It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Sweet16 Back on ORT
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well, I am not feeling great right now, but I ended up taking 2mg of sub this AM 9ish. I was in what I consider Full blown WD, albiet, probably not as bad as it could get, but none the less I was not willing to feel like that. :? Went back to bed after taking 2 xanax and some sleepy tea. Slept till 4:00pm took another 2mg and I am feeling human again. :) SOmewhere is the middle of this I took 1/4 of a 2mg. sub so, I am guessing I am on about just over 4 mg. THANK GOD IT WORKED this time. Last time 6 mg did me shit and I mean NOTHING AT ALL...... I will hang out at 4 mg for a few days then start to taper off MAYBE... Maybe I will hang out on sub for a little longer.. We will see. I really just under estimated heroin all together. I was reading yesterday some posts on another forum and was laughing at poor young people about trying to get off H. I was laughing at one kid BC his dad had been admiistering him naloxone and he was spitting it out so he could use. He kept trying to taper and no wheres near successfully as I was able to. He his thread open, and kept saying ok, tomorrow I gotta get serious. Ok I fucked that one up, but NOW I REALLY gotta taper. I cant miss work and I cant tell my folks bla bla.. You know. I felt horrible for him but see now, THIS H shit aint NO JOKE.. I must not have got that memo.
Anyway. I am successfully on a smaller dose of Suboxone. I tried to take that codeine cough med. in dbl dose w/ hydroxyzine, but no bueno.. No such luck, so I said to hell with that. SUB Please do me good this time. And sub did me good. My tapering did me good. THANK you all for the support. Update to follow...blessings

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:18 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Sweet,

I think ya did great!! You showed remarkable discipline in dropping your H dose, you stuck with it when I'm sure a lot of others would have cheated, you lowered your tolerance dramatically and the wd was a little too much for you, so you're on a low dose of Suboxone......sounds like a success to me!!!

I have 5 words for you, Damn Proud Of Ya!!! OK, that was 4 words, but it sounds more dramatic when I say I have 5 words for ya!!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:21 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ohh Romie, I likely could have rode out the WD for the 3 days, but boy having the sub there was just too tempting. Who does not want to fel better when feeling like smashed ass...I wish I could have tapered even more, but I tapered enough for the 4mg to curb the most of the WD. I am still feeling like poo, but I was able to change my sheets and drink a bit of coffee, eat a whole grapefruit (which BTW potentiates opiates in the body) I feel so much better after the sub. I can even go for a walk this eve. I may look for a sub doc and hang out for a few months. IDK. DOnt want to & will attempt to go 100% clean, but I will play it by ear. Next step is to find a female only NA meeting and a addiction counselor. Thank ROme for being here for me.. Ya crazy bear..I'll check in later...Blessings K

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

OMGosh, I have a new favorite saying......smashed ass!! I'm gonna drive everyone at work crazy with that one tomorrow!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:42 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Sweetie Pie,

I still think you are a Rock Star!!!! So what if your original plan didn't go 100 percent according to plan. (was that redundant?) I for one have NEVER made a plan that related to my addiction that I was able to stick to. DUH....that's why I'm here. Look what you did though...4mg for induction? That ain't bad babe. :D Seriously. The only way you could fail is to decide you aren't going to try any more. Right??? If you need to go back with ORT for awhile so be it. Do whatever you need to do to make it work. Whatever you need to do. And if anyone else doesn't like it they can shove it up their.... Oh man, I almost didn't catch myself in time. LOL.

Let us know how tomorrow goes for you!

