It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:24 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

The recent forum squirmish has been so ridiculous. It's happened several times and there really is no reason for it.
It's like high school....and here we are, adults, all suffering from a similar disease trying to do what we can to get better, healthier and out of the bondage of addiction yet what happens? We pick on each other, need to have the last word and overall act like jackasses, me included.

When we read things that we don't like it usually means there is something we need to look at. If we have issue with others it usually means it is a mirror into our own issue, some character defect of our own we need to look at and change. So, instead of attacking each other, how about working together to help support all of us who are suffering. We are in varying stages of recovery...and we all struggle at times. THis is hard. Sometimes life sucks but overall recovery is incredible. Let's pass THAT information on to others...that it can and will get better.

This forum is one of the best out there. There are smart, compassionate and knowledgable people here. Let's use our information to gain a better perspective on our disease, change how addiction is viewed and to help each other figure out how to make Suboxone work and when ready help each other taper off.

I know for myself that when I react to someone that I need to stop and look at myself instead. So, if I have hurt someone or someone felt attacked because of my words I apologize.

Lilfe has been hard enough for most of us....it's supposed to get better. I know that I have gained a lot from the support here...let's continue supporting, instead of fighting.

Post subject: lovely
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:58 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Beautifully said Ms China....everyone here is such a wealth of knowledge and everyone has their own viewpoints and that's what makes this forum so wonderful. It's normal for us addicts to get bit defensive and things can easily be misconstrued (sp?) Through this type of platform. I was going to comment on a cpl of threads earlier but they seemed a bit heated and I didn't want to get involved.
Peace and love....lulu
Ps....Ladder...what the eff does KWIM mean??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:45 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

china, great post.

I agree we should be supportive of eachother and not pick on eachother.....

I admit I tend to cringe when I read posts that sort of bash sub. I guess its because its working for me. In the begining of my sub treatment I felt SOOOO GOOD. I believe this was because I was not in withdrawl and I was not mentally obsessing about dilaudid. I didn't have to steal drugs to function. What a GREAT feeling right? I mean at the end of my addiction, dilaudid is ALL I thought about. It felt so nice to have a free mind. Then over time, life just becomes normal and....

Life really sucks sometimes. Instead of thinking about opiates and going in and out of withdrawl, other bad shit becomes the focus....Food and gas are expensive, family problems are still there, it never stops raining where I live, no one has a damn job, depression starts creeping in....the same shit that got me using in the first place....But I DONT BLAME the sub. I talked to the doc about it. I am working on getting a good combination of meds to help me. I am on abilify and 8mg of sub. I started forcing myself to call friends and participate in some fun stuff. I quit junk food about a week ago. I try not to obsess about how I "feel" all the time. I try to help others. I am going to try an excerise class. I went back to church. I feel alot better today.

See for me, sub is still doing what it is supposed to do. It stops the mental obsession over using. Sure I get a few cravings but that is normal. I am learning how to deal with them. Nobody ever told me sub was the solution to all my problems. Just one small tool.

I am not discounting other members experiences at all. I believe everyone is different....people do have shitty doctors. That sucks. I just wish people would look at the big picture sometimes. Also, there are alot of people on here tapering right now. That is great but lately I haven't read alot of positive posts about sub. This may be frustrating for some of us.

I do believe this is one of the best sites to get support on the internet. I hope we can all have open minds, me included, and support people wherever they are in their journey.

PS lulubelle, KWIM= know what I mean?

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 7:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks for a very well written post, China. You always have the best intentions and it shows. I absolutely agree too. We have to back each other up. For many of us, this is the best tool we have for navigating through our Sub experience.

Yup, KWIM is Know What I Mean? I use that too much.

