It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:02 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I am a new patient at my suboxone doctors office. At my last appointment he made it very clear that I needed to follow his exact dosing instructions. Even that I take my medication at the exact same times everyday. He said that he would drop me as his patient if I as not doing this. Can he really tell What times during the day that I take it. I usually sleep in so I've gotten onto a pattern of taking my first dose around 2 p.m and my second dose sometime between 8 and 9 p.m. also he gives me 2 8 mg tablets every day but I usually only take 2 mg each dose. If I just keep doing exactly what I'm doing as far as my routine should everything be okay?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:24 pm 

We Heather,
Short answer is no your dr can not tell When exactly yoj are taking your medicine. He/she just woukd like you to follow the program that has een set up for you.
Finding the dose that works best for each person can differ greatly. Maybe tell them the next time you go in that 4mgs a day is holding your cravings at bay. Two tabs or films daily is pretty standard for most docs.
Follow your drs rules and you should have know problem.
Su treatment is a lifesaver, glad you have started up and good luck to you...keep posting...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:36 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The rules sound a bit like overkill... but many people run into trouble after making the decision to dose twice, then three times, then 4 times per day. The FDA recommends dosing once per day... and I think that is the best way to extinguish thoughts about using. But many people prefer to dose twice for the sake of reassurance late in the day. As Razor suggested, there is some treatment value from following the recommendation of your physician, even when the suggestions seem a bit like overkill... I think that it reinforces the idea of saying 'no' to that voice inside that gets us into trouble.