It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:32 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I was milling through the forums, searching for some area to whine and complain about the many reasons I loathe the Suboxone strips...

...in case anyone's interested, latest annoyances:

1.) Staying at relative's houses and filling their wastebaskets with suspicious, metallic packages prominently displaying a word that, if Googled, screams "HEROIN ADDICT."
2.) Realizing YES, the big veins UNDER my tongue are where I'm supposed to stick it! If I carefully navigate around my tongue ring, I should...oops, missed.
3.) Why (as an inner-city, low-income patient) does it take an entire week of doctor/doctor's assistant/pharmacist/pharmacist's assistant-calling to fill a prescription, but a couple hours to get a bag of dope?

The last question was hypothetical.

Oh,

4.) Having to constantly type the above disclaimer because, once drugs enter the picture, sarcasm disappears.

But, I realized I'm posting my silly annoyances into the "Anger" portion of the forums, which is intended to address anger toward the anti-Suboxone crowd. While the anti-Suboxone crowd is most definitely anger-inducing, I find the good folks at Reckitt Benkiser and (in my opinion) their attempts to profiteer at any expense, far more infuriating. Not to mention, issues as simple - or complex - as everyday perpetuation of "addict" stereotypes and stigma, perpetrating by both overall society and sometimes well-meaning individuals.

I know some of these issues have become talking points in various threads, but I'm wondering if a general gripping/venting category might prove helpful. I know many complaints don't have solid solutions but, at very least, it might be useful as a forum-equivalent of couch and nodding therapist.

Or maybe just a thread would do? Does anyone find this idea interesting?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:01 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Agreed. We should have a little "negative corner" or something, where we can leave all our emotional baggage out of sight / mind and carry on with our day. I'm being serious.

I'm one of the biggest RB sceptics around here, and I think this is a fantastic idea. I'm sure people are getting just as sick of me venting about the strips etc all over the forum, as I am of talking about it.

The purpose of this anger forum is a bit ambiguous. I'll talk to the mods about clarifying at, making it an "Angry at something" forum, or a general place to vent. Can't guarantee anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:42 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Lets not forget,,,,
theyre so freaking expensive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I got the RB patient assistance, thankfully.
BUT before that I was spending about 30percent of my total take home pay every 2 weeks for HALF my script. sometimess I could only buy 5 at a time.
I have no insurance. and I do have a discount card from the state of oregon,and ANY other meds, it takes about 30-40 percent off the cost,,,,but NOT suboxone, or subutex or even the generic bupe.
JUST sayin......
I really dont think they HAVE to have the cost of the damn films at 8bx a piece. c'mon guys

thats my two cents!!!!!!!!!
and I am thankfull I got the patient assistance til september 2012. It was sure hard befor that though. and it was quite the battle to GET the patient assistance.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:48 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

OH YEA, forgot to mention the broken strip thing........
youd think for how much the lil bastards cost, they'd have a formula for keeping them WHOLE
right????????
I know Im not the only one that deals with this, and I dont know how many times I go to stick one UNDER my tongue, adn I dont notice its freaking falling apart, and a big chunk falls on the floor of the kitchen, or the floorboard of the car.
its so wonderful. It pissed me off way more, when the 8bx a piece was coming outta my pocket.
but its still irratating, searching the floor for a chunk of medicine. and you know what searching the floor for "just a little more" triggers memories of????????
yep, you got it,,,,,active addiction.
so whats the deal,,,,, why cant they fix this???????

okay, im Actually done ranting now!!!
THANKS,,,,,,i like the thread

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:51 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yeah. I just don't understand how they're funnelling everyone onto a product that they haven't even shown they can manufacture, over a product that's been proven safe for years! Suboxone Film has zero health benefits over the tablets, and are potentially more toxic. Yet the medical world, and the beurocratic world are convinced that they're heaps better?

The only person I know in person who preferred the film said it was because it made him feel more stoned. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:25 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I'm SO happy someone else noticed how easily the damn things break in half! After finally figuring out a "correct" method of taking them - ALWAYS allow at least an hour (if you've pressed for time when you wake up, enjoy the option between arriving on time, but sick, for work/appointment/etc. or taking your medication as directed) - stand in front of the mirror and lift tongue, dodge tongue piercing and apply strip directly upon vein before it comes into contact with ANY saliva, lest you blow the whole operation and, again, find yourself either sick or taking a second strip and running out early (and, if you've run out early, it's OBVIOUSLY because you're either selling them or taking half a box a day), when I realize 3/4 of the time, the goddam strips are so delicate they practically need tweezers and a petri dish to keep from cracking.

I can't begin to describe my fury when, on my final strip of the month, I opened the foil while standing over a laundry basket and had half my mysteriously pre-broken strip flutter gracefully from packet to pile of dirty underwear.

Seriously, RB? SERIOUSLY?!

I'm also on patient assistance, so I really "can't complain" about the price. But, of course, I'll complain, anyway. Because, in the 3-4 months I've been on no-longer-advertised patient assistance, I've never spent less than a week making sure my prescription is at the pharmacy, on the day I run out, even if it takes literally days of phone tag. Not to mention, what other drug manufacturer requires patients to ignore common sense (as well as instructions from Walgreens) and wait until the very day they run out of a medication they must take on a daily schedule to pick up their prescription?

I actually called and was told to avoid picking up my prescription before the exact day I ran out. So, what am I supposed to do when I've waited until the very last second to walk to the pharmacy (Sayonara, previously made plans!) and find the doctor called in Suboxone tablets, not film? Reckitt won't cover it, I don't have $700? I doubt (I know) I'm not the only person on patient assistance who runs through their um, "other" opioid options around the end of the month.

When you spend this much time fretting over obtaining drugs fast enough to avoid withdrawal (or establishing rituals around making your drugs as effective as possible), the similarities between standing on a corner and standing by the phone become all too evident.

God, I miss the generic.