It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:44 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Ok!! I made it!!! No more Oxycontin!! I'm freeeee!! haha ok well kinda now subs but that's a start... Wednesday I had my Induction..Tues was living hell I don't remember even driving to my Doc (Eek) I had all sort of my fav pills in the house but didnt touch em!! My want for soberity is finally over powering my addiction!! Made it all tues up all night and got to my appt on time at 9am the doc gave me half a sub in the office half to take home and a script for "Subutex" seeing thats what I prefered. 2 mg 4 xday (which seems NUTS) Anyways..I felt ok weird kinda like in a daze almost like I was getting over the flu :/ But no real bad WD symtoms so all was ok.

I went to my local Pharmacy to fill my script for the subutex and they didint have it in stock so they sent me bout 5 miles away saying this Pharm had it.Well I got there and they could fill the script cuz my doc forgot to date it!!! Had to call the doc who called the pharm and cleared up the mistake...ugh so frustrating!! So I wait another 15-20 min still feelin foggy... kinda achy.Pharm tech calls me up "Um Miss,I have bad news" I only have 8mg" So I said can u call other pharmacys? she did. at least the closest 10!!! Nobody friggen had it! Meanwhile I'm calling my doc to see if I can get the 8's and friggen cut them up OR WHATEVER an hour has past and I just want to fill this and head home.She finally calls the pharmacy and says she wants to switch to suboxone which is fine I guess I dunno seems easier to get.So I have the suboxone and I'm on 2mg like I said 4 x's a day which is just ridiculous!!! I don't want to be taking this 4x's a day!! Waaaay to much time there wasted! Am I ok takin it 2 subs morn and 2 at night? I'm going to have to ask the doc cuz this dosing schedule sucks big time!!

Back to the way I feel...I dunno how to explain.I feel like foggy still.No withdrwls but just not myself. Maybe I dunno what myself feels like or what?! I was so damn high on oxy I forgot what me felt like? How long will I feel like this.. foggy? Numb? I'm also a lil achy in the joints..My knees and stuff.Headaches and I'm not tired AT ALL! Maybe my body just has to get used to it? It's been 3 goin on 4 days. All that really matters is I'm back to being the mom I should be to my little boy! He deserves the best mom he could have and I want to be that!! I feel so damn blessed I never got in trouble or died for christ sake (no offence)! I'm coming out of this slowly but surly! I just kinda wanted to update you all..This is really my only support sysem I have so far.So all your opinions and suggestions are very valuable to me! Do you think I'm at the right dose? Should I ask Doc for 4mg subs so I can just take twice a day? Do they have 4mg? Lol tons of questions told you! Anyway off to bed gonna try and sleep..Hope to get some feedback soon!! Thanks guys hope all is well with you and yours!! xxx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:44 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It's good to hear you are ok. I would suggest telling the doc you would like the 8mg pills and you can just halve them dosing 2x per day. I am not sure if you are on a high enough dose, but I suppose that depends on how you feel. The fogginess in my opinion is typical the first week or so and then goes away. But that too requires the correct dose. Work with your doctor and I think you will be alright. Good luck and congrats! It gets better every day.

Cherie

- Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:00 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Jackcrack is right - that fogginess should subside soon. I also see no reason why you can't dose twice a day. Eventually you should end up with once daily dosing. It's hard to say if your dose is right or not. It depends on your history. Also, I'm curious, are you pupils small or large? If they are still large then that would tell me that you need a higher dose. (Residual withdrawals remaining.) My pupils have stayed quite small from the sub for coming up on 2 years.

Are you saying you are still having trouble sleeping? If so, you might want to not dose so close to bedtime. Aside from the fogginess, are you feeling better...more "normal"?

Congratulations on your new addiction remission. Let us know if you have more questions. We're here for you. Take care.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: hello
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:03 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm Queenie, first of all congrats on choosing to be a mom to your baby. Wonderful. I want to be the best grandmother I can be, so here we are on Suboxone. I have been on subs off and on for a year. Lately 3 and a half months straight. 8 mgs. in the a.m and 12 in the pm. I don't know how doctors determine how much. All I know is I don't get sick or have to worry where my next pill is going to come from.

I guess the doc will adjust your dose. Mine was adjusted twice. The last adjustment is the one I felt best at.

There are a lot of really good people here and I am so lucky to have found this site. They will support you through good and bad times. I feel they are my friends, really. Addiction is a lonely thing but I don't feel lonely anymore. I know my friends are here to comfort me.

Hope you have a good day and write to me whenever you want. I am here.

