It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Subutex to suboxone?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:28 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I saw my sub doc today. He told me that he had a meeting a couple of weeks ago regarding the use of subutex vs suboxone in the state of Virginia. Apparently, a bill is going to be passed stating sub docs can ONLY prescribe subutex for pregnant patients only. Even if a patient has an intolerance or allergy to naloxone.....doesn't matter. I'm a little nervous. I've been on subutex for 2 years. What do you all think? Will I feel a difference?

Post subject: Re: Subutex to suboxone?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:44 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Don't worry, you will be fine. I personally feel brand name suboxone is stronger,therefore don't need as much.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:59 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sweetie15 wrote:
I saw my sub doc today. He told me that he had a meeting a couple of weeks ago regarding the use of subutex vs suboxone in the state of Virginia. Apparently, a bill is going to be passed stating sub docs can ONLY prescribe subutex for pregnant patients only. Even if a patient has an intolerance or allergy to naloxone.....doesn't matter. I'm a little nervous. I've been on subutex for 2 years. What do you all think? Will I feel a difference?

Our moron politicians up to their old tricks. What would we do without them? Who cares if a few more skeezy addicts go back to opiates and end up dead? They probably weren't voters anyway.

As to your question Sweetie15, pugmom has it right. It's the buprenorphine that does all the good stuff, and
a few mgs of naloxone plus or minus doesn't interfere. You'll do just as well I'm sure.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:15 am 

I agree with the others also. I know there's some ppl actually allergic to naloxone but it's pretty rare imo. I think some ppl are convinced that plain buprenorphine is better for them than buprenorphine with naloxone. It is all pretty much the same. I wouldn't trade the strips for plain bup, like u I'd be worried about change. That's what we do lol we worry that what's worked so far and if we change it'll mess things up.

Try not to worry, you'll be ok no matter what. I totally understand why ur nervous about it because I hate change too but I think you'll see that there's really no difference between the two imo.