It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:07 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

[font=Comic Sans MS] [/font] Hey everyone ,I know there are some that are starting the taper and some that are at the end of the taper. That is where I am , at the end of my taper. I wanted to start this new topic so we could keep up with each others progress. And everyone that has finished let us know how you feel. I'm am loving the support from all you guys here. It is amazing for me. I'm at crumbs in the morning trying as little as possible and later if I feel like I didn't get enough, I take a tiny crumb in the p.m. I hope to be finished with my taper by wed. of next week. I'm just gonna see how I feel. I know I can do this. I have this void of just taking pills all the time, that I'm noticing that I haven't in a long time. I have been in all week ,well we had alot of snow ,so that is one reason. I plan to go to my parents tomorrow. We'll see how that goes. I so want to thank you guys here. This is the best , I really really feel better to hear that other are like me and feel the same and know what I'm going through.
Hope everyone feels good and have a great evening..... Lynn~

Just wanted to add: I noticed that I can smell alot better in the last few days anyone else notice that..
If the funny feeling in my head would get better..(Dizzy lingering headache-) Uuuh!!!! :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:59 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey SLynn

Glad to see you're getting closer to stopping.. today was my last dose of .25 and I went to the and got prescribed clonideine.. it was kind of funny but the doc really had no experience with ppl with WDs from opiates, luckily he had a good doctor friend he called that specializes and he got me a good dose of clonidine.

I know it's not a cure all, but I heard it definitely helps... but I'll report back here how well it works becauset tomorrow i'm sure I will be over the hump and off the grandmas house.. err full blown WD... I've tapered from 2mg down to .25 over the last 12 days.. so my overall WD shouldn't be bad... I also came clean and told my Dad what's going on.. I mean I'm 27 and live on my own, but I know it's always good to let people know whats up, it sure was a big relief of my chest and he is in big support of me!

Keep us up to date!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:33 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

How do you feel? I feel like someone hit me with a brick. My head is pounding and yesterday I had a mental breakdown. Crying like crazy, that kinda felt good though. I'm so confused , I feel like I can not stop taking this stuff... It's more the mental part that is bothering me. Well I really want to know how you feel.?? Hope you're doing good. I feel like I can't function normal without this little pill. What to do?????????? Lynn

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:01 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I'm also down to a crumb in the morning, crumb around 2 and a crumb sometimes around 6:30. I just take the smallest amount possible. I still feel like I need it though. I guess at some point you just have to stop and deal for a few days.

Hang in there. I'm sure it'll be a bit up and down but it'll keep getting better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:54 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Just keep taking baby steps.. recovery is not a quick process.. I know about breaking down and so forth and crying is a great release, always makes me feel better, and I dont feel bad about it..

Update about Clonidine...

Stuff works, but I think less is better then more... Ive taken more then I think I needed and ive felt kind of like a zombie today.. GF and I went out and about earlier today and I could barely function.. it was pretty funny actually but I did feel like I was in sludge.

Anyways, its a great drug, just I think ill take less during the day to keep myself from being zombified! lol..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:50 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I'm sure you have alot on your plate...so cry. It makes us all feel better...and I'm so sorry that this part is going rough for you.
But think about the things in your life....is there anything that is bugging you? That you feel you need to fix? I had to "Fix" my life before I made the final jump......just a thought, though.

Let us know how it goes.....But I think I already know. You will do amazing. :D

And we are all backing you 100%...Take care, Amber

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:21 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Crying part comes with detox... stupid stuff on TV lately gets me worked up... I mean I'm a pretty sensitive guy, but like stupid stuff on TV is making me emotional.. oh well, at least I know I got a soul in there.

And I've heard of people sneezing more then normal on detox and I've started to notice that too.. oh well, sneeze is 1/10th an organism... so I guess I'll just enjoy that then ;)

Just be ready for bizarre sleep patterns... I wake up about every 1-2 hours for about 10-15 mins through out the night... Brain needs to start creating melatonin on normal levels so we can sleep normal, but just don't let it frustrate you, just take it as a sign of detox and a step closer to getting better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:45 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

UGH for sneezing....I probably did a million and one times..... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:23 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey everyone, just wanted to post get and give updates: Today I took .05ml of liquid, I have the poo's. My headache is what is bothering me the most. Why? Does anyone know or has anyone else experienced the headaches. What is my brain doing here? My energy is getting better, But I have taken way less sub. Why is it when you first start taking it you feel great and have energy then once you have been on it that goes away. I guess like any other drug tolerance? Energy (NONE) and Headache is my main w/d that is bothering me. But it's nothing like opiate W/D at all. I feel like the sub is giving me the headache? I'm just confused ,aren't we all..
Glad everyone is doing good.. :) Lynn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:32 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yeah sometimes subs would give me a headache.. so I can understand that.. you said you took .5ml today, do you know how many MG that was?