Orange Doll, I'm honestly happy things are going so well for you and I completely understand how it would suck to feel like there's so many people struggling with tapering and stuff when everything has turned around for you and you are generally feeling good about things. When I was comfy on my Sub dose, I couldn't understand why it was such a huge deal to people to be dealing with the side effects of tapering. I also thought maybe they were exaggerating them. I wonder if people see it as bashing if other people are not having a good time of it. Maybe so. I'm sure it can come off as negative. I really hate that idea. I hate wondering if everyone just thinks I'm negative. I ask myself if I'm negative. Am I? I don't know. I've never thought of myself as a negative person, and I don't believe I have been a negative person for the most part. Now I'm unsure. I kinda think I shouldn't post here anymore, at least not about my own experience. I can see how it could bring other people down. I don't know what is wrong with me and why I am sick every day and every night. I am trying. I have put so much work into my recovery in general. I put a ton of planning into this taper too, based on all the information I could find. However, right now I certainly don't feel positive about things, because they aren't playing out like they are supposed to. I'm truly thinking maybe it is ME. Maybe other people could deal with chills and sweats and RLS and anxiety and kinda blow it off and not think about it. I cannot seem to learn how to distract myself from it. It permeates every minute of everyday and yup, I'm sure that comes off as negative. I cannot see the big picture. I could up until recently, but not anymore. I actually don't feel like I even know what the big picture is anyway. How do I get out? How do I stop this? Again, it's most likely just ME. Nobody likes a party pooper. And there is something to the saying that if you have nothing positive to say, it's best to just say nothing.

laddertipper

Post subject: Dont stop Ladder!
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 9:31 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Ladder,

I don't think you have come across as negative at all! I think you have gone out of your way to be positive when you are feeling so shitty. I commend you for trying whatever you can to feel better. Don't stop posting.....I think you are a great writer and I think your helping alot of people by being honest and sharing your expierence. And you are not the only one that comes to mind...rain, mg113, livin, aqua, and others have been really positive too.

I guess I meant that there are alot of people on here lately that are trying to get off sub....thats all. (And a few have been reallly negative...onnie comes to mind off the top of my head.) Maybe that is why some bad feelings have surfaced...some don't understand why people are wanting to come off sub at all. I totally get why some people are ready to stop.

So ladder, know that I was not even thinking about you when I posted that! love, orangedoll.

Post subject: Re: Dont stop Ladder!
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Orange doll wrote:
Ladder,

I don't think you have come across as negative at all! I think you have gone out of your way to be positive when you are feeling so shitty. I commend you for trying whatever you can to feel better. Don't stop posting.....I think you are a great writer and I think your helping alot of people by being honest and sharing your expierence. And you are not the only one that comes to mind...rain, mg113, livin, aqua, and others have been really positive too.

I guess I meant that there are alot of people on here lately that are trying to get off sub....thats all. (And a few have been reallly negative...onnie comes to mind off the top of my head.) Maybe that is why some bad feelings have surfaced...some don't understand why people are wanting to come off sub at all. I totally get why some people are ready to stop.

So ladder, know that I was not even thinking about you when I posted that! love, orangedoll.

OMG, I am really losing it, lol. Let me just explain by saying my kids have had the stomach flu one after the other, so I am totally sleep-deprived and now I am getting it too. THEN, I got 'that time of the month' today on top of it, and the w/d is still here. So, I am completely mental. I started crying a few times today for absolutely no reason, and then I started laughing right afterward for no better reason other than I am seriously crazy today. That's it. Yikes, okay, I'm going to crawl under the blankets and HIDE!!

Once I find the way out of this, though, I'm going to make sure that everyone knows there IS a way out and hopefully, I can bring some of the people who are having a rough time a little boost of confidence. Thanks for bearing with me, Orange Doll!!!

laddertipper

Post subject: thanks ladder
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 12:42 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

ladder . your a great writer and it helps me understand things about suboxone.
i have a friend name bill, he stayed over last night,and told me his coming off
subs at 1mg every other day then he stoped.he truthfully told me that he had lethargy
and chills for 1 month,with no depression. he was on 16 to 8 mgs subs for 2 years
he's off for 2 months now working happy and doing just great from what i see in him. :o
oh...and NO P.A.W.S.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:35 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

johnboy, thanks so much for telling me about your friend. I like hearing these stories so I have a better idea of what to expect. At this point, it's been about 50 days at 1 mg and it's not getting noticeable better. So, I'm thinking that after my sister's graduation in a few weeks, I'm going to get ready to jump and then....jump!! I will probably be sick for a month or so, but a month is nothing in the grand scheme of things, right? Plus, having chills in the summer will be much more comfortable than having them when it is below freezing.

Thanks again. I'm really happy for your friend that he's through this. And no PAWS?! YAY!!

laddertipper