It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:44 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I have a scheduled c section in 11 days and i have been on 24mg of subutex the entire pregnancy which was prescribed by a dr. And I have been monitored by my obgyn.so far the baby looks great n my pregnancy has been healthy. One concern i have is pain management. My sub dr told me to stop my subutex three days before my c section so the pain meds will work but i know how long it takes for subs to fully leave our receptors and im not confident 3 days is going to do anything. I know the subs dont effect the spinal but im looking for someone who has been through my situation to explain exactly what they did for pain and what i can expect. Im really nervous. I want to enjoy my new baby boy, not be in horrible pain.. Im sooo scared the baby will experience withdraw but from what i read there is no way to know.. evry baby is differant all i can do is pray he is healthy and wd free. PLEASE ..ANY INSIGHT OR ADVISE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED..THANKS

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:07 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

kburgess wrote:
I have a scheduled c section in 11 days and i have been on 24mg of subutex the entire pregnancy which was prescribed by a dr. And I have been monitored by my obgyn.so far the baby looks great n my pregnancy has been healthy. One concern i have is pain management. My sub dr told me to stop my subutex three days before my c section so the pain meds will work but i know how long it takes for subs to fully leave our receptors and im not confident 3 days is going to do anything. I know the subs dont effect the spinal but im looking for someone who has been through my situation to explain exactly what they did for pain and what i can expect. Im really nervous. I want to enjoy my new baby boy, not be in horrible pain.. Im sooo scared the baby will experience withdraw but from what i read there is no way to know.. evry baby is differant all i can do is pray he is healthy and wd free. PLEASE ..ANY INSIGHT OR ADVISE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED..THANKS

Congratulations on your pregnancy. I'm not sure about the 3 days. I've never had a baby while on Sub but ,I do know that I had surgery while on Sub and was told to stop taking the Sub 3 days before also. I felt absolutely nothing from the pain relievers I received after Surgery I just took Advil and went back on Sub. It was a Hysterectomy I had. I've heard that Fentanyl is the only drug that will override Sub. You may need to ask about that.

Your baby will be fine. Although you are on a very high dose the higher the dose the expectant mom is on the greater the rick of withdrawals for the baby. If he or she does have withdrawals the Dr's will be able to make her comfortable. Don't worry because you don't need to stress about worry. There are many moms on this forum who have had beautiful healthy babies while on sub.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome to the forum kburgess, and congratulations on your soon to be expected baby boy! Here is Dr. Junig's blog on pregnancy while on subs. Reading these blog entries will not only help you out by giving you the knowledge you need while going through this, but also the emotional aspects of delivering a baby on sub.

http://suboxonetalkzone.com/category/pregnancy/