It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:04 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I was first put on subsolv, (5.2 mg) it seemed to help for about a month, then became ineffective. My doctor switched me to suboxone 8.2mg tablets. Everyone in the area I live has/had never heard of subsolv. Is it that uncommon, I do live in a rather small town in Missouri so not sure.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:48 pm 

Analyse,

Subsolv is fairly common in major cities here in the USA. It has better absorption than Suboxone so the 5.2 mg dose should have been sufficient for you. But you know your body better than anyone else so who's to say?

My guess is Buprenorphine products are going the way of generics sooner or later so we'll all be dealing with differents manufacturers in the long run.

I have not had Subsolv so I'll let the others speak about its efficacy.

Welcome to the forum!

rule

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:37 pm 

Ive never heard of subzlov either, but what i think you are talking about as Rule has said is a Buprenorphine product called Zubslov. .
Zubslov is fairly new in the bupe world, just over a year.
The lower dosages are there because the absorption rate is higher. Less med means less side effcts as being the most benefit.
Its hard to know just why this med became ineffective for you. Everyone s rate of metabolism is a bit different plus the rate of absorbtion or how you ve takin it.

But really at this point it shouldnt matter now that you ve moved on to Suboxone. Both meds have the same effect and tbe same active ingredients. Buprenorphine /naloxone. .so your good.

No cravings..no WD....

Razor..

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:03 pm 

Yeah I think ur meaning zubsolve too. A lot of ppl on this forum take it and it is like most anything else, some ppl like it some ppl don't but it's basically still the same either way. It's like some of us prefer strips to the tablet or sub generics.....imo it's all the same just different manufacturers. But some ppl think different types work better for them and I get that. Like the others said, at least u are on bupe treatment and that's the main thing.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:44 pm 

I think you are all talking about Zubsolv! I know that's the correct spelling because I looked at my prescription. :) I find it effective, although I did go from 1 two mg strip of sub to 1.5 pills of zubsolv. So, a little bit more than what was supposed to be equivalent to 2 mg.

Amy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:14 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have heard of it only because my insurance will not cover suboxone and will only cover zubsolv. Until then, I only knew of regular old suboxone. After discussing my insurance problems with my doctor, she claimed that even a small fluctuation in dosages can make a difference with people even though the bioavailability is supposed to be better. I asked if it was worth giving it a try and she said not to fix something that isnt broken since I have been doing well on the strips of suboxone. Apparently she never prescribes it. I guess it all depends on one's body. Glad the suboxone is working for you! :)

-B