It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:34 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

As usual I go get my script 2 days before its due, usually, because DEA law is you are allowed to get a new script every 28 days, but this time when I was suppose to go . my mother was on vacation in chicago and I had no way to go to the doctor. I was out on the 26 and my mother didnt get back until the 2nd . so over the week I took a oxy. 30 mg. and i took it on tuesday. I am also on probation and yesterday the 3rd I had to go do a drug test for probation and then go to the doctors to do one for my script. I did drink a lot of water. and i have a feeling I failed my tests. now neither my probation or my doctors office had yet to call me yet. and in some way I feel as if my doctor really dosnt care....there has been many times in the past where i took drugs and think i was going to fail. and was never called or confronted. now when it comes to the tests at the doctors office. I at first thought that you go in...take your drug test, and then when you go in to a room to see your doctor he already would know the results of the drug test or not...then again im not sure if it gets sent to a lab and then finds out later....so u do a drug test and get your script anyways until the next month when he tells you if you passed or failed the previous month. I really dont know where I am going with this besides wanting to know if the doctor knows if you pass or fail the day u test and see him and get ur script....because if not it seems kinda of backwards.....

on a side note there was on time where I was on suboxone with him ( I been on suboxone since september with the same doctor. only him and no other doctor) and after a few months I got arrested for poession of a controlled substance, and was in jail for almost 2 month...then after i got out i went back to them and told the doctor everything that happened and that i relapsed and he decided to take me back....BTW im not sure about any other doctor...but my doctor dosnt care if i smoke pot...he is actially a activist for pot and prescribes thc pills or something else...not completely sure...

but all in all...im jus surprised that he hasnt called me same with my probation officer... but like i said...i feel as if he does know i failed but dosnt really care and wants me to stay on subs from him....Im not sure if you guys know this but how there big drug companies get well known is by paying a doctor more to prescribe a certain drug...since they get more money to prescribe subs then methadone...once u tell him u are addicted....the first thing he will come up with is what every drug will make him the most money to prescribe...

anyways like i said...I jus feel as if I did fail and he just dosnt want me kicked out of his program...and I LOVE my doctors office to death...best office i ever been to...we all have a sence of humor where everyone can talk trash about eacher...even the doctor... they know me by my name and are always excited to see me...i dont like going into a office and every time i go they ask me for my name and ID...this play says hello jarred every time i show up...and start joking around with me right off the batt.... its just a great enviorment ...so im in feat of losing a great doctors office...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello Quebec,

Just wanted to let you know what might be going on. Sometimes, you take a drug test and your doctor doesn't always look at it. The fact that it is random and they ask you take the test, doesn't mean that they look at it or read it.

Sometimes you take the test because the doctors office wants you to have an open conversation about any drug use. More than likely that was the case when you took oxy and they never said anything.

Especially if you take the test and you walk in immediately to their office talk. I think the Doctor expects YOU to be open and HONEST with them about any previous drug abuse. They may trust you and not even look at the test. Not to say this is going to happen everytime. I would consider yourself extremely LUCKY.

Many offices would kick you out by now for any slip ups.

So i guess what i am saying is. I think your doctor cares about you and trusts you . So don't betray his /her trust by being dishonest. I would thank your lucky stars that you still have a place to go to . And.. try to stay on subs and that is all. It is in your best interest to stay on this life saving med and not dabble with other narcotics. This medicine, when taken properly can be a miracle drug .
Good luck with everything

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:37 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hmmm...

First, there are no DEA laws limiting scripts to 28 days. The only DEA law the impacts schedule III meds like buprenorphine is that scripts expire in 6 months. There are DEA rules about schedule II meds like opioid agonists and stimulants (i.e. NOT buprenorphine), but even with schedule II meds there are no rules limiting scripts to 28 days. Doctors can prescribe up to 90 days of schedule II meds at one time. That rule does NOT impact buprenorphine meds like Suboxone.

Likewise, the notion that drug companies pay doctors for ANYTHING-- especially for prescribing certain medications-- is NONSENSE. If you ever have any evidence of that happening, call your local FBI office. The Sunshine Act bans transfer of any 'gift' or promotional item to physicians. And ANY payments to physicians for any reason must be reported to the government.

I did work for pharma when I was setting up my practice, and I was paid about 10,000 per year for several years, total, by several companies. George Soros funds a web site called 'propublica' where he 'exposes' doctors like me who (gasp!) did work for pharmaceutical companies. And yes, I billed for my services giving lectures to doctors about new medications. The income helped me survive while setting up an independent practice, but once I had a relatively full schedule, I stopped doing that work-- not because I thought anything was wrong with it, but because it wasn't worth it. Frankly, it is not a great time driving several hours to a small town, giving a lecture, spending the night in a cheap motel, and racing back the next morning to see patients. I always told patients that I did that work if I prescribed a medication I had lectured about-- e.g. Seroquel, Pristiq, and Vyvanse.

People love to get worked up about 'payments to doctors by pharma'. Doctors are paid for WORK. But because of all of the hype out there, any payment for work, to MDs, is reported to the Federal Government.

I could go on about the issue, but I doubt I would change your mind. Maybe just do a bit of reading about healthcare law, starting with STARK law, and up to the Sunshine Act. Start here: https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Fraud-and-Abuse/PhysicianSelfReferral/index.html?redirect=/physicianselfreferral/

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:57 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

who ever posted first. thank you for your comment...who ever posted second.....Are all admins pompous as hell when they reply...or just you?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:25 pm 

Pompous? Really? For telling you the truth of the matter.?

Every single word that this man wrote to you is true. Maybe reading the link he gave you could help.

Quite frankly he can say whatever he wishes. HE OWNS THE DAMN PLACE.!

Dr Junig is the "suboxdoc". A man who gives his time and money for the education of anyone, free, who needs it on this forum and Talkzone.

Glad you got something from Raudy1975, a well informed member indeed. But one disrespecting the Dr sir.

Razor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:20 pm 

Yeah u can't blame Dr Junig for wanting to educate ppl on The Sunshine Act. If I were a Dr and saw someone who genuinely thought doctors got paid by drug companies to push their medication, I'd want them to be corrected on the truth. And keep in mind Quebedeau that Dr J has educated many many ppl before u on this forum who thought and said the same thing, if u search it you'll definitely see that. I don't think he was rude or pompous one bit and he's the creator of this forum and deserves the utmost respect.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:31 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

yeah maybe i took it wrong or just dont know him that well...i just felt like i was trying to get degrated by my lack on knoloage

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:32 pm 

Yeah there's tons of ppl who think like u did, and there's been a lot here thought that too. Heck to be honest, before I ever discovered the forum, I thought that was possible and had no idea it was illegal till I read about it here. Ya definitely learn a lot of stuff sticking around here :)