I hope you get some MUCH NEEDED rest tonight. I am saying a little prayer for you right now.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ha ha. smashed ass. Where ever did I get this one? Probably when feeling like smashed ass after using and withdrawing no doubt BC that is what it feels like only worse. What could be worse than smashed ass? Have fun with that one Romeo & share the laughter. You are so darned funny as is.
Anyways, I took a .75 more sub as I was sweatting like a stuck pig. I will wake up tomorrow and if I feel so bad I will take a half 8 mg. right out the gate. I need to call a sub doctor and see if he/she will take me on as a patient. I choose NOT to do maintance at the moment. I will try meetings and counseling. I am already attending online meetings at "In the Rooms" I am learning what they are really about. BC I have never tried NA.
Thats all... I am off to hopefully sleep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:54 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I did not see that Qhorsegal, before replying. THANK you hun. You are so wonderful. I am not in hell and will do good. I have such will to beat the H. i am over it. I want a normal life andI WILL have it. BIG WHOOP! Sub train again. I can handle it like before. Only respect the power drugs have over me and realsie. I CAN NOT USE..anymore. I have gREAT plans for me and I WILL SUCCEED! LOve ya sister and good luck as you continue your taper. I am saying a prayer for you toight as well...

Post subject: Very Good
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:51 pm 

Hi Sweets,

You did great by being able to get down to 4 mg's of Suboxone. Now if you can just stay at that dose and not be tempted to go up you'll be okay. So in a sense you were successful. Maybe not in getting off the Bupe but instead by dropping your dose nice and low. And in the future if you want to drop to a lower dose and are having trouble, you now know how to do it. It may have been more painful but at least you did it and came up on top.

Great to hear you are back to feeling good and have stabilized on 4 mg's.

Rule

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well, I called my former suboxone doctor. I told the receptionist that I relapsed and that I wanted to know if the Doc woud consider taking me back as a suboxone patient. I have an appt at 5:45..... I am happy. I am thankful, I am going to do things differently this time. I do not forsee myself being on sub for long. 30 days hopefully no longer. I AM going to keep an open mind. I have made some connections on ITR and I will be attending meetings soon. Maybe tonight IDK. You all should go check out IN the ROOMS. It is really helpful to me anyways.
Just wanted to update you all. I have taken 6 mg of sub today. Probably take another 2 in a bit. Feeling HAPPY to have almost 2 days OFF dirty nasty H. I DID IT!!!!!! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:46 am 

Hey Sweetie, I really hope that you can capitalize on your successful H taper by being really disciplined with a sub taper as well. I think you can do it! You still have the same motivations to be off everything and you've got a good track record going. I'm glad you'll be under a doctor's care and I hope that he will work out a taper plan with you. Let us know how your appointment goes!

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:00 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey sweet16

There are a couple lines from Desiderata that I thought of when reading this....And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself......No matter the path, you are reaching the ultimate goal, to quit H.

What do you call a donkey who drinks tequila? You got it!! A smashed ass!! :lol: (thank you thank you, I'll be here all week!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:24 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

mycovery wrote:

What do you call a donkey who drinks tequila? You got it!! A smashed ass!! :lol: (thank you thank you, I'll be here all week!)

Bwahahahahaha! Oh my gosh, please warn me next time you are going to be this funny. I just laughed coffee out of my nose!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:46 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

mycovery, that smashed ass joke was superb!! *applause*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:32 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm quoting myself from your other thread:

tinydancer wrote:
However you have to get there.. it doesn't matter.. just looking forward to you getting there!

You're getting there!!! This is good stuff. You're finding the way that works for you one step at a time. Like I said above, who cares how you have to do it.. suboxone, no suboxone, massages, walks.. whatever. Just so long as you're getting off the H. That is the goal, and you my friend, are doing it! Couldn't be happier for you. Wishing you well on this lovely thursday (also known as almost friday.)

p.s. I have another meaning for smashed ass but it would involve posting pictures of a heavily bruised butt cheek from my honeymoon. Maybe another time. :lol:

