It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:31 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

From reading posts on here, I thought u are suppose to put the film under your tongue, paint it around, keep saliva in your mouth for 20mins or so and then spit everything out to avoid head/stomach aches?
Can someone PLEAE tell me if this is correct? or am I just wasting some of the dose and that's y I feel so shitty still :(

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:08 pm 

Hi Snowwhite,

Most people swallow their saliva and others prefer to spit it out. The small amount of Naloxone in the Suboxone is almost nothing so don't worry about swallowing it.

We have discussed painting the mouth with it but I don't. Some want better absorption and will do everything and anything to get the most out of their dose. Not me. I just let it dissolve and forget about it. Here is a link from this section regarding how others take it:

http://www.suboxforum.com/how-long-wait-before-swallow-t3222.html

Sorry you still feel lousy.

r

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:12 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

If you find the Naloxone gives you headaches, it is best to spit the saliva out. Buprenorphine is the sublingually active ingredient in Suboxone and is absorbed via mucous membranes in the mouth. Once the bupe has been absorbed (holding it in the mouth for 20 minutes is sufficient), no medication will be lost by spitting the saliva solution out, as by the time your film or pill is absorbed, all the saliva contains is a small amount of Naloxone.

Naloxone has been proven in most patients to show negligible absorption sublingually and there is no harm in spitting it out – spitting affects neither your dosing nor your recovery. Spitting is often recommended if you otherwise experience headaches after dosing, which I do.

(I also get sick from Subutex however so taking Suboxone and spitting after absorption works best for me. Everyone is different though.)

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:57 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

thank you both for your response. I do keep the film in my mouth for atleast 20mins and then spit out the saliva. last thing I need is more headaches! I already have headaches on a daily basis from my neck injuries.

thanks again :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:06 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I spit mine out as often as possible.Also if I dose before breakfast my hunger fades so I try to eat before dosing and if I have to swallow,it's not as severe.Vitamins do the same thing if I take my daily vitamins without eating my stomach rolls and even ears can start to ring.

If I can not spit it out,drinking a full glass of water can do wonders.Simple as a glass of water sounds I myself have a hard time believing but it does work.