It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Greetings forum friends, I hope everyone is doing wonderful,
I have JUST discovered that somehow, I am down to HALF a mg. daily. I was at 1.25mg daily, I was dosing in the am. I started feeling withdrawl in the early evenings, so I decided to try to split my doses into 2 doses. (.75+.75) Somewhere along the way I managed to cut my dose by more than half UNKNOWINGLY! My Doctor gave me the 2mg strips (I was cutting the 8mg strips down to tiny pieces) So I guess trying to figure out how to cut those, I miscalculated and started on half a mg. I HAVE been feeling super LOW energy, withdraw`ish, tired slightly emotional, etc. I thought it was because I have been pushing myself harder than normal (physically) I have had a few icky days, but NOTHING compared to what I would expect dropping my dose in HALF all at once and at the same time dividing my normal once daily dose into 2 doses. SOOOOO I AM happy. Extatic even. I have been wondering what the heck is up w/ me but NOW I know. I am at half a mg. So is it .5 or .05? Idk, but I think I am turning the corner and I may be starting to stabelize (s/p) at this new LOW dose. GUYS it is NOT that bad, come to find out. I can only hope that I keep feeling better and better and that I can drop again (this time by only 10-25%) I may be off this stuff sooner that I thought. OH, BTW I HAVE ALSO experienced what I would call slight craving? OR Ummmm thoughts of using, but never acted upon it. So there ya have it. I may be posting in another section before long. Hope this gives others some encouraging vibes. I mean if I can manage to drop my dose w/o realising it and make it thru withoug MAJOR MAJOR symptoms, than this IS A FACT that it is MOSTLY in my head and quite possible yours too. Hope this helps... Blessings. (it could also mean that I am a dip sh*t too either way ya wanna look at it)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

sweet16 wrote:
Greetings forum friends, I hope everyone is doing wonderful,
I have JUST discovered that somehow, I am down to HALF a mg. daily. I was at 1.25mg daily, I was dosing in the am. I started feeling withdrawl in the early evenings, so I decided to try to split my doses into 2 doses. (.75+.75) Somewhere along the way I managed to cut my dose by more than half UNKNOWINGLY! My Doctor gave me the 2mg strips (I was cutting the 8mg strips down to tiny pieces) So I guess trying to figure out how to cut those, I miscalculated and started on half a mg. I HAVE been feeling super LOW energy, withdraw`ish, tired slightly emotional, etc. I thought it was because I have been pushing myself harder than normal (physically) I have had a few icky days, but NOTHING compared to what I would expect dropping my dose in HALF all at once and at the same time dividing my normal once daily dose into 2 doses. SOOOOO I AM happy. Extatic even. I have been wondering what the heck is up w/ me but NOW I know. I am at half a mg. So is it .5 or .05? Idk, but I think I am turning the corner and I may be starting to stabelize (s/p) at this new LOW dose. GUYS it is NOT that bad, come to find out. I can only hope that I keep feeling better and better and that I can drop again (this time by only 10-25%) I may be off this stuff sooner that I thought. OH, BTW I HAVE ALSO experienced what I would call slight craving? OR Ummmm thoughts of using, but never acted upon it. So there ya have it. I may be posting in another section before long. Hope this gives others some encouraging vibes. I mean if I can manage to drop my dose w/o realising it and make it thru withoug MAJOR MAJOR symptoms, than this IS A FACT that it is MOSTLY in my head and quite possible yours too. Hope this helps... Blessings. (it could also mean that I am a dip sh*t too either way ya wanna look at it)

YAY!! This does happen. The same thing happened to me. I was stuck forever at 1 mg, but once I got over that, I dropped no problem to .75, and then at some point, I cut from 1/8 to 1/16. It's so weird, but it probably means you did adjust, your hard work is paying off, and you are on the homeward stretch.

Congratulations!!! I'm really happy for you and good for you for sticking with this.