Last edited by tinydancer on Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:52 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks Amy and Rule, My doctor appt went well. He was sad that I relapsed. He was understanding. He had mercy on me and just charged me for the office visit though I got a script for subox film and not generic. Not a big deal. I feel like utter shit. I took a total of 10 mg yesterday but didnt feel any better than taking the 5mg the day before, I woke uo today not wanting to take any but as I was laying in bed feeling like death once again, I decided to drop 4mg out the gate. I prayed a bit. I asked God to please send me someone BC I am alone. Something on H I enjoyed. I set myself up for this. I can not stop thinking about when I was 15. I was a terrible junky but my doc was crank. Meth. I was a hard core junky much worse than when on H. I only shot H when I was about to run out and I needed to conserve as much as possible. 1 or 2 times in the entire time I have been using H. I never liked shooting it. But at 15 I had a suggar daddy named Allen. He took me in as a kid from the street. I had NOTHING and Nowhere to go. I was alone. ALlen was my hero. He let me live with him in a house he lived in and grew weed in ther barn. I even got my own room. He made only 1 advance at me and when I told him I was not interrested he did not push. Nor did he ever try again. He was in his 40's and a terrible terrible junky, worse than I had ever seen. I was hanging around many many older ppl that were junkys. It was a drug fest. Cooks, bag bitches, white drug wenches, meth houses, you name it, I was right in the middle of it and the youngest one of the bunch. Allen, He grew weed. A LOT of it. We had a house deep in the woods in southern Oregon next to a CHristmas tree farm. We had a lot of dope. We sold it, used it, gave it for free. It was a big happy family. I let some of my runaway friends come in. Allen was happy to have girls around BC he was a hermet. Only going out to score dope and sell his prized weed. There were lots of us around. My bf ended up getting out of the pin (he was 19.) Allen let him come live with us too. I think Allen needed me as much as I needed Him. His daughter was killed in a fire while Allens father was babysitting. SO I was like his serogate daughter, I helped him heal soma past hurts and he was helping me to have a home that I wanted so despirately. So there we were. Allen taught Eric, my bff, everything he knew. We were all shooting up and living the high life. We Had money and cars, and a house that I made into a home. I was happy. I had my own family. Well one day while I was gone, the Feds came in. Previously, we had discussed that if this were to ever happen (and we must have knew it would) and I was there, I would pretend I knew nothing about the weeds or drugs. We did not want Allen to get strung up on contributing to the delinquents of a minor. ( though in reality he was) The cops knew I was there, I was a runaway and my dad was a drunk & mean son of a bitch. So when me and my friends got pulled over, which we did all the time, they called each one of my friends parents to come get them, except mine, they let me go. They knew my Dad and what life was like for me at home. My Dad told them to never call him that he did not want me back....So they let me go. Anyway when I got home after the Frd's came in, I saw only a shadow of what was once my home. Everything torn to shit. The walls, pictures off the wall & torn apart, every drawer taken from its place all the furniture turned up side down, rubber gloves everywhere, even they dug all our rigs (needles) out of the fire place where we would burn them after using them. I shared needles when I had to, but for the most part Allen had a box, a very big BOX of, idk, 50 bags of 10 needles. He would buy in bulk since we were all using them. Anyway, my home was thrashed....I saw the warrant on the table. My name was on it too. I was listed as a suspect. I do not know what would have hgappened to me if I were caught there that day, when they came in. SO there I was alone, in a house, deep in the woods of southern Oregon. There was no food, there was only drugs the stupid feds did not find.....The needles were still there. There was no electricity. So I had to build a fire everyday to keep warm for the night. By myself. There was no running water, just what was left in the holding tank and I filled up the tub. That was my water to drink, bathe in, use from, it did not last long. I grew hungry. ppl still came to buy the drugs but never took me to the store to get food. There was an apple tree. I ate all the apples till I could not