It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:02 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I posted the other day that I would be having surgery and My sub dr exes me Vicodin 10 to start taking so I can get some pain relief and anesthesia with less problem. However I'm terrified to switch still!! I only take 1.5-1.75 mg of Subutex s day but I know that is still a higher dose than the 10 mg Vicodin and I'm terrified of the wd. Why can't I do this??! I'm so frustrated w myself. Should I be this anxious?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:57 pm 

Csy,
Thought we had this covered. You ll be fine. Its friday so start taking them today and back off on the bupe. I do not believe you will have any Wd.
You l l have enough bupe still in yojr system plus the vikes. And sure I get it. Id be nervous a tad because its something id havn' t done but you seem to have a really understanding dr. Follow his/her directions. It ll be ok...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:34 pm 

I was on 1 mg before going into surgery. Never felt any w/d's from the switch. Plus, my surgeon only gave me Lortab 7.5 for the first three days. A little sweaty but that cleared up when I was switched to the 10 mg.

Don't worry about it, you'll be fine. Remember, most withdrawal symptoms come from our mind, not our body. To quote our good doctor here "Stop thinking about how you feel and just live".

Good luck with your surgery.

R

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:54 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey CS,

You are going to be fine. On that low of a dose you should be able to break through the wd pretty easily with the 10mg vicodin. Have you taken your subs today? If not, don't...go ahead and start the vicodin and quit worrying so much. You should be happy that you have a doctor who is knowledgeable about treating patients on bupe and willing to work with you. Trust the doctor and what we are telling you. If you don't make the switch you will suffer much more in the long run. You need at least 3 days off the bupe in order to get the pain relief you will need. Don't worry so much about the WD...it's not going to be nearly as bad as you are making it out to be.

Let's see a post tonight telling us how much better you feel now that you got it over with. :D

Q

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:34 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

You guys are great ty... I'm such a mental case!!! For a year I was in WD everyday because my tolerance was so high and I couldn't get enough pills, now I'm afraid of a couple days. Lol

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:08 pm 

Haha, well we are all mental cases when it comes to wd fear. It ll be ok.
The heck with that fear!!!Glad your with us....

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

LOL...it's totally understandable. We all fear the unknown.

I'm glad you feel better about it, but I still want to see that update! :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:21 pm 

Hey C :)

U will absolutely be Ok. But I totally understand ur fear of withdrawal. The last time I was in withdrawal was 3 yrs ago when I went in for my induction for my suboxone. Trust me, that was enough to put me in fear forever, so ur not alone. I think every addict will always fear it and it's always gonna be with us. Those memories... ugh lol. But u seem to have a great Dr and everything will be fine. Good luck with ur surgery.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi

I feel for you! Please try to stop thinking and just do LOL Easier said than done I know. Just wanted to say Hello and let you know i am thinking of you!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:43 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

UPDATE:..
I figure I would post what I'm experiencing since I know many people wonder about going from Subs to full opiate. So with the support of all of you here it goes:

I've been very anxious about switching back even for a short time because I know that my Sub dose even though it's a little under 2mg is still higher than the 10mg Vicodin rxed by my Sub Dr.
I usually split my sub dose and took my last dose yesterday around 2pm.
I woke up with some stomach pain which is normal since my stomach has been jacked from all the pills and Subs. I waited until 10am and took 5mg Vicodin. I felt nothing except a bit more stomach pain and some dizziness which I'm pretty sure was my anxiety kicking in when I realized I was not going to keel over (lol) I took the other 5 mg 20 mn later and here I am posting. So I did it! I feel no euphoria or anything (which is good) I will know more in a few hours if wd kicks in at all. My nose is runny a little... But other than the stomach ache I'm alive. Haha

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:21 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Good job C!

The worst part is over with now. All that worry over what is going to happen is always harder than the reality of it. :D Keep posting if you feel like it helps, but I would bet that you won't have any problems. You may even feel better tomorrow when the subs are out of your system a bit more.

Great job getting past your fears, and good luck with your surgery!

