It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well ok, here I am. @2mg for the past 1 week or so. I had just a slight bit of discomfort after about the second day. My legs and feet & lower back hurt A LOT! I took hot epsom salt baths & it helped so much. I have been really cranky. (more than usual) I have a major lack of motivation and nearly NO enthusiasm for anything. I am lazy lazy lazy... Definitely not my usual self. I am coming around though. I have been working on a project at my office. I am replacing the carpet in one of the rooms with linoleum so I can use that space as a treatment room. I will then (hopefully) rent my previous treatment room & make my rent payments more managable and lighten my workload some. That's the idea anyway. In this economy, people in my field seem to be working at their homes or at clients homes to reduce their overhead. My fingers are crossed & I hope to get a good person to share my space.
I have been sneezing quite a bit. I do not mind at all. I actually like the feeling of sneezing. Am I a weirdo? I have always enjoyed a good sneeze now and again. It releases so much tension and it is like a mini "O" in my nose..lol. So far it has not been annoying. I think I will stay at 2 mg. for another week. I have a date on Sat. and I do not want to be a drag. Since I have been on sub, I have not had much drive in the relationship department. I know it is a good thing. I really need to focus my attention on my recovery and not my sex life. I can say that the lower I go on my medication the more of my old self is coming back to life. THANK GOD! I am going to be 40 soon and I was hoping and praying that it dosent mean the end of my pleasures too. I mean if I am clean and sober I dont want to be celibate too. What kind of life would that be. Anyway, I know now, all is good in that dept.
I just wanted to give an update and continue to journal my progress. No pressure to comment , but any and all is more than welcome. Thank you all for being here and many blessings to ya. Hope everyones Halloween was great...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I have never heard of sneezing being described as a mini "O" in your nose, that is FUNNY!! Thanks for the laugh!!

Now that you're at a real low dose of Suboxone, you're gonna want to make your drops around 10% or so. If you keep your drop low, your wd symptoms should be minimized. I would certainly recommend no drop be larger than 25%.

The symptoms you describe are classic opiate wd. The achy legs, lack of energy and crankiness are all completely normal. As you stabilize at 2mg, these symptoms should subside.

You said, " I mean if I am clean and sober I dont want to be celibate too. What kind of life would that be." I used to tell people that I did NOT quit drugs to be miserable, I quit drugs to be happy and full of life again.....it took a while, but am I ever glad I stuck with it because I feel pretty damn good again AND it's drug free!!

Hope you have fun on your date!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:05 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

sweet16 wrote:
I have been sneezing quite a bit. I do not mind at all. I actually like the feeling of sneezing. Am I a weirdo? I have always enjoyed a good sneeze now and again. It releases so much tension and it is like a mini "O" in my nose..lol.

I was about to say, I love the feeling of sneezing as well. There's something real cathartic about it. I remember the sneezing in detox, for me, usually came when the other symptoms were peaking, and starting to get better. It was as if my body needed to "sneeze out" the dregs of buprenorphine in my body.

You will likely still get the occasional detox sneeze even a couple of months later. Lucky you!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:27 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

tearj3rker wrote:
sweet16 wrote:
I have been sneezing quite a bit. I do not mind at all. I actually like the feeling of sneezing. Am I a weirdo? I have always enjoyed a good sneeze now and again. It releases so much tension and it is like a mini "O" in my nose..lol.

I was about to say, I love the feeling of sneezing as well. There's something real cathartic about it. I remember the sneezing in detox, for me, usually came when the other symptoms were peaking, and starting to get better. It was as if my body needed to "sneeze out" the dregs of buprenorphine in my body.

You will likely still get the occasional detox sneeze even a couple of months later. Lucky you!