reach the rest of them. I think It was spring going into summer. I ran out of fire wood, drugs and there was nothing left.......this must have been weeks that went by since Allen was busted. I never been without drugs so I crashed. I think someone brought me top ramen BC I lived off 1 top ramen a day. I slept and slept and slept. It hurt so bad to be awake so I just layed there and slept. I only got up long enough to go potty and to eat a bag of top ramen. That is IT! This went on day after day. I was stinky BC I had no way of bathing. A guy I knew came up to have sex w/ me which I would have BC I just wanted someone to love me, be w/ me. Allen was in Jail and so was my Bf. He got a PV, Parole Violation. This was a long time ago so some of the details are missing, but the thing is I was left ALONE to do this all by myself. That guy that cam e to have sex with me did not have sex w/ me. I smelled too bad so he left me alone. No body was there to help me. When the party was over I was
A L O N E.....Just like I am now. I have so many stories about living in that Walton house. One time a kitty, (which, I am a cat person thru and thru.)A kitty crawled up on the pirch in the dead of winter. Near the Holidays I think. The thing was frozen near to death. I tried best I could to save that little kitty. I wrapped it in warm towels and tried to feed it. It was too far gone, but somehow it made it up the stairs of the porch that day to try and survive. To Seek help from anything or anyone that it could. I felt so sad for that kitty. It did not make it thru the night. I gave the kitty a name "Christmas" and burried it properly the next day. Today I have 3 kittys and I volunteer for a kitty rescue.
So back to here and now. I feel alone just like when i was a little girl at 15. I was near dealth no doubt, when I went to my BF sisters house and stayed with them. They were all using and on my 16 birthday I wanted to NOT use. I wanted to stop and sleep. I was scared. I felt like I was dying. I looked at my hand and it was getting skinnier and skinnier before my eyes, so I thought. I was tore up. Bruises all over my arms. I was sick, Mal nourished. I wanted to sleep. BUT MY sister in law, well, my bf sister talked me into using with her what we had left. She did not want to use alone and be uo while everyone else was alseep, so, against my desire, I used again on my 16 birthday, I ate speghetti, I recieved a gift in the mail with a gift card, so we went and I biught a pack of gum with the gift card and they gave me the balance in cash. This was over 20 years ago and they did not have a way to keep a balance on a gift card, Anyway I am sad that I am alone right now even though I really do not know who I would want by my side right now. Maybe my daughter, but she now lives in oregon w/ her grandmother and I could never tell her her mom is a heroin addict. That would crush her. It crushes me too, because I have come so far from when I was a junky at 16. I have a family, a business helping others to heal, I am the picture of strength to all my friends and family. I drive a beautiful Avalanche, I live in a resort beach town 1/4 mile from the ocean. I even have diamonds implanted in my teeth...lol....I DID IT ALONE! NOBODY helped me. I allow everyone to lean on me. I am the tower, I am the strength. Even today, my bff needs me BC her mom is in town and she works from home, but her mom does not like her work, hypnotist, psychic healer, ect, so I allow her to use MY beautiful office I worked SO HARD to build.All by myself....but now, today, I am not strong. I am so alone and sick, I am depressed and feel like I could loose everything. So fast, just like that! I do have my 3 kittys and they all know something is wrong with me. One, Mister kitty, was nudging my head as I lay on the floor next to the heater. One, Vicious, a big fat baby, 30 lbs of kitty, took a little love nibble of my finger, something he only does to gently wake me up in the mornings. The baby kitty, BooBoo, keeps coming to check on me licking the sweat off my chest. Thank GOD for my kittys. Maybe one of them has the spirit of my sweet Christmas kitty.
I took 4 mg of sub this Am, not really wanting to. I still feel down, but hey I am 3 days clean off heroin. I know I put myself here and I am ready to keep up a good fight, push myself, by myself. I will do my best to attend the AA/NA meeting tonight I was invited to. I do need support and NOBODY in my circle even has a clue of what it is to be an addict. Even after I told them, I was attempting to get clean, nobody has even checked on me in 3 days. BUT when they need something you best believe I will be the first place they look.

