It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:51 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I have to apologize for dropping off the planet for so long; besides finals for school, I've been battling a little bit of depression. No worries, just a little. :0
For all of you that remember the survey I was going to post, well I finally did it. I built a site at http://lifeafteraddiction-suboxone.webs.com/
I was going to post the survey right here, but I figured if it had it's own site, then we could collect more data from more people. So, please, go and take the survey and let me know if you have any ideas on how to make it better.
Thank you all again for encouraging me to do this.
Jenny

Post subject: Suboxone & mood
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:10 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey all,
Suboxone effecting mood is a very important topic, especially since there are no published studies on "if" Suboxone does effect mood. Additionally, there are many of us who once were greatly affected by symptoms of bipolar and since being on Suboxone our bipolar manic highs & even our depressive lows are no longer controlling our lives. It appears as though the Suboxone is doing much more than helping with our recovery; its helping with eliminating bipolar symptoms too.
I have created a website for a Suboxone survey. I need as many people taking Suboxone to help me get this data in order to prove scientifically that in deed the Suboxone is helping with bipolar symptoms. Additionally, we all know while it may help with recovery & bipolar symptoms, Suboxone also causes a slight anti-social feeling. You know, the fact that we'd rather stay at home than go into public & our motivation being a bit on the low side. Well, if we can get this information proven with enough people taking the survey, then maybe we can get Suboxone with an additive for motivation.
Please, go to my site & to the Blog part, & answer the survey questions in a comment. Number each answer according to the question.
Thank you all. We need as many people to participate as possible for it to be regarded as valid data & to get published.
Jennyloveschet

http://lifeafteraddiction-suboxone.webs.com/

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:24 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I couldn't help but notice just two people took the survey. I urge you all to please assist me in taking part in this ground breaking research! It literally just takes a few minutes. If enough of you take the survey, then it can be regarded as scientific proof, and the survey can be published on http://www.samhsa.gov/
In my initial post regarding the survey there were many of you who genuinely seemed interested in taking it; so I am a bit surprised to have such little activity on the site.
This is very important to me and it can be beneficial to many people diagnosed with bipolar. Without studies no one will know the benefits of Suboxone on bipolar symptoms.
Thank you all and please don't be shy.
Jenny

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:39 pm 

How do I get to it???? Jenn....? Im willing

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:45 pm 

razor, the link is embedded in her fourth line. Click on that and it should take you to it. If not, well, she'll need to fix it.

Jenny, I merged your other threads into this one. We don't need three subjects saying the same thing. All you need to do is add your comments to this thread and it'll bring it back up top as active.

Keep in mind that there might just not be too many people here who qualify for your survey. I hope you get the results you're looking for. It is surely a worthy cause and will benefit the recovery field.

Just keep bumping this topic by posting to it often. More people will see it then.

rule

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

rule62 wrote:
razor, the link is embedded in her fourth line. Click on that and it should take you to it. If not, well, she'll need to fix it.

Jenny, I merged your other threads into this one
. We don't need three subjects saying the same thing. All you need to do is add your comments to this thread and it'll bring it back up top as active.

Keep in mind that there might just not be too many people here who qualify for your survey. I hope you get the results you're looking for. It is surely a worthy cause and will benefit the recovery field.

Just keep bumping this topic by posting to it often. More people will see it then.

rule

Hi Razor. There is another one, that's way old (relatively speaking), with some comments (including mine). I stumbled upon it while doing a site search and is probably why I saw it before knowing this one had been started: upcoming-survey-how-suboxone-affects-mood-disorders-t10026.html

I don't know if you think it should be also merged or not, but thought I would bring it to your attention, none-the-less.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I just read all of the intro in the link to the survey, and I dont mean to seem like I'm being critical or anything because I think anything that may shed light on opiate addiction and it's treatment is very important w ork indeed, but some of the information given in the introduction about subutex and Suboxone is not quite correct. I am only making this post so that anyone who may read that information will have accurate info about subutex ( bupe only) and not think that by taking it that they aren't serious about recovery or might as well still be using as some of the information on your website states. For many uninsured patients, mono product buprenorphine is more cost effective and works just as well as Suboxone, works the same way actually.

