It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:47 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So I have been on 1 strip of suboxone for two years and long story short this past August I had a subtalar joint fusion on my ankle. I told my sub doc and so the plan was to take three strips a day starting the day of/after surgery. Well I didn't have any problems and it worked. I took Tylenol also and a half strip every 3 to 4 hours and I only did it for about 4 days then I decided I didn't need that much and started lowering. I was scared shitless before surgery bc I didn't think the subs would touch the pain and the anesthesiologists didn't think it would work either. Well it did and the only pain I really had was a headache on third day after surgery. The pain wasn't bad at all and I know everybody is different. I just wanted to share this with everyone. My doc is out of the question when is comes to taking any narcotics. His plan worked and he said that all his other patients it worked for too. I really have a lot of trust in my doc. And I am now on my regular dose. Oh and I also had a nerve block that lasted 24 hours.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:04 pm 

That's really awesome news Kbot! It's cool u shared that with us because there's been a lot of ppl worry themselves pretty bad over this topic. I had some dental work done in office a few yrs ago and didn't expect it to be as bad as what it was until the dentist was done. I had bone exposure with quiet a bit of stiches (I know not as major as urs lol...just sharing). Afterwards my dentist said I'd need more pain medicine than he regularly prescribed after it was over but I chose to just take a little bit extra of my suboxone and it totally worked fine. I had pain, but nothing I couldn't handle and it was just a few days.

Thanks for sharing ur story, I hope it really helps someone!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:33 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yeah before I had my surgery I went on this site and didn't really find nothing. I was so worried about my pain. I read so many posts on here but they was mostly about stop taking the subs for two weeks and taking something else and that alone scared me.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Kbot and thank you for sharing your story. I have had a lot of surgerys in the past. My ankle and heal bone is also fused together. Anyway I have been on Suboxone for only 6 months but it's great to know I could actually STAY ON the Suboxone as most Dr.s who aren't educated want a person to come off Suboxone. I would just stay on as you did. My Dr., Suboxone Dr. that is, is good about treating pain with the use of Suboxone. A patient of his had to get injections in his wrist. This was a very painful experience for him and our Suboxone Dr. suggested he take and extra strip a couple of times a day as needed. The Dr. who did the injections wrote him a script for Norco's. Another uneducated Dr. ? Idk, but he ended up controlling his pain just fine by increasing his Suboxone for a few days, Just like Jennjenn. Needless to say he threw away the Norco script he never got filled. I know his story well because he is the one who got me going to the Dr. I go to to get my Suboxone. We are always comparing our stories. I also told him about this forum. I really hope he joins one day. Very good stuff you posted Kbot. Thank you.