Post subject: THANK YOU SO MUCH
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:59 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

OMG! You guys made my day. As miserable I am you each made me laugh my smashed ass right off.!!!! LOL LOL LOL LOL.....TOO FUNNY! I love you guys! I needed this!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:53 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I know you're not looking for sympathy, Sweet, but oh my gosh! I am so sorry for that young girl in the house alone. I'm so sorry that addiction is even a friggin WoRd!!! But look at where you've brought that young girl....you are a strong, successful woman with the world at your feet! You will get through this! It's crazy that I don't even know you but I can see your determination in your writing.

You gotta take the highs with the lows and be gentle with yourself. You can do this! One step at a time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Myrecovery, thank you for understanding that I just needed to get this (and a few other things I am sure) off my head for a sec. It is strange bc what triggered the memories is that I am stinking right now. Not because I do not have a bath but bc I am detoxing and it reminds me of the way I smelled that day and many other days as a kid before I ever met Allen. I heard from a friend of a friend and I do not know if it is true or not, but that my Allen ended up on the street an addict sucking d**k for the next hit. I can not believe this, We did stay in touch till I lived with him and his new wife till I was 19 then I moved to Alaska to start a new life...and I did...and weve never been in touch since. I know many many ppl that have died from my past. I am certain allen is dead too. He ended up having kids and I found one on facebook and contacted her. She never responded. I felt bad bc I am sure those poor kids had a rough life. Their mama a heroin addict and their daddy a junky...IDK I guess it is all in the past now. My goal is NOT to seek pitty. I want to heal my heavy heart. This must be the reason I have been having this issue surrounding drugs. The painful memories and being unable to fix my wrongs in the past. It is so sad BC I have my own kids now and I have let my past influence the way I raised my kids. I am sure they will suffer their own kind of hell I just pray to god that they never do what I have done.
I am so happy to know that I touched you in a way that has made you look at your own recovery in a different light. Please share your thought with me if you can or if you wish. I believe we are here to heal one another and I seriously doubt anyone who has not walked a mile in my (our) shoes has any idea of the suffering and pain we go thru every day. I mean hey I am not stupid. It could always be worse. I could have to walk miles just for a clean drink of water, but I am blessed in so many ways.. I just need to open my eyes and see all the goodness that surrounds me now.
ANyways myrecovery, thank you so much. You helped me today & I am grateful...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Oh Sweet, it is so hard to read this. Although I don't know exactly how you feel I can totally imagine myself in the place you are without someone to walk through this with you. It is a hard thing. The only thing I know to do you have already done. I am a believer that prayer and a relationship with God changes things for the better. And from what I can gather from our few conversations I think you also believe this. You are not alone Sweet. He may not always answer in the time or the way we want Him to, but He will answer. I believe that there is a purpose for what we have been through. I have to believe that, and I believe that the bible backs up how I feel. The other day I read this:

James 1:2 - Count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.

(John MacArthur commentary explains further - he says a trial is translated as trouble, or anything that breaks the pattern of peace, comfort, joy and happiness in someones life. The verb form of the word means "to put someone or something to the test". God brings such tests to prove - and increase - the strength and quality of ones faith and to demonstrate its validity. We are being asked to make a conscious commitment to face them with joy.)

James 1:3-4 - Knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.

(again MacArthur says, Through tests, a Christian will learn to withstand tenaciously the pressure of a trial until God removes it at His appointed time and even cherish the benefit.)

This is so comforting to me! This means that my trial (and yours) was given to me to bring me closer to God. I know it doesn't seem this way to some, but I know that I will learn something about myself through this that I desperately needed to learn. How to depend on God when I need something more...it's that simple. I have always ran to drugs when I felt...whatever I was feeling that was uncomfortable. But God wants me to learn to depend on him for comfort and not other substances. For me I know that He had to bring me to this place of despair before I would see it. And even though I failed miserably in my trial, He still loves me and shows me his grace every day. It is only his grace that kept me from spiraling even further into darkness.

Some other verses which have brought me great comfort are these-

Psalm 37:24 - Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the Lord upholdeth him with his hand.

Psalm 22:24 - For he hath not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted one; neither hath he hid his face from him; but when he cried unto him, he heard.

Lamentations 3:31-33 - For men are not cast off by the Lord forever. Though he brings grief, he will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love. For he does not willingly bring affliction or grief to the children of men.

I hope this has encouraged you a little bit. This is what has helped me for the past year, and I know of nothing more powerful than the Gospel of Christ to heal a wounded spirit.

Keep your chin up girl...

-Jen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I've got a song quote for you.. comin' right up! It's one of my favorites and reading your story reminded me of it.

I'll roam my wild kingdom
with this dirt beneath my nails
I may keep my secrets
but I'll tell you my tales

Darlin' I've been dreaming
Hear me singing from my soul
Put your hand upon my sorrow
May they be gone
May our sorrows be gone

ETA: Hahahaha! Just saw above.. Guess I'm not the only one with a quote. LOL