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Oh Gosh thank you so much Laddertipper, your words are so encouraging. My legs are aching right this second and I have a tiny appetite, but I am fine in spirit most especially. Did you somehow miscalculate your dose too? This happened by pure accident. I actually thought about increasing at some point, but when I realized what had happened, I decided to let it ride. I have been meaning to ask you about the "smell" you are experiencing. Can you describe this in more detail?I hope you dont mind & that it doesnt trigger anything. I am just curious because I do not seem to have this symptom. Course, if ya tell me, I may just develope it. (I am so impathic) Well anyways, Thanks again...Have a beautiful Christmas...

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

OMGosh, did you ever make me laugh with your original post!! You said something about you might be a dipshit and I about spit my Coke out all over my computer!! Thanks for the laugh sweet16.

I love your post and I firmly believe that wd is SO much in our heads, I'm 99% sure that's why my wd was so frickin' intense.....I'm OCD (No, I don't go around flickin' light switches on and off 22 times or anything like that, but I certainly do obsess over stuff).

The fact that you cut your dose so severely WHILE well under 2mg and the fact that you were basically able to convince yourself that it wasn't wd, you figured something else must be going on and that enabled you to put it out of your head and off you went!! That's awesome!!

Please be careful with those thoughts of using, take it from someone who knows.....they'll get ya in trouble. I hope to see you posting "in another section" soon and I also hope you take those "thoughts of using" as a warning and start doubling up your efforts as far as recovery goes.

From one dipshit to another, I'm real happy for you!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:09 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Haha Thanks Rome, I kinda feel like a dipshit, but happily so. I sort of tricked myself unintentionally. None the less, NOW I KNOW it is in our heads mostly. (well, a lot of us) It is a great thing to realize because if this is "all in our heads", than there must be A LOT more that is "all in our heads" too. YEAH? I am OCD as well We are in the same club and soon we will be in another same club. I will try my darnedest not to be in the relapse club however. Thank you for your REAL ass post. I like it. I mean so friggen what if I wipe my counters an extra 5 times....
Bless ya Ro.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:47 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You go girl! That's awsome! I hope I screw up and trick myself because I already know I let my thoughts make things worse. I actually think you are lucky that you miscalculated, I wish Drs would give you a placebo at the end of tapering. I know it would help me.

I remember reading about someone (on another forum I think) that was down to almost nothing but just couldn't take the plunge. They cut tiny slivers of aspirin or something and mixed it with their tiny pieces of sub. He may have been doing the liquid taper like Diary buy I can't remember for sure. Anyway he wouldn't know if he was taking the sub or the placebo. He wrote that after doing this he had no problems finishing his taper.

Keep kickin' ass Sweet 16!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:46 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey Sweet congrats on the huge reduction! Like some others I had a hard time at the 1mg mark, but to go from 1.25mg to .5mg, that's amazing! Kind of a shock to find out just how much of this is actually psychological huh! Considering the size of the jump you just made, I can understand the feelings your having, just give yourself some time to adjust to this new low dose and I think they'll subside. How long have you been at .5mg now?!?!? I gave myself 30 days between reductions, but whatever works for ya. Hang in there, you're almost There!

