It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:22 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello All

I have a prescription for #90 Subutex (Generic Buprenorphine). My normal pharmacy doesn’t have them in and won’t have them for a week or so. Can anyone else recommend a Pharmacy/Drug Store that would most likely carry the Generic Subutex that is relatively decent in price??? Any pharmacy in or around the Pittsburgh area will do. Thanks everyone!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:00 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

i wish i could help more... i get the film strips fill them at rite aide on mcknight road.. will say almost every pharmacy ON MCKNIGHT ROAD (north hills of pgh) seems to carry sub... not surw what area you are in but i guess all you can do is call and see. l

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:41 am 
New Poster
New Poster

im having the same problem myself,im about an hour and a half north of you and noone wants to fill this, its messed up when i can go get dope easier than a legit script, ive heard some places in butler, thats where im headed today, ill let you know

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:36 pm 

Are you in the Hermitage area? I'm just wondering because my dad lives in Greenville. Not that he's a pharmacist, but maybe he knows one that would discuss carrying sub. My dad holds some sort of Rotary governership in that area so he does meet people in lots of different careers.

Amy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:08 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I know it's been a while since this question was posted, but I thought I'd answer anyway in case someone with the same question comes across it later. I began receiving Subutex from my doctor instead of Suboxone when I lost my health insurance because Subutex is hundreds of dollars cheaper. In the beginning I had a hell of a time getting the Subutex prescription filled. I must of tried 25 different pharmacies with no luck. And not only did the pharmacies not have it in Stock, they weren't willing to order it for me either. After searching for what seemed like forever I found one. It's called Express Med Pharmacy and it's located in the medical building next to Ohio Valley Hospital in Kennedy Township. (Kennedy Township is right on the boarder of McKees Rocks.) You would never know it was there because there are no signs for it on the street or on the front of the building. And even though it's located in the building connected to Ohio Valley Hospital it is not affiliated with the hospital. They are reasonably priced too. I pay $158.00 for 60 of 8mg Subutex. Hope this helps somebody out.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:57 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Always befuddles me when pharmacies won't carry buprenorphine (Subutex) but don't hesitate to fill an Rx for Oxycontin 80's, or similar high dosage full agonists.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:09 am 

Docm2, right? Makes no sense!

Melanie, coincidentally I lived in McKees Rocks until I was 6 and we moved to Vermont! I miss homemade pierogies and the old Mancinis bread. It hasn't seemed the same since the fire. :(

Amy