It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello-

A survey is being conducted for people who are or have been involved in Buprenorphine treatment, through a provider. This survey is anonymous and is being conducted for research and possible treatment improvements. If you would like to participate, please use the link provided. Thank You.

-Shelwoy

Buprenorphine Survey

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

bump

Post subject: Very cool!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:21 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Thanks shelwoy....I found that very interesting. Did you create that survey? Or find it? Either way, nicely done!!! More of that information NEEDS to be obtained to create a better suboxone treatment situation(s). One suggestion would be to include a question asking how many doctors did one use before finding a "professional" one, if at all......just a thought though! I enjoy reading your replies and posts, and enjoyed this survey. Take care!!!

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." ---Salvador Dali

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:06 pm 
I did the survey as well. Shelwoy, if I may ask - You are working on becoming a LADC, correct? Is it a Master's program in your state? Do states have varying educational requirements for licensing or is it a pretty uniform standard?
Just curious as you had mentioned your internship a few times.
What a great thing for you to do - become involved in treatment not only helping addicts directly, but indirectly by informing other practitioners about medication assisted recovery. It's so important that treatment facilities, private counselors, licensing boards, court systems, etc start getting out of the dark ages when it comes to alternative treatment modalities!
Congratulations on the progress you've made thus far and good luck as you continue on!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:46 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks to those of you who have participated. In my home state, there is a great deal of transition going on in regards to the Chemical Dependency Professionals Board. They will be merging with the Social Worker Licensing Board for a number of reasons. I plan on carrying my education through until I receive my master's, but I have a ways to go.
I did create this survey and will create others in the future. I am searching for ways to have the statistics published for research and will use the results for addiction studies stories I plan on writing for whoever is interested in my work. I take addiction treatment improvement very seriously and only want those in need of help to be treated with dignity, compassion, and respect.
Again, thanks to all who have helped! And please if you have not yet participated,please consider doing so!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:08 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hi Shelwoy -

Took the survey a few minutes ago. Hope it helps. Thank you for gathering information like this, and educating the public.

I don't know if this is right, but my doc said that it possible that as many as 10% of the population may have the 'disease' or whatever you call it - that could lead to opiate dependence, addiction.

If that number is even close to true, then education is critical. I think it would be interesting to see if there were any 'real' numbers about this:

For every 'n' people who seek some form of treatment for opiate dependence, there are 'y' amount dependent up opiates that are not being treated (for whatever reason)..

Thanks again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:23 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I just took your survey and to be honest i belive people in the medical field need to start studying more about the drug... A good friend of mine is on 180mg of methadone daily and she went to the hospitial and told them she was on methadone and the next day gave her a shot and she asked what it was and they told her it was buprenorphine and immedatly went in to severe withdrawl they were freaking out saying its the samething omg she was sick. Finally they gave her the methadone and it took a while then she was better. Its sad a doctor would not no the diffrence between the two drugs. Anyway if more people would do what your doing then maybe the profesional people will learn about this drug thats becomming more populer.