It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:38 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I posted this in another threa. Im wondering how many people are on a combo of medicine of Sub and opiates. Before finding my current pain management doctor, I was in pure agony. I was taking Percocet and Tramadol. I ended up having a grandmal seizure from the Tramadol and the Percocet alone didn't help me. That doc then wanted to move me up to Fentanyl. I was not comfortable in taking that step and he wouldn't give me any other options. He actually told me its either the fentanyl patch or be discharged. So I left.
I found my current pain management doctor who has me on a combination of Subutex and Oxycodone. At first I thought it wouldnt work. They didn't work when I took them separately but I was pleasantly surprised. With this combo I have no euphoria feeling, I'm completely clear headed and the pain relief is wonderful.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:36 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Liz

I am a chronic pain patient and none of the doctors in my area will even write a script for subutex. I think if it works for your pain & you feel clear headed that's wonderful! No one understands chronic pain unless you suffer from it.

Since i abused my pain meds i went to a regular sub doctor after the pain mgmt doctor couldn't understand How i could be in pain with the opiates i was on.

So far suboxone has taken care of my physical pain pretty well. I take smaller & more frequent doses.

Do you live in the States? Just wondering because i don't know of any doctors in my area that would do that & I live 40 minutes outside of NYC. Or maybe i just never found one LOL

Hope you get more replies because i know there are many people with pain here.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yes I live in North Carolina. He's one of the few doctors who seem to believe that it works. He's got about 10 other patients at his practice on a combo like myself who are benefiting from it. I wish more docs would do it. It really helps.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:59 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hey, im in a similar situation and believe me, i really feel for you. On some days my pain has made me wish that i would just die. Ive gone through many painful procedures and finally resigned myself to living a life with pain pills which of course stopped working. Then it was the mind games with my pain doc who could not fathom the degree of my pain. Then came the worries about "will i have enough meds to knock out my pain? Will she refill them or will i have to go cold turkey until i see her? Will she just cut me off again?". I went to my trusted osychiatrist, the only truly wonderful doc i have ever had, explained my situation and asked if suboxone could help me...my husband has similar issues with pain and i saw suboxone change his life, so i was hopeful. I am on day 3 of my suboxone treatment and pain wise, this is the best i have felt in 3 years! On a psycholgical level, i feel great as well, no more worry over pain pills and im no longer forced to deal with a pain doc with serious empathy issues. I had mentioned suboxone to this pain doc who literally laughed, said that NO ONE takes suboxone for pain and pretty much looked at me like i was requesting pure heroin and then demanded that i pee in a cup. Yeah, im grateful to be free of that. So far, suboxone has been a godsend in releiving my pain and im hoping that it continues to be effective.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:56 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

neo felis wrote:
Hey, im in a similar situation and believe me, i really feel for you. On some days my pain has made me wish that i would just die. Ive gone through many painful procedures and finally resigned myself to living a life with pain pills which of course stopped working. Then it was the mind games with my pain doc who could not fathom the degree of my pain. Then came the worries about "will i have enough meds to knock out my pain? Will she refill them or will i have to go cold turkey until i see her? Will she just cut me off again?". I went to my trusted osychiatrist, the only truly wonderful doc i have ever had, explained my situation and asked if suboxone could help me...my husband has similar issues with pain and i saw suboxone change his life, so i was hopeful. I am on day 3 of my suboxone treatment and pain wise, this is the best i have felt in 3 years! On a psycholgical level, i feel great as well, no more worry over pain pills and im no longer forced to deal with a pain doc with serious empathy issues. I had mentioned suboxone to this pain doc who literally laughed, said that NO ONE takes suboxone for pain and pretty much looked at me like i was requesting pure heroin and then demanded that i pee in a cup. Yeah, im grateful to be free of that. So far, suboxone has been a godsend in releiving my pain and im hoping that it continues to be effective.

when I ist started taking the suboxone strips, that's how I felt, no pain & was so happy. I had energy and wasn't even thinking about taking a pain med. but that all changed when my ins co denied the suboxone strips and I had to switch to a generic pill form. ever since, ive been miserable. now I regret even going on this suboxone. I cant just deal w/ the pain. I can barley move b/c my neck hurts so bad and im getting even worse headaches than I was before :(

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:50 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

neo felis wrote:

That's how I started on Subxone. My original pain doctor did the same thing. He said no one takes it for chronic pain, they just take it for opiate withdrawal. I tried showing him all the stuff I found saying how helpful it was but he still wouldn't prescribe it. He wanted me on Fentanyl. That's when I took matters into my own hands and started calling around to pain management providers asking if they prescribe Subutex or Subxon. Finally found 1in ny area, he believes in many out of the box approaches and he literally told me at my last appointment on Monday that even though its kinda out there it is helping my pain and that's what is most important. Been with this doctor since August and I couldn't be happier.