Taking plain buprenorphine without the naloxone serves the same purpose as taking the preparation that contains naloxone, and is not the equivalent of continuing to use dope. naloxone is only added to bupe to deter iv abuse of the drug. naloxone is absorbed poorly through the mucus membranes in the mouth and the small amount swallowed is destroyed by the liver, therefore doesn't have any clinically significant effect on the blocking or anti craving mechanism of Suboxone . many people, even some doctors make the mistake of thinking that the naloxone is what blocks the high if one uses opioids while on Suboxone, but it's actually the buprenorphine itself that creates the blockade by binding so tightly to the opiate receptors that other opiates used cannot compete with the bupe. however if one uses Suboxone or subutex ( mono product buprenorphine) without waiting long enough after last use of their opiate of choice, without being in significant withdrawal, the buprenorphine, not the naloxone, can actually precipitate the opiate withdrawal syndrome in a process called precipitated withdrawal, however precipitated withdrawal does not result from using opiates after using Suboxone. using after taking buprenorphine results in a lack of an opiate effect or a lack of a "high".

http://www.suboxonetalkzone.com/is-subo ... enorphine/

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:35 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Anyone actually qualifies to take to survey, as long they take Suboxone. Being bipolar is only a part of the survey.
The intro to the site is true for me, and many others I have spoken with. Online sites that are public are opinions of the sites creator. Additionally, my remarks are due to being able to still use other opiates and even still being able to overdose if one takes Subutex. Even mainlining is possible with Subutex. The truth is, Suboxone is THE ONLY relapse prevention medication that has a ceiling and the additive naloxone that prevents using other opiates.
These aspects combined are obviously better for addicts who need a reminder they can't use. ie...for addicts serious about recovery. My comments are not based on fiction. I hold a Bachelor degree in Psychology/emphasis substance abuse. Statements made on my site are based on personal experience and knowledge gained within the last four years I spent studying psychology and substance abuse.
Thank you
Jenny

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I didn't post that info to upset you in any way, as I think what you're doing is admirable, and has potential to help many. however if you wish to publish a study about Suboxone, it's important to have correct facts. the information seems to be stated as fact rather than opinion, and that's the only reason I made the post about the science ( simplistic explanation) of how buprenorphine,and naloxone or mono product buprenorphine work.
Misinformation about medication assisted treatment, especially if published and read by people who know nothing about opiate addiction or its treatment can influence people who make important decisions about it. it wasn't my intention to offend you, only to encourage the spread of accurate information, which in turn reduces stigma and helps everyone. the drug, buprenorphine is being studied currently by a company by the name of Alkermes, I believe as a treatment for depression.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:22 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

buprenorphine, itself had a ceiling effect, not only the combination of buprenorphine and naloxone, add I said earlier, my comments weren't intended to upset you, but they are absolutely correct. the misconception that people who take subutex aren't as serious about their recovery is incorrect, and could actually prevent people who cannot afford brand name Suboxone our other combo product bupe from seeking our receiving treatment. I'm aware that subutex can be abused intravenously, as can Suboxone. many addicts have also abused Suboxone in this manner and stated that the naloxone present DIDN'T produce withdrawal when when iv'd. this isn't my opinion, our fiction, it is fact. I'm sure others will chime in here and say the same thing, including Dr. Junig. many of his posts at suboxonetalkzone. com are about this very topic. you can also obtain this information at naabt.org.
Suboxone is not the only recovery medication with a ceiling effect.

www.suboxonetalkzone.com/wasting-resources-on-suboxone/

Last edited by lizzieshug2013 on Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:48 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I appreciate all opinions, and especially facts,when attempting to move conversations in a positive direction. As I mentioned earlier, my statements are my opinions; which come from experience and education.
I certainly was not offended in any way. On the contrary, I welcome conversation.
I would like to focus on the survey, not necessarily my opinions. As seen, when others have different opinions there may be unnecessary dialog, when the focus should be somewhere else. The survey is not opinion nor fact, it is a survey. This dialog is taking focus away from the intended purpose.

