It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:30 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hey people. I'm new here and had some questions. I'm not new to forums so I get the rules but you may need to direct me a little, I apologize in advance. I hope this is the right section to post.

Here's my very shortened story. I was bad into pills and my cousin introduced me to suboxone. So far it's been pretty great. What is not so great is getting the stuff. I recently moved to California from CT and lost the connection from my cousin. I would never buy from him but he'd give me some an I'd make it last. I've actually stayed clean! Now in CA I finally found a doctor who is cheap. 150 for first visit an then every 60 days another 75. That is fantastic compared to the other prices I've found. I go in the morning for the first time. I had a few questions. He told me over the phone I'll be put on generic subutex(sorry don't know how to spell it). My question is what is the difference from suboxone. Also does it feel different at all. Another question is how much does it cost per 8mg without insurance. I know the questions are all over the place but any info on it would be great. Thanks
So much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:04 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi metalpunks - Welcome! And congrats to you - you're starting sub legitimately with a doctor who has VERY reasonable prices AND who prescribes generic subutex! I must say, that's a rarity. If I were in your shoes and had to pay cash, I'd consider myself very lucky indeed. Many people who must pay cash pay much more than that. So I'd say from reading other people's costs (mine are covered by insurance), that yours are very reasonable. I'd go so far as to say it's pretty inexpensive compared to some.

Subutex is the same as Suboxone, only without the naloxone. But the naloxone doesn't even get absorbed when taken correctly (sublingually) anyway, so it shouldn't make any difference. Normally the people who are put on subutex are pregnant women or people who are allergic to something in suboxone/naloxone.

For accurate pricing, you can call around to your area pharmacies. Make sure you ask for the generic subutex (name brand subutex is very expensive).

Again, welcome! See ya around the forum.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:35 am 
New Poster
New Poster

hatmaker510 wrote:
Hi metalpunks - Welcome! And congrats to you - you're starting sub legitimately with a doctor who has VERY reasonable prices AND who prescribes generic subutex! I must say, that's a rarity. If I were in your shoes and had to pay cash, I'd consider myself very lucky indeed. Many people who must pay cash pay much more than that. So I'd say from reading other people's costs (mine are covered by insurance), that yours are very reasonable. I'd go so far as to say it's pretty inexpensive compared to some.

Subutex is the same as Suboxone, only without the naloxone. But the naloxone doesn't even get absorbed when taken correctly (sublingually) anyway, so it shouldn't make any difference. Normally the people who are put on subutex are pregnant women or people who are allergic to something in suboxone/naloxone.

For accurate pricing, you can call around to your area pharmacies. Make sure you ask for the generic subutex (name brand subutex is very expensive).

Again, welcome! See ya around the forum.

Thanks for the great welcome. I actually just took my first dose. I saw the doctor today. It was 150 and he gave me a script for 60 subs. He said just call him when I run out. I can make it last about 45 or 50 days. I couldn't believe how much the generic are, 400 or 600 dollars, that's all I heard from the RX all day. Finally I went to onset to go pick some things up and I figured I'd try them just incase. At that point I had given up for today. I had them look at my script(subutex). I ended up getting 60 generic subutex by Roxi for 185 dollars. I couldn't believe it. So go there if you need a cheap script. There is a special discount program they run it through. Just ask for the program they don't normally use. I hope that will help someone who is looking for prices.

As far as how I feel compared to the strips, I feel great. I think i like how this white pill dissolves better. I feel a little drowsy but beyond that I actually feel good. Sometime suboxone strips would make me feel down but these actualy give me a kick. I will admit I felt a little high. Not much but I did. It was nice but honestly I'm glad i don't feel like that all the time anymore.

Anyway I just wanted to update. I feel good and I am happy I finally have subs and don't have to worry about how I'm gonna get them off the street out here. Also I am already going to cut down. Slowly, every month I'll take a bit off until I am totally done. Thanks to whoever made this drug. It's not for eveyone but it works for me. If you are worried about price then you really don't have it in you to get off drugs. Why do I say that? I say it because we all know that our pill or heroin habit is way more expensive then this. I do understand it expensive and some people just can't afford it, like me at one point but honestly just take a couple days and call everywhere an soon you'll find someone willing to help you with your addiction. Good luck

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:51 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well done dude. Looks like you're onto a winner with managing to get on the generic Subutex.

Stick with the doc you've got I say.

And as you've noticed, there's little difference between Suboxone and Subutex, generic or otherwise. If anything, Subutex is a "purer" form of the medication. Some people actually suffer negative effects from the Suboxone. I have my suspicions, after being on both, that the naloxone ..does.. have some mild side effects after you take Suboxone.

It's a shame people have been pushed onto Suboxone, then Suboxone film, when it seems totally unnecessary and potentially more harmful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:10 am 
New Poster
New Poster

tearj3rker wrote:
Well done dude. Looks like you're onto a winner with managing to get on the generic Subutex.

Stick with the doc you've got I say.

And as you've noticed, there's little difference between Suboxone and Subutex, generic or otherwise. If anything, Subutex is a "purer" form of the medication. Some people actually suffer negative effects from the Suboxone. I have my suspicions, after being on both, that the naloxone ..does.. have some mild side effects after you take Suboxone.

It's a shame people have been pushed onto Suboxone, then Suboxone film, when it seems totally unnecessary and potentially more harmful.

So are you on the generic now? I ask because I
wondering how you felt after a month of it.

Ya I guess I'm lucky to find a doc that gives generic. After day two I feel a ton better than when I was taking sub strips. I guess the word is 'pure' like you said. With the strips I would feel down and stressed out wording about my next dose, now I'm more calm and actually want to do things. I've heard a lot of people that say suboxone and subutex is really bad, well I think it's great. I think it even greater that we are trying to help ourselves. We could be it without any help but we all know where that will lead. The best part of all this is having my own doctor to give me my own script. No more worrying if my cousin is out and I have to find it somewhere else.

Also another great thing I've noticed is I'm actually tired when a normal person should be. On suboxone I would stay up till 4 am every night, and have horrible nightmares. I even feel hungry now unlike before when i would never eat. I don't care what anybody says, i know how i felt and how i feel, naloxone messes with you! I honesty cannot wait until I'm totally off of everything. I can't remember what that feels like. Although I am very happy with where I'm at now. Thanks for all the input, have a good night.