter and non-sugared milk!

-Travis

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:11 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ever since i got my very first script of painkillers, i crave chocolate non stop. And the methadone has made it even worst. And i love like the really sxspensive truffles and godivas type shit. But just plain high class milk chocolate is gavorite thr good stuff my gf says making fun of me spending that much when u can get chcolate any were.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Oh Bboy, you're my kind of person! Mmm, the best truffles are my fave too. And Godiva ....Oh my! I've always loved chocolate and thankfully it's no worse on opiates for me.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject: Sweet Tooth
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:38 pm 

Yep, me too. When on full agonists I would go crazy at dessert time. Now with Sub I still crave sweets but just not as bad. Mainly only some ice cream at night followed by maybe a couple of chocolate chip cookies.

My favorite sweet is English toffee. 31 Flavors has the best toffee around. If you buy a pound of it, it comes in one big chunk and it's really easy to over do it. Just the way they planned it. Stopped at Trader Joe's yesterday and they had a big tin of nut covered English toffee and I've completely lost it. Mmmmmm, buttery, yummie toffee......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

METHADONE + OREO MCFLURRY = NUMNUM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:58 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I feel much better knowing Im not alone on this subject!!!!!!!!!!!!
and Im sssooooo buying white fudge covered oreos from Ebay on payday!!!!

I even told my mom today thats what she could get me for christmas. ill be sitting there with a box of cookies in the corner, happy as can be, while everyone else opens gifts.......lol

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:46 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

OMG cookies and cream pop-tarts are the bomb. I though nothing would ever knock raspberry out of my top spot, but once I had one bite of a cookies and cream pop-tart I knew it was over. I could live on those things. Slightly warmed, I am almost drooling thinking about it. My favorites, in order:

1. Cookies and Cream. Not even close.
2. Raspberry
3. Blueberry
4. Hot Fudge Sundae
5. Frozen vanilla milkshake (my kids favorite - I can't explain why that is the only flavor I like frozen)

Craving sweets is pretty common when in recovery. One theory is the chocolate releases those natural endorphins that are in short supply in recovery. Maybe so, but heck it just tastes good! I had a doctor tell me once that people with addictive personalities are addicted to sugar from the first time they have sweets as a child. I might agree. I have gone long periods without sugar in the past 20 years - up to two years - but they continually call my name and eventually I succumb. I figure "so what"? Life is short and we deserve some indulgences.

Regards,
Jimmy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:58 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

amber4.14.11 wrote:
I feel much better knowing Im not alone on this subject!!!!!!!!!!!!
and Im sssooooo buying white fudge covered oreos from Ebay on payday!!!!

I even told my mom today thats what she could get me for christmas. ill be sitting there with a box of cookies in the corner, happy as can be, while everyone else opens gifts.......lol

I love those Oreos!!! What do you mean they are seasonal? I had no clue. I started putting them in my kids' lunches but they whisper to me from the pantry @ night...."Ladder, save me...." Wait, I'm not on Sub anymore. What is MY excuse?

Psst, Hat and BBoy, guess what I won @ bingo (yes, bingo). I won a lb. gift card to Sees. :D That must have been divine intervention, because they were giving out a whole lot of wine.

LT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:06 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

lol this thread is funny!

I was eating healthy for a while but now I am back on the SWEETS!

I have been LIVING on frozen ding dongs and rocky road ice cream....yum yum.

Now Im gonna go get some of those pop tarts you guys are talking about!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

YES YES GET THE POPTARTS, Make sure and get more than one box though!! lol
Im lucky, becuase Iwork construction,,,,constantly up and down stairs, carrying doors and trim, like 16 ft long and ten inches wide,,,so I sweat all day, yesterday I had cheesecake for lunch.
Im sure Id be 500 pds if I didnt work the way I do. LOL
and Im not skinny, but I know I WOULD be if I didn't eat this way. but like somebody else said,,,,,the hell wiht it, life's short and Id rather be a litle chubby, and eat all this YUMMY stuff!!!!
sometimes its like my "therapy"
and my doc and therapist know I eat this way. but my blood sugars always good, blood pressure, and the only thing the doc said last time was my good cholesterol number, he'd like a little higher.
so there you have it.
I hide in the bathrm sometimes and eat cookies becuase I don't want my son to see!! He doesnt even LIKE the poptarts. so im good there.
anyways,,,,,yes this IS a good thread. Im gonna post a poem I read last nite in a new thread about pill addiction,,,,you gotta read it