Have a wonderful evening
Jenny

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

ok, back to the survey itself, perhaps there's a way to make it more user friendly,ie where one could answer the questions in some other way other than numbered comments to answer the survey questions, perhaps check boxes, or places under each question where one could answer. on my screen, by the time I was able to reach the place where I could comment to answer any questions, I could no longer see the questions and had to scroll back and forth between the comments box and the survey itself, and wound up not taking the survey. I don't know if you'll find that helpful or not, but that might be part of the reason you're not receiving as many responses as you'd like to.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:24 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

lizzieshug2013 wrote:
ok, back to the survey itself, perhaps there's a way to make it more user friendly,ie where one could answer the questions in some other way other than numbered comments to answer the survey questions, perhaps check boxes, or places under each question where one could answer. on my screen, by the time I was able to reach the place where I could comment to answer any questions, I could no longer see the questions and had to scroll back and forth between the comments box and the survey itself, and wound up not taking the survey. I don't know if you'll find that helpful or not, but that might be part of the reason you're not receiving as many responses as you'd like to.

Yeah, she has a great brainstorm with the survey premise, perhaps just needs some technical assistance. Group effort sorta thing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:43 am 

jennyloveschet wrote:
Anyone actually qualifies to take to survey, as long they take Suboxone. Being bipolar is only a part of the survey.
The intro to the site is true for me, and many others I have spoken with. Online sites that are public are opinions of the sites creator. Additionally, my remarks are due to being able to still use other opiates and even still being able to overdose if one takes Subutex. Even mainlining is possible with Subutex. The truth is, Suboxone is THE ONLY relapse prevention medication that has a ceiling and the additive naloxone that prevents using other opiates.
These aspects combined are obviously better for addicts who need a reminder they can't use. ie...for addicts serious about recovery. My comments are not based on fiction. I hold a Bachelor degree in Psychology/emphasis substance abuse. Statements made on my site are based on personal experience and knowledge gained within the last four years I spent studying psychology and substance abuse.
Thank you
Jenny

Hi Jenny,

As much as we welcome all opinions here concerning Suboxone/Subutex, etc, members will always point out any misinformation regarding the drug. The reason is simple, we don't want anyone to read false or half truths regarding a medication that can save their life.

So with that out of the way, I would like to point out that Suboxone is not the only relapse prevention medication. Subutex will do just about the same thing and has the same ceiling effect. The amount of naloxone is so minor that it has almost no ill effect when Suboxone is injected. Most, if not all doctors will refuse to prescribe it unless a woman is pregnant. Things are starting to change and maybe that will too.

Although it is getting better, most of our members here know more about Buprenorphine than all the medical staff that treats us. Including the Suboxone doctors. I admire your undergraduate degree but did you ever take a class on the pharmacology of Suboxone/Buprenorphine treatment? It is your experience we value and believe more than your schooling. The small amount of physicians that know about Buprenorphine is our own Dr. Junig here. He may or may not respond to this post. A very busy doctor.

I'm not trying to bust your chops Jenny. But we mods draw the line when we read a post that is only partly true.

Thanks for your contribution to this site and keep on posting.

rule62

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:54 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Rule62,
I certainly do appreciate your calm sense of communication. Politeness goes a long way. I figured I obviously needed to do some research on subutex, and from that I must omit that I was putting subutex in the same category as methadone. I suppose I was doing that because, before I got on Suboxone I was going to the clinic in Chattanooga and getting subutex. I was only getting 16 mg. as was my husband, but there were others who were up to 46, and higher. I figured that it couldn't have a ceiling if people's dose were that high, like methadone. So, in my research I learned that I was definitely wrong. I typically do extensive research on all topics before writing, but I thought my eye-witness account was sufficient. I certainly learned a lesson in this; research no matter what!
I did alter the information on the site. Thank you Rule62.
Have a Blessed day
Jenny
ps. I wanted to add that having bipolar is not necessary to take the survey, only being on Suboxone is.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:10 pm 

I will attempt to complete your survey when I have a minute to spare.

Thanks for the nice words. You're one classy woman.

r

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:49 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I must agree, our moderators do a fantastic job. and I'm certainly glad that the topic of buprenorphine/ suboxone treatment/ and bi polar disorder is being studied more and more. it's about time. I'm sure that the more info that's out there, the more addicts will be helped. the survey is definitely a great start, since mental illness and addictive disorders often go hand in hand, so thanks for that Jenny. I'm sure your research will serve to benefit us all.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:35 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I clicked the link and I didn't see a survey just a short summary of your experience...and a photo of the package and suboxone strip? Maybe I overlooked it?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:41 am 

If you read more of the first page it mentions that the survey is under the "blog" tab at the top. To answer the survey you leave your information in the "comments" section after the survey. Hope this helps!

Amy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:18 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Jenny, check your survey.
I took it today!