Q

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:19 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Well it's 4:15 I've taken a total of 25 mg hydro and I have to say I don't feel good... I think it may be the subs still in my system but I'm jittery which is odd. On top of it I feel nauseated kind of stuck on the couch ... I think my body is on overload of meds. Stomach keeps grumbling :( oh well

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

csinny

I am so sorry you don't feel good :( ! How much hydro did the doctor give you for these few days? Do you feel like you need to take more hydro?

The good news is in just 48 or so hours you will be done with your surgery :D Hopefully tomorrow you feel better and the day goes quickly.

Hang in there csinny

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:52 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Dr gave me 60 10mg ... I started it a few days late so I do have more but I'm guessing I will need more the next few days since I still have Sub in my system now ...so A total of 30 mg today was enough to stop any serious wd...I should be miserable by Monday lol

Have a great night everyone!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:11 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Oh God... If you are following my post today I woke up (if you call it that since I didn't sleep) in full blown wd. Sweating, cold, chills, sneezing nose eyes runny, stomach upset cramped the whole 9... Oh man I forgot what this felt like... How did I do this for 4 years everyday!!!! I cannot wait to go back on Sub! I just took a 10mg hydro.. Helped a little but not like Subs. Mind erratic ... Ugh the one bad thing about subs is my tolerance was raised I'm pretty sure ... I don't know but I feel like Hell! ugh . I'm posting this also so others could get an idea of what they may expect.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:06 pm 

Oh No, sorry to hear this C, but i am confused a tad. You have enough vikes, 60 I believe? At this point you have ,what 55 left?
You dont need to be in WD, I understand that you are, but why are you not taking more of thoses 10's? Your dr gave you plenty of them.
What where your dr s orders?, as needed" maybe.
You do not have to suffer like this imo. The transition back to sub csn be tricky but not the other way around.
If 10mgs helped, thats good, but as you know these are short acting opiates with no halflife.
I know you ve read Dr J's blog on this, right? . Maybe review it . I hate that your having this issue. It is a fine line I suppose . Everyone has different tolerances.
Just my 2 cents but maybe take a little more. ? And hes, we all fear the slippery slope. ..

Hang in there C...razor56. ..

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:44 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Csinny

I agree with Razor. Take more hydro's and feel human. That's why i asked how many you had. One more day so hang in there.

I take sub for chronic pain so if you want to go back to sub when you get home it shouldn't be a problem IMO. Like Razor said, you won't go into w.d now from taking hydro but you will have to wait a bit to get back on the sub.

So sorry csinny!

(( Hugs ))to a Brave person!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:34 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Ty for the support... I've taken 40mg today will have to take a bit more before bed... My dr had wrote on the script 3-4 x a day but I told him that would not keep me from wd since I'm taking over the equiv of 60mg in subs... At any rate I tried the first day but now that subs are Prob gone from my system i can't function. I did hold off taking them and I don't even think he would care since This is just for a couple more days... of course now I'm mental about my sub induction lol ... I really need to be studied! Well ty again all... You don't know how important your support is to me!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:33 pm 

If you keep feeling like the Hydro isn't doing it, ask for some Percocet instead. I did that and I felt better almost immediately. That is a weird drug. Oxycodone never did it for me. Back when I was abusing Hydrocodone I would sometimes get prescribed Oxy's for some really bad pain. They worked great for the pain but I never did feel any effects from them. Even when I took a lot, they never gave me a buzz. That's good IMO.

As soon as the pain is manageable get back on to your Suboxone. With me, I took my last dose of Hydro at about 9 PM then waited until about noon the next day before going back on my Sub. What a relief that was!

Let us know how you're doing, okay?

rule

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:21 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Ty Rule! I'm home on couch everything went well. Anesthesia worked I was in light sedation no problem...I'm not in too much pain but got no sleep last night. Had restless leg even after taking hydro... I am going back on subs hopefully tomorrow. I will take my last dose at 7 tonight I figure I could take my sub at 10... Ugh can't wait. Well at least I know I don't miss this up and down feeling... I'm supposed to have another procedure next month but I'm not sure if I'm going to do this again. Lol I'm a wimp!