It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:12 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

so I'm going to make this short because I'm on my phone but I just got out of rehab I was in there for 5 days total I didn't want to go out first but after telling my family how long I've been suffering rather prescribed suboxone I decided to go in any event feeling like crap the whole time I was there I didn't realize that I was successfully detox until after I got home the Dr put me on a medication for only the time I was there called Neltrexone he said in low doses it can actually reset your opiate receptors rather make them more sensitive hoping your detox not hoping but helping withdrawals shortening them drastically and actually making your withdrawals a lot more manageable like I said I didn't really believe it until I got home it was gay sex for me not gay sex but day 6 sorry my phones crazy and I can't delete so anyway for those who want to get off the medicine suboxone it is possible I don't know if I already mentioned but I've been on suboxone for about 5 years and thought I would be a lifer that's not the case I think if you do enough research find all your options and be completely honest with your detox nurses and doctors they can help properly hope you get off of it make sure you ask him about no truck zone not no trucks on but the medication I mentioned earlier trust me it works I didn't feel like posting anything or telling anyone about it but I felt obligated to mention it to my fellow suboxone lifers and othersI may not have used the right terminology or even describe how the medication I mentioned earlier works but I do know that it works for me I feel great and it's only about day 7 or 8 for me good luck to you all...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:50 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm stuck on gay sex.. I think I need to re-read this a few times. BRB.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congrats on your relatively easy detox, so far. Can you tell us a little more? Did you taper down low before going into a detox/ stopping completely? Did they give you any other comfort meds during those few days? Naltrexone can certainly help some, but it's not a magic cure for withdrawals. You likely did a few things right to get lucky.. Would love to hear more!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

tinydancer wrote:
I'm stuck on gay sex.. I think I need to re-read this a few times. BRB.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I was LOL at that! And also the "no truck zone" intended to be naltrexone! :lol: Typing from the phone can present a few funny moments.

As Tiny mentioned, please tell us more.

Karen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

dyac! Roflmao! yea auto correct can be hilarious at times. another member posted a link to damn you auto correct dot com, funny stuff there. to the OP, I'd love to hear more about your detox experience, please elaborate for us. many of us, and especially the members trying to taper, are truly interested

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yeah, I think we all know the feeling of getting out of detox and getting gay sex in a no truck zone. Happens to the best of us.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:11 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

you are too much Romeo, I'll admit it,I just peed a little bit! roflmao :-P

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:36 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I was re reading this thread this morning and was thinking that I hope we ( myself included) didn't offend the OP by having a little fun with his/ her auto correct mishaps.
To the originator of this thread, if you''re
still around, I'd really like to hear more about your detox experience and see how your feeling now that a few more days have passed. certainly everyone here can benefit from any suggestions of how to make detox less uncomfortable. Also I hope we didn't come across as unkind or uninterested. it was all intended in jest, and not to offend you. just having a bit of fun with it. In all reality this is a serious topic we discuss here all the time, so an occasional laugh isn't necessarily a bad thing from time to time, right? :-) I hope you'll come back and let us know how you're doing, and hope you're still doing great.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:02 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

To the original poster I understand what you're tryin to say. And the others weren't trying to be rude they are just trying to help as well. Thank you sharing your info and I understand you to say you have been on sub for 5 years and you went to detox to get off sub and they used nalextrone to get you off and it's working well? If so thank you for that, that provides a lot of info.

I understand autocorrect as I have an iPhone too and it can be a pain!!! I'm constantly correcting it!.

I hope you visit us back and share more of your story, please let us know how you're doing :)

Lots of love
Kady

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:03 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

And Romeo - I loved that little shin dig you posted haha.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Have no fear peeps! If the OP has recently jumped off Suboxone, he/ she will find the humor in everything, even our replies. No one has a healthier sense of humor than a recent Suboxone maintenance drop out. Trust.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:22 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I'm interested also with how it goes,what your level was at during process,etc...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:12 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Como say what?? HAHA!! that's too much haha