sneezing for me were always followed by goose bumps. It also was a sign that the sub is finally leaving my system and that the worst is over. I did relapse about 6 months ago so now back on 8mg of Suboxone. I taper really well and will be on 2mg in a week or so and then quit, sneeze a few days, and be back to normal. God bless Suboxone!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well turns out that I got a head/sinus cold and that is why the sneezing. Man, I had a slight tension headache for 3 days. Luckily, I do not take over the counter cold meds. I like the home remedies & they seems to work faster for me. I always felt like the pharm. companies wanted to keep you sicker for longer so you would keep buying their meds to mask the symptoms. Even though they are really designed to prolong your illness by hampering with your immune system. (just my theory) Anyway, I take raw honey + turmeric, in = parts, mix them together to form a paste & and take a tablespoon a few times a day. (i keep some on hand always) That is it. Cold gone on day 3.
I am still at 2 mg. I feel stable although I wake up feeling just so so. I wonder if I am ok to taper 10% starting tomorrow. it has been a full 2 weeks on this dose. I only had pain, cold sweats and serious crankiness for a week, (then the head cold) No symptoms currently to speak of. I think I am ready. I really want to go down 25%, but my head is telling me to take it slowly. So, slow I go. If I am ok after day 5, I will go another 10%.
I have been getting a bit naseous several hours after I dose. Like I get when I take painkillers (not my DOC) I am wondering if this is the effect of suboxone at this lower dose. I read where you guys say that it acts like a full agonist at lower doses.
I am for SURE liking being on the lower doses. I am really getting my MOJO back "full force". Dang all those booty calls I kicked to the curb a couple months ago are gonna be happy campers. Although, I plan to find new and improved ones as I have changed my MO since being in recovery. I think I deserve more than what I have been accepting. Ask and you shall recieve is my moto and ever since I have been asking the universe for specifics, I have indeed been getting them. Im a believer.
Well guess nothing else to report. I do hope everyone had a great weekend and that their needs have been met and goals are colser to being reached. You are all worth it. Many many Blessings.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:14 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey sweet,

I would encourage you to stick with a 10% drop, you really do NOT want to feel your decrease in dose, or if you do feel it, you want it to be minimal. This will help build up your confidence in the taper process and it'll make your eventual jump off of Suboxone that much easier, IMO.

I always like reading your posts, you seem to have such a great attitude and some of the stuff you say makes me laugh. BTW, I don't know you, but I'm gonna say this anyway, you do deserve better than what you were accepting.....not just with men, but from life in general.

Keep up the great work!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:11 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hey guys!
Rome- FOR sure I will oNLY do a 10% drop. I was gonna drop today, but I am not feeling great in the morning. I think I will do what one of the gals metioned (breezy? maybe Hat? maybe lil.) Wake up early then dose, go back to sleep then wake up normal time. I run out of steam in the evening though. I am like a mad person the way I hussle all day long. I may need to take a step back and be easier on myself. I just keep super busy b/c in the past when i got bored, thats when trouble started. I am gonna make up my dose tonight so it is ready for me in the morning. I DO know I deserve way better out of life. It IS up to me to get it. Being on sub has allowed me to take a good look at myself. I have been working on my stuff. It will come together. I have faith. So thank you, even though you dont know me. It means a lot (cuz I know its true)
tearj3rker- lol, nothing like a good sneeze. Even better now, knowing that more sub goes away each time. I will visualize this happening.
I am sorry about your relaps sub2080. Sounds like you got a handle on it though. How do you taper so quicklly? If you do not mind me asking? Do you just suck it up and do it? Or do you have an ancient chineese secret?
My, has this been an experience. I am glad that I am learning my lesson finally. I know that I am happiest when I am free from addiction. So I will keep this in my head when the going gets tough. I hope all of you have a good evening and thank you so much for the support..

Post subject: sneeze-asm
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:22 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Well sweet, if nothing else, you have me thinking of a new word "sneeze-asm" for the nose "O" ;) thanks for the chance to be a little creative with my foggy brain. :wink: Anyway, as the others already said, your posts are great, and glad you're doing well on the slow taper. Can't wait to do that soon too.
Anita. aaaachhhhooooo!!! now that was a good sneeze.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Anita that is hillarious! I am glad that I can lighten up the forum with my mini "O's". Isnt it funny how one little thing can become a topic wheere everyone can relate. I love it!
I have to say, the idea that one of the ladies on here suggested to me. Waking up early and taking my meds then going back to sleep REALLY WORKED! WOW! What an amazing difference. I woke up early and took my prepared strip, put it under my tongue, and fell back asleep. I woke up, it was still there although, melted and very concentrated. I felt great upon getting out of bed I think I decreassed my dose a mere 5% today.( I have been on 2mg for 2 weeks aprox) I devided my 8 mg. strip into 4- 2mg pieces, then folded one of the 2mg pieces into quarters and cut one half of a quarter off. I think that is 1/5.Math is not my strong area, but I believe this is the outcome. I will certainly go to my doctor and ask him to perscribe 2mg strips. It will be much easier to get to a low dose. I think I got high from the damn thing b/c I usually just leave my dose in for 15 min. MAX then spit & immediately have a cup of jo. I'm not really digging the high feeling.
So this is my first on 1.95. I will go down another 5% in a week if I have no huge issues. I am on my way guys! Thanks for the support. It is absolutely imperative..Thanks agin