It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:31 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

*HatMaker* Ask all the questions you'd like darlin ive got no secrets, and its nice to have someone to share my stories and thoughts with. No I no longer by gods along with my amazing surgeons good graces have pain from my Crohns i am in whats called "Surgical Remission" when they removed the 2ft of my intestines it was because it was completely necrotic (dead) so they then re-connected healthy tissue together giving me better quality of life. However Crohns is an auto-immune disease that you are born with so you always have it, but if your lucky it stays in remission. However the more recent pain i was taking too much pain medicine for and it was truly the pain and not to just to get high, was for the 2 herniated discs between c3/c4 and c5/c6 in my neck after being hit by that drunk driver. My big problem was that i developed "HyperAnalgesia Syndrome" :? because of the pain meds i was being prescribed so the pain meds were actually increasing my pain and causing my receptors in my brain to tell my body that i was in more pain than i was in, the more pain meds i would take upon the doctors advice the worse the pain would get, but the less i would take the pain would be bad too because it was withdrawl pain. :cry: I felt trapped until i got onto the Suboxone which knock on wood seems to be controlling my pain fairly well! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I also experienced hyperalgesia. Before I started sub I thought I was going to die from the pain (fibromyalgia and interstitial cystitis). Very shortly after stopping the other opiates and starting sub my pain lessened. Over time I was able to see more clearly what had happened. I still had some pain and suboxone helped make it for the most part tolerable.

I'm so glad to hear about the remission. You must be thrilled. Continued best wishes to you.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.