It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:05 pm 

There ya Go!! ,its almost over and you did well , right? Im really glad you shared all this with us.You ve given us a peek as to what happens. Others have too on this forum. The good news is mostly it all works out.
Good for you C..have a good evening. ...and congrats..also, your not a wimp..

Razor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Csinny

So glad things went well for you! Rest and heal then you can think about another procedure.

E

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:24 pm 

Good to hear it all went the way it should. Don't worry about the next surgery, it'll be a repeat of this one. I too had back to back surgeries and did the same thing you're doing. Taper down, stop, go on Hydro, stop, back on Suboxone. It'll work out just fine.

No worries Mate!

rule

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:49 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Just want to thank everyone again... I went back on subs. My experience in the 4 days on Vicodin...
First day not bad at all cause subs were in my system, second day sucked couldn't sleep restless, third day ad withdrawals all night couldn't sleep... (One positive I was able to go to the bathroom without a laxative)... 10mg Vicodin took edge off (by now subs should be out of system).., took total 45 mg through day... Got no euphoria feeling but did get glassy eyed and felt a big jittery not sure why... Was getting all feelings minus the warm and fuzzy ones which I guess is good lol... I was purposely not taking Vicodin at night since I didn't know when I would be going back to subs.

Most important why I'm writing this is that day 2 was definitely able to get pain relief! Actually it was the first time in a long time that my neck pain was gone which was the reason I was started on opiates years ago. Subs while they give some pain relief I still need Advil the 10mg Vicodin on day 2 was able to give me full pain relief after 2mg of subs and no problems with anesthesia.
Hope this helps someone

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:56 pm 

Great news! Good to know u had no pain issues. Sorry to hear u had trouble at first with the switch but thank goodness it all worked out and now ur bk to normal. As addicts, any kind of withdrawal is so scary to us now, at least for me it is. It makes ya wonder how the heck we ever put ourselves through that day after day when we were in active addiction. I wouldn't ever wanna go bk to that again no matter what. What a relief we have sub right lol?

Thanks for the update!! Again, glad everything turned out for ya.