It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:52 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey guys, first post. I will add an avatar shortly.

I have been on subs for around 4 years. I started at 16mg/day and am currently prescribed 4/mg per day. About five months ago, I woke up one day to only needing 2mg/day. I thought it wouldn't last; that a surplus had simply accrued in my body. This was not the case. This development continued and now it is October 25 and I have only taken 1/mg in the past three days!

I am not necessarily complaining. I know tapering is tough. It took some real doing to drop from 16mg/day down to 4mg/day. I only find my experience incredibly strange. The 4-5 other "pluggers" I know certainly agreed.

Any ideas as to the cause? Anyone with a similar experience?

Also, I am happy to find this place. Any plugger knows that subs are a huge part of their daily life and it is nice to have this valve.

Lastly, I am in law school. I noticed legal issues are a common point of discussion. I would be happy to answer any legal questions any of you may have. My record is far from clean -- I do not judge.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:24 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The large majority of people who use this site take a dose of buprenorphine that creates a blood level above the 'ceiling effect'. For that reason, most people will not notice if their body 'suddenly' needs less buprenorphine. If, for example, someone suddenly stops metabolizing buprenorphine, there will be no change whatsoever in the subjective effects of the medication.

I don't really get the point of sticking a finger in your ass each day. I realize that some people do it to increase bioavailability of buprenorphine, in order to reduce the cost of street buprenorphine in the absence of a legitimate prescriber... but if you are taking 4 mg per day, I don't see the point. Not 'judging'---- just not a fan of people walking around with fecal material under their fingernails without a damn good reason.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:27 pm 

Hi Mc, I don't know anything about plugging but do know that I started suboxone sublingually a year ago this past August. I started at 24 mgs. Within the year I was down to 8 mgs. Within the past month I have dropped to 6 mgs. Each time I can honestly say, I just felt ready to take less. Congrats on being down to 1 mg. I am hoping to drop to 4 mgs before too long.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:46 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Oh wow...I am just realizing "plugging" is rectal ingestion. Wow. I have never done that.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:49 am 

Hi Mc, So, what does plugging mean to you?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:21 pm 

Mckinley wrote:
Oh wow...I am just realizing "plugging" is rectal ingestion. Wow. I have never done that.

Yes, please tell us what you thought that meant!! :)

Amy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:55 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I thought it meant plugging an orange rectangle in the corner of your mouth. But I guess that isn't truly "plugging" your mouth, not like actually plugging your rectum, albeit I have been called an asshole before.

Sorry for the JV Amateur Hour misunderstanding.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:11 am 

Stop! No need to apoligize! This is a place to ask questions and get answers! It is ALL a learning experience! Enjoy your day!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:44 pm 

Like Michelle said, no need to apologize. Up until about five years ago, I had no idea what plugging meant either lol. Ppl where I'm from, or at least the ones I used with, didn't "plug" lol. Not that sticking a needle in ur arm or snorting it up ur nose is much better but I had no idea there was a word for it til I got to looking around on the internet one day and ppl kept talking about plugging, I was like what!!! So hey I get it, isn't that funny? Wouldn't "poking" be a better word for it? :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:03 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Out of curiosity, how do you jam a Suboxone film up your butt? Do you wrap it over your finger like a thimble? Please tell me you at least put some glad wrap over your finger or something.

Just curious about the mechanics of the whole thing.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:57 pm 

TJ, I don't think there are any pluggers on this thread, since the OP thought it was something completely different.

Amy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:15 pm 

No, not a plugger but I did read about it. They turn the strip into liquid and use a syringe to get the liquid into their rectum. The posts I read, they talked about how much easier it was. You did not have to wait for the strip to dissolve or have that nasty taste in your mouth. I can honestly say that the strips do not bother me. I never think it takes that long. I have heard that people spit the "subliva". It really does not taste that bad to me. I have taken antibiotics that tasted worse!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Michelle F. wrote:
I've heard that people spit the "subliva".

Lol Subliva. Whoever coined that term is a genius!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:04 pm 

Read it here couple of years ago TJ..Ilove sayin it though.used it again in group, always gets a laugh... :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:37 pm 

I'm not sure I'm the first person who called it that, but that's what I've called it forever! If my friend calls me while I'm taking my sub I just text "subliva" and she knows.

Amy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:21 am 

That's the first time I noticed that word lol ur right, it's definitely genius!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:31 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I tell people: "Oh, this is just a B-12 sublingual." Unfortunately, I don't know many other sublivians so I tell lies.

I don't mind the taste at all. Besides, it is a small price to pay in the grand scheme.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:48 pm 

That's right!

I should mention that Zubsolv, one of the other products out there tastes so much better, but unless it's preferred by your insurance company, it's probably just as expensive. Plus the films are much easier to taper from because you can cut such small pieces.

Amy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:52 pm 

HaHa! Sublivians! That's another great word! Love,love,love this forum and all the support here!