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:54 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Breezy-ann, Yeah I consider myself lucky I mis-calculated my dose too. I think you are spot on. If the doctors were to do this type of placebo thing on some select patients without their knowledge of course (isnt that illegal or something) it would most certainly help. Although I seriously was considering increasing my dose a tiny bit until I realised I was already down way more than I thought, so then I figured, Dang this isnt THAT bad. So then I felt SUPER great and now I am just moving right along. I am babying myself & taking it easy. Are you thinking of tapering? Funny how our minds really get a hold of us yeah? Thanks for the kidos girl.. Have a really fun holiday w/ your 4 kids & hubby. (super woman) Blessings....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:11 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Taper57, ya know I do not know the exact date, but I filled the 2mg strip script on the 2nd of Dec. I think I split my once daily dose into twice daily on Dec 7, Wednesday-ish. I am still not sure when I actually dropped in half, but I'm going with 5 days. So I am not out of the woods. I felt like crap starting Friday afternoon. Again on Sat. Sun I was comming out of the fog just slightly, but by evening when I was cutting my doses for the week, I figured out I was at .5 mg That gave me a boost of excitement. Still slightly slow this AM. I have worked the entire time and been walking & even rode my sporty Wed. & Thursday last week. Thats why I thought I had over done it by riding & walking the beach friday. I DO plan to reside here at .5 for at least 2 weeks. I really level off rather quickly in my opinion. Thanks for the kind words & info about your tapering style. I'd say your way is a really good slow taper & definitely reccommended. I am extremely hard on myself always in everything I do, so this is not uncommon for me. I will ease up a bit. I am off to deck the halls. Happy Holidays Taper57

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:22 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It is not all glory here for certain. I am pretty much wiped out physically, but I do not want to increase my dose. I am sleeping fine. My body aches are not bad. It is mere physical exhaustion and very little motivation. I am hungry, but do not have an appetite for anything in particular. Except sweets. I am at .5 nd do not plan to go down anytime soon. too damed tired. Hopefully the fog will lift and I will stabelize. HAppy Holidays.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:30 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hang in there! You've done what few could do, that was a huge jump this low in your taper. The fog and the fatigue should start to lift soon. Are you getting enough sleep, that was the hardest part for me?

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That's so cool. I always suspected that the people who expect the worst get exactly that and the people who don't even expect withdrawals suffer way less.

Good luck with your continued taper.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks Hat- I feel pretty good today. It was 5 days of dragging butt, I'm ok now. I feel pretty damn good considering. I DO think it is so much of a mental challenge. I'm lucky to have a positive mind. It takes work but worth the effort.
Taper57- I actually get pretty good sleep. I have been affected by insomnia in the past, why now I am doing great is a mystery. Today I woke up feeling a lot better. I'm running around doing errands and taking appointments. I've been juicing too. I think that is a BIG part of it for me. I get mad energy from the juicing. Plus I have found that some white noise really helps me to get a good night sleep. I have a fan running all night. It seems to lull me to sleep and blocks any noise that may occur. I'm doing good guys. Thanks for the encouragement & bless everyone this holiday season. So many of us have so much to be thankful for. I know I do & that is what I choose to focus on. Happy Holidays All!!! Peace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:22 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Sweet, I'm new to the "sub experience" and just wanted to say that your positive attitude is really inspiring. I have never tried stopping suboxone after llong term use, and have read plenty of horror stories. I think the previous posters and you hit it dead on about the w/d being mostly mental and that a positive attitude is everything.

To Breezy; would you care to explain how that guy with the aspirin taper thing worked? If he was mixing aspirin with his subs, how would there be a placebo affect?

Congrats sweet, these are the kind of posts that I love to read. Stay up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:49 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Dang it sweet, you're tough as nails!! I was SO hoping that you would hang in there and get through this big step down and you did!!! YAY YOU!!!

Ummm, when you say you're "juicing", I'm assuming that you mean you're drinking juice and not hitting the steroids? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:52 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey Sweet, been a couple of days since we've heard back. You hangin in there, your days getting any better?