Love, queenie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:15 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

First off thanks to everyone who replied! Yes hatmaker I'm having trouble sleeping!! I'm not tired at all and when I do try to sleep it's like my mind is playing tricks on me! This sounds nuts but trust me I'm not crazy..That make me sound even worse lmao!! I'm hearing sounds,havings jolts waking me up.This has only happend once last night never during day..I dosed at 830 and went to bed around 12. God I sound nuts but maybe someone knows what I'm taking about :oops: . It's this darn schedule!! 4x a day is not workin 4 me.I called doc this morn and I'm waiting for a return call.So we shall see.Ya i would say I'm starting to feel "normal" my pupils are small. Not pinpoint like when I was using but preety small.Just curious hat and everyone how do u dose? I take mine under tounge for 10-15 mins till it disolves (trying not to swallow but I do :/ ) seems like everyone on here leaves it in for waaaay longer than I do.I want to do it right and get max absorbtion ya know? Thats why I would rather dose 2x a day seeing as thats gonna take up 4 hrs of my day. I can't be silent to long I have a little boy who needs my attn so I try and dose while he is at school and then bedtime but now I'm coincidering changing to earlier dose cuz those side effets kinda freaked me a little...

hatmaker510 wrote:
Jackcrack is right - that fogginess should subside soon. I also see no reason why you can't dose twice a day. Eventually you should end up with once daily dosing. It's hard to say if your dose is right or not. It depends on your history. Also, I'm curious, are you pupils small or large? If they are still large then that would tell me that you need a higher dose. (Residual withdrawals remaining.) My pupils have stayed quite small from the sub for coming up on 2 years.

Are you saying you are still having trouble sleeping? If so, you might want to not dose so close to bedtime. Aside from the fogginess, are you feeling better...more "normal"?

Congratulations on your new addiction remission. Let us know if you have more questions. We're here for you. Take care.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I dose two to three times daily because I also take it for pain. I don't hold it in my mouth for as long as others do either (up to 45 min!)...I can only hold it for less than 10 minutes. Just can't do it... Once your stabilized on a dose your doc may put you on the film/strips (or you could ask for them). They dissolve in a matter of minutes - like REALLY, REALLY FAST. For people that don't have to time to dick around with it, it's helpful and saves time.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:04 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Dear Miss SD,

I don't know a whole lot about dosing but if you read through here you will see that the doses and frequencies run the gamut! Like Hatmaker, I take the Sub for chronic pain as well as opiate dependence, and I too take 8 mg 3 X daily. I find that I am unable to hold it for any longer than 15 minutes at the most, but it seems to work for me. Everyone says the film absorbs better and faster and although I am afraid to change, I am considering trying it the next time I see my doctor.

My boys were 4 & 6 when I first got sober and I managed to stay sober for almost 8 years. I resolved to be there for them in every way, and thank goodness, I was able to make good on that promise to myself. Today they are grown men and are happy and not wealthy, but successful, self-directing, and well adjusted. I am so grateful for this!

Congratulations to you for what you have done for yourself. Hang in there, it is hard at first but if you stick with it and work with your doctor, you will soon feel stable. It takes a little trial and error, I think, as we are all different.

Sincerely,
~Rossma

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:05 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Congratulations on taking your life back!! :) I have 2 children a 7 year old boy and a 10 year old girl kids are great :lol:

I dose 2 times a day once in the am on my way to work about 8ish and again on my way home from work at 5ish. 3mgs for each dose, but even when I was taking 20mgs I dosed at the same times as I do now. Under my tongue it takes about 10-15 minutes sometimes less if i'm in a hurry I kinda crush it with my tongue but I feel like I losse some when I do that? I take subs for addiction only.

I had trouble sleeping when I started taking subs and found by taking them before 6pm I slept much better! As far as the foggyness It should subside soon I don't remember having much of it but I have read that its very common. Having a young boy I can see how dosing 4 times a day would suck I would just ask your Dr. if you could try 2 for now. They don't make 4mg subs only 8mgs and 2 mgs but you could get the 8mgs and break them in 1/2 thats what I do. I am hoping to get the strips on Wendnesday when I have my Dr.'s appointment.

Good luck, keep up the good work, and congrats again!!!!!!!!!! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:50 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi, And welcome! Yeah, they dont make a 4mg sub,but as the others said ,u should prob. try to get the 8mg's and half them. Or possibly take 8mg in the am , and 8 in the pm if u are still not feeling good.Personally 4mg dont do it for me . I take 8 mg in the morning , and sometimes 4mg after work. I recently switched to the film strips and they dissolve much quicker and seem a little more potent. Probably bcause they absorb better. But anyway,congrats on ur new found freedom,and keep up the good work!