I'm on day 4 of being completely off anything and Friday was an .25mg dose.. so I know it's out of my body.. my sleep patterns are fubared.. I wake up every 2 hours... so no REM sleep for me... ah well, should get better after a week or so and luckily the first 3 days were the weekend.

Though today i'm at work and it's kind of rough being so tired.. but I'll make it.. luckily my anxiety is pretty much nothing, thank God!

Anyways, keep up the hard work Slyn you'll get there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:11 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

gubulars. Hey great to hear how your doing!! (good job)

The liquid I took was the one that I made with to much water. It was 2 tablespoons of h20 with 6mg of sub. My little measure thing ,I just squeezed .05ml out of that bottle,it couldn't be much, But not sure. I wasn't gonna take any , but of course I had that liquid so I just took a tiny bit to take edge off. I have the worst headache , the dizziness is gone but the headache still here. I have now had a 2 week HeadAche!!! I'm planning to not take any tomorrow. That was my plan this past weekend but I had to do social things with the family. I just want to get out and get to normal. We've had 5-6 inches of snow the past few weeks so that has kept me in also. I have woke up every morning by 9 a.m. Mind you I don't go to bed until at least 3a.m. Reason Husband gets off work at 1am ,So I usually wait till he gets home and we watch something together. I use to sleep until 1pm at times. I do feel much better about being up and around earlier. I've always wanted to be a morning person. Well I am now, lol... Keep us posted on your progress., Glad everyone is doing good... Lynn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:50 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Check your PMs slyn :D

Yeah I've been having nice little sleep deprivation head aches from lack of sleep.. they start being fun about 11am... and sun is slaying my eyes because of it.. I'm praying I can get at least like 4-5 hours of straight sleep tonight, would be AWESOME!

If you took .5 ML of that mixture you're talking bout.. that's only.3 mg.. that's probably why you feel bad.. take another .5 and maintain a 1ml for 3 -4 days...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:34 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Figured out why I had such a bad headache and upset stomach.
I almost feel crazy sharing this..
I haven't had any sub today, trying to just suck
it up and not take it. Reason why is >>>
I realized my headache is from my lack of less xanax. I have taken it for
several years (panic attacks) and I haven't taken as much since tapering off of sub. I guess the sub
and xan's together create a much better combo. So I have realized I'm having w/d from
benzo more than the sub. So today I didn't take the sub. I figured feel like poo anyway.
why take it. I slept 1 hour last night. could not sleep , first night that has happened.
Even though it sounds stupid I wanted to be truthful and tell you guys what was going on.
I know you all are thinking what a dumb ass.. :? Lynn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:36 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I don't think you're a dumbass.. I just think with any WD our minds tend to not be in the right places.. and so we forget and start to do odd things.. then we start to get better and our minds clear up.

Keep your head up and I know you'll be reading my PM.. so that will fill in the rest.

I just have to occupy my time with fun things.. I went for a drive on my lunch, drove fast, enjoyed the sun, I felt ALIVE.. it was pretty cool..

I'm fucking tired now though.. hah, come on more sleep tonight.. 5 hours please, minimal

It's a real refreshing feeling knowing that I'm not dependent on something... I can relate this to anyone who has to take medicine daily for anything.. real drag.. and it is a real drag mentally when you really don't have to.

Keep up the work Slyn.. we are here for you, especially me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:41 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

You're doing great and thank you so much for the positive reply.. I'm trying to get there. I guess sooner or later I will be there
It took me a long time to get in this situation so I know it won't go away in a week.. Hope everyone is feeling better today, have a good one everyone, Talk soon...

Post subject: !
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:42 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey guys, just wanted to let everyone know that I'm down to approx. .05ml if that every other day or some days just a tiny crumb. I'm getting some energy back. I bought some vitamin c and omega fish oil and that actually seems to helps. Also dark chocolate read it help w/d's give anything a try. <<MIND OVER MATTER) I've been doing some good stretching and a bit of walking. I had a super bad tension headache that would not go away (that's another story) Taking it slow..
Crawl before you walk.. at least I'd rater. Once you get down to a low taper you almost forget to take it..
Half way through the day I get tired. This Is no walk in the park , but I'd take it over opiate W/D any day...

Hope everyone is doing great.. One day at a time.. That's all you can do.

Congrats to gubulars on your 2 weeks of no subs!
You did great ,keep up the good work~ Lynn