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:12 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello everyone, thanks for checking in on me. I am still hanging out at .5 mg. I had a few days that I was just wiped out physically. I did the bare minimum just to get stuff I had to accomplish for work and the holidays. I am still lacking the energy I am used to having, but no real pain or insomnia. No sneezing. Maybe a little bit of yawning. Slightly and I mean slightly emotional which is rare for me. I'd have to say my biggest challenge at this point is to keep motivated and force myself not to recluse. I am still dosing .25 in the morning and .25 in the evening. I have noticed that I can wait a while after I wake up to take my morning sub when usually I wake up extra early to dose then fall back asleep so I do not wake up in withdrawl and I do not really feel the urge to take my evening dose at any specific time. I just do it as to not develop symptoms. I believe I am stabelized at .5 aside from being tired. I have had a bit of a binger with beer. By binger I mean 3 beers each night for 2 nights and 2 beers lastnight. I got pretty tipsy off that small amount and it did get me thinking about using, but I never gave in and it was just a fleeting thought (maybe 3 or 4 fleeting thoughts) I do not plan to use. I keep reminding myself what I have been going thru this all for. AND I am on a mission to pay off debt. I have the capability to do so quite fast, but if I am buying dope, I would not be paying shit except for my habit.

Rome~ I juice fruits & veggies w/ a Jack Lelane juicer. Lol...I love being a girl. Using T would defeat/deflate my personality..wink wink. As far as being tough as nails, I have been accused of that before. Sub has a way of exposing the truth and truth is, I can be a bit sappy and tear up over small things. I am hanging in there however. Tough as nails coming soon.
Taper57~ Thanks for looking out for me. Feels nice to have people rooting for me. It means a lot. Thank you kindly.

Stillprodigy~ You are going to find many positive people on the forum. It does help and I am proof of that. I have read so many great threads and still go back and reading old threads. I get a lot of laughs and also good advise. This place is the only place I can talk about what is going on in my life. Nobody understands like the people on this forum. I consider these guys my forum friends. It feels good knowing there are people that care even if we dont really know one another. I mean ya never know who another poster might be. For all I know Rome could be Robert Downey Jr. I could be Kat Von D. Breezy could be Angelina J. Taper57 could be Superman. So it here we all are stripped of our indentities shareing eachothers most intimate experiences. Nobody judges, we all just want to support eachother. For that I am thankful. I welcome you to the forum and I hope you get as much from this place as I do...
Happy Holidays everyone. Blessings
~sweet16

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:45 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Right on sweet I'm rootin' for you. I completely agree, I don't know where id be if it wasnt for this forum and the people on it. Like you said there is such an amazing community here and we all help eachother. Its refreshing to say the least. Keep up the good work!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:12 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I was on sub for 3 years and just jumped off 1.5 mg after being terrified of even dropping another 10%. I used a small amount of methadone for 4 days then through out the rest of the done (had 70 mg and only used 50mg over 4 days. Was going to do7 days). I kept one 2 mg sub just in case. Well, in case never happened. Today is over 1 week with no sub and 3 days with absolutely no opiates. NOTHING happened! I have been sweating a little bit, but I sleep awesome, feel great, and love life. I have been listening to music literally for 2 days straight. PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF YOU USE THIS METHOD. DO NOT TAKE THE METHADONE MORE THAN 7 DAYS AND EVEN GIVE THEM TO SOMEONE ELSE (you trust)TO DISPENSE TO YOU. IT CAN BE DONE!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sweet, I'm not Robert Downey Jr., I'm actually Charlie Sheen.......winning!!! Sorry, couldn't resist that one!! LOL!!

The lack of energy you're experiencing is pretty normal for people detoxing off of opiates, just remember this....all those crappy symptoms eventually go away. The belief that I would one day feel normal again was the only thing that kept me going through my wd. Some of the symptoms persisted for too dang long, but they did eventually go away and that's the important part. We get better, we really do get better.

Oh yeah, just because you can be a bit sappy and tear up over things doesn't mean you're not tough as nails. I say you're tough as nails so that means you're tough as nails!!! :D

Congratulations Subsavedme!! Jumping from 1.5mg could have been too much for some people, but it sounds like you're making it. I hear ya on the music thing, when I quit opiates I went cuckoo for cocoa-puffs over music again. It's like it was all new again?? Heck, I don't know and I don't care why I enjoy music so thoroughly again, I'm just glad I do. Music has always been an important part of my life and I'm glad it hits me right between the eyes again!!