It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Subutex horror
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:59 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey everyone. I am a long time subutex addict. 6-7 years. Started with suboxone,and my doc switched me to subutex about 4 years ago. 12-16mg a day. I get 60 pills a month,with 1 refill .My insurance pays ,and my copay is $10 for 60-8mg pills. I am very worried about Obamacare ,and what it may do to my plan ,but I really want off of this bad . Very depressed,always sweating,gained 80 lbs,anti-social,chronic fatigue,insomnia (I can rarely sleep more than 5 hrs.) Anyone else out there in this type of nightmare ? I am in my 40's Married w/ 3 kids. I am in Sofla. I hate it so much down here.

Post subject: Re: Subutex horror
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:58 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Have you tried to taper your dose down closer to 8mg? A lot people who lower their dose find they feel better, less side effects, on a lower dose.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:21 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you for reply. I am trying to taper to 8 mg now. I was just outside doing yardwork ,and I almost fainted. It is still 85* and very humid here. My doc wants to keep me on this for life ,but I know I have to get this poison out of me. I have been down to 8 mg before ,but when things would flare up with my marriage, financial troubles, I would use more like a crutch.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yeah, using Suboxone to "help" you through rough patches is addict behavior, which I'm sure you know. Learning to deal with our addiction, and the behaviors associated with it, in a healthy way is very hard at times. Have you considered working with an addiction counselor to try and learn some better coping techniques when stressful times hit? Many of us here have spent time with an addiction counselor, I know I sure have. Some of the issues you mentioned you're having could be more a result of your addiction rather than Suboxone, but it's pretty hard for me to tell over the internet. :)

How did you feel while on 8mg of Suboxone? Did some of the issues you spoke about in your first post subside?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:10 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yes ,I have gone through many. The real thing is ,I am the one who has to make it happen. When I see my addiction therapist( once every 2-3 months),I am always afraid to say I want to stop ,for fear of them cutting my script down. Reading this forum the past few days has set me off,and I am committed to kicking altogether.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yes, you're certainly right, your addiction counselor can only help you to a point, after that, you have to do the work. It's like the old adage about leading a horse to water.

I think I read in another thread that you want to be off Suboxone by New Years Day. That is possible, but that would also mean a very rapid taper and not everyone is cut out for such a fast taper. Just wanted to mention that to ya.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:56 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Romeo wrote:
Yes, you're certainly right, your addiction counselor can only help you to a point, after that, you have to do the work. It's like the old adage about leading a horse to water.

I think I read in another thread that you want to be off Suboxone by New Years Day. That is possible, but that would also mean a very rapid taper and not everyone is cut out for such a fast taper. Just wanted to mention that to ya.

Ok ,then I will say,I guess that I won't shoot for that date,as I am a very ,very bad detoxer. I had a friend that I used to party with ,and whenever we would try to kick together ,he was always much stronger than me,he would be eating ,laughing ,and watching TV,while I could not do anything but stay in fetal position,and have freak attacks,and panic ,and wig out. Ok ,so I guess ,I will just have to be patient ,and vigilant and maybe I will be able to be clean by next spring? Thank you .