It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Is it fair to make someone that isn't preg stop taking subutex? ?
Poll ended at Sun May 04, 2014 1:34 am
1.No 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
2.Yes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
3.Fair 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1
 Post subject: subutex and new meds
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:34 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Im still doing subutex due to the screw up either with dr or pharmacy but I was rediagnosed at my mental health facility since the age of 13 so the new diagnosis is depression, anxiety, ocd, post partum depression basically still bi polar but I'm no doctor go figure but they put me on this medicine called risperdal and for anxiety hyroxicine I've been taking it now for a couple of days and its whopping my butt lol it's keeping me calm but droggy like a zombie and that I cant stand I like to be energetic especially having a one year old to chase around and adding the red bulls this med just slows me down long story short is risperdal a bad med to mix with subutex?!? Dr appointment tomorrow hopefully he will know my answer :?: :?

Post subject: Re: subutex and new meds
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:55 pm 

I'm a little bit confused about why/when you are being taken off subutex. Do they want to switch you to a formula with the naloxone since you aren't pregnant anymore? If you were on sub for addiction when you were pregnant, why don't they know that you are still an addict? Why would they take you off?

I'm sorry that your meds are being messed with, especially since you're dealing with postpartum depression!

Amy

Post subject: Re: subutex and new meds
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:10 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I may be misunderstanding the post, Amy-- I don't see that she is stopping buprenorphine, but rather has added risperidone and hydroxyzine...(?)

Risperidone (brand name Risperdal) is a potent mood stabilizer/antipsychotic. It does not 'interact' with buprenorphine, but some people on buprenorphine feel a little sedated-- and in those cases, the sedation from risperidone would add on, and worsen that. Hydroxyzine is also very sedating; it is commonly used as a non-addictive sleep med. There is always that balance, with anxiety... to reduce the 'activation' a person feels, and help the person relax, without making the person overly sleepy. You might be on a dose of risperidone higher than you need-- but ask your doc to help sort that out!

Good luck--

J