It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: subutex DR in Ky/Va
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:50 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello, I am in desperate need of another doctor. I just applied to the naabt.org patient physician matchup and waiting for responses....here is my story summed up...I was initially on suboxone, after 2mths I was having really bad headaches, to the point that I was nauseous....I was eating my stomach up with motrin, due to trying to cut out the headaches that the suboxone was giving me....I noticed swelling in my hands and ankles so bad that I couldnt even put my shoes on or wear my rings, kinda blew it off as "a woman thing" and kept taking the suboxone....Im not a complainer, so I let this go for about 2mths, till I couldnt bear with it anymore....I was staying aggitated all the time, to the point that neither me, nor my dog could stand myself, lol....I talked to my doctor about "could this suboxone be causing this"....he immediately said that I probably was having a sensitivity to the naloxone in the suboxone and switched me to subutex.....the difference was almost immediately that I could tell....I woke up the next morning, lil headache but none like I was having....after couple of days of being on subutex, I didnt have any swelling, headaches or agitation.....this medication has given me my life back....the only problem now is that my doctor up and retired....I had to find another doctor and of course, he put me on suboxone film, said lets try these now....same ole sideeffects and IM MISERABLE....wish I could take the strips, I much prefer them as far as taste and dissolving time as the subutex, but IM MISERABLE AGAIN....I really dont wanna relapse and Im afraid if I dont get back on the subutex and quit having these headaches that I will possible relapse.....I am willing to travel out of state....if anyone can gie me a name of a physician that is so caring about this, I would greatly appreciate it.....Hope u all have a blessed day!....thanks, Tee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm sorry you are having a rough time. Have you told your new Dr that you are having the same side effects again? If you haven't already you could bring your records from your old to Dr to the new Dr. I do not know of any Drs in the states you asked about but you could just start calling sub Drs in your area, explain your situation and that you need to be prescribed Subutex.

I hope you find help soon, don't give up!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:44 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

thank you for replying...I did tell him that, he was very harsh and said "it creates too much diverson and the only way I will write subutex is if your pregnant"....than they proceed to say something bout the DEA regulations, blah blah blah bullshit, which cannot be found anywhere on the internet that the DEA is regulating any doctor against subutex as opposed to suboxone....Im so frustrated with this...I even brought to him my drug screens that were clean and he basically is one of them that is like "give me the money and NEXT"...or so that is the impression I get anyways...hes writing out the suboxone script as he only ask "how you doing" but really he is not wanting to listen to anything you have to say...he is like "there isnt enough naloxone in there that should be causing those kind of symptoms" and Im like "I know my body, I know what I feel"...but its no use....I am so willing to travel out of state now....do u know of a doctor in another state? other than KY or Va? If so I would greatly appreciate any help you could give me...thanks so much, Tee

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:43 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Sorry to hear you are having those side effects. When i first started taking suboxone I would get a really bad headache but it only lasted a few days. I live in Atlanta and out of all the people i know on maintenance, half of them are on suboxone and the other half subutex, so it’s not so uncommon to get prescribed it here. My doctor gave me subutex temporarily while I was switching insurances because of the price, the only thing he wanted to know if I ever shot up when I was using. I think that most doctors say that they only prescribe it to pregnant woman because they aren't completely sure how honest you are about abusing it or so you stop asking. It's extremely unfortunate you're having these consequences so these doctors don't have to spend an extra couple of minutes doing paper work.

Post subject: Naloxone problems
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:51 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I have had people tell me, that they had problems with the naloxone in suboxone.

Some say to use the strips as directed, but do not swallow any of the saliva, but after 15-30 minutes of swishing the saliva around (which allows sufficient time for the buprenorphine to absorb), they spit out the saliva. Apprently from what I hear, that the naloxone has less BA in the mouth vs. stomach.

Seems like many of the doctors in the last few years are not prescribing as much of the subutek as suboxone,
of course the potential for abuse is much higher with the subutek, and therefore endagers the doctors license.

Post subject: Re: subutex DR in Ky/Va
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:54 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

New river treatment center in galax va is always taking new patients. 16 bucks a day