It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: SWEATS-DRENCHING!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:16 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I saw this topic somewhere on the forum but I can't find it now. Does Sub cause profuse sweating? I experience it shortly after taking it, then for the rest of the day it tapers off, then appears again after I take another dose and lasts through the night to the point where I have to change the sheets and my PJs because they're soaked!

As it begins my body heats up uncomfortably, skin gets clammy, then I break into a dripping sweat. It's hard to work and stay in the same clothes all day!

Post subject: Sweating
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well, I know that getting OFF Sub certainly causes sweating. :D

I also think that, yes, Suboxone can cause sweating. First of all, many people suffer from that side effect. Second of all, sweating is one of the listed side effects of Naloxone. Naloxone enters and leaves your body pretty fast, so that may explain why you sweat the most soon after taking it. I'm tapering and am low on Sub, and part of that is getting messed up body temps and clammy sweats and all that. Also, I've noticed that very soon after I take my little puny dose of Sub, I get a surge in the sweats and then everything calms down. Having so little in my system makes it very obvious what it does when I take it, and it absolutely makes me get a little sweaty...thankfully, not that bad. A couple of my friends have had the drenching-the-sheets thing.

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You're right, we've discussed this a few times before and it is a side effect. I experience what I call hot flashes, but nothing right after I dose (I take 8 mg twice a day). For me it's at night, when shopping, and other odd moments. And it's always just around the head and neck - nowhere else on my body. It's a pain in the ass, that's for sure!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

My sweats seemed to occur mostly at night. I mean my pillow would be soaked and my bed would definitely be damp. The soaked pillow got to be so damn gross that I had a 'standby' pillow ready to go at the end of the bed. I would switch them up nightly.

Well, I say the sweats would happen mostly at night, but in the summer time if I go outside and do even the most slight of strenuous activity I would sweat like mad. Again, mostly sweating from my head, forehead to be exact.