It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: My subs questions...
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:17 am 
New Poster
New Poster

When I fisrt started suboxone I was taking 1/4 and was feeling so good almost high, nodding and all. Now I take half and am barely good. Can I repeat subonxe evey 6 hours or will I be wasting that repeated dose? Another thing when I first start subs if I dont wait at least 24 hors im very sick with pcw for 24hors, now when am I able to reapeat the subs after pcw? Any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:06 pm 

I'm not sure that I really know how to advise you and maybe I don't know what exactly you're asking.

Are you asking how to use suboxone so that you can chase that "almost high" feeling? Why are you taking sub in the first place? Is it a stop-gap measure for in between using, or are you wanting to work on a program of recovery?

As for avoiding precipitated withdrawal, the length of time you wait until you can dose with sub varies depending on what drugs you are coming off of. So, for example, you would need to wait longer to take the sub if you were using an extended release drug, like Oxycontin, than if you were taking percocet. The longer of a half-life the opiate has, the longer you have to wait before taking the sub. Does that make sense?

Sub is designed so that it reaches a certain level in the brain, and you have steady relief from withdrawal, cravings, etc. It's not meant for the roller coaster effect of getting high and then coming back down.

In order to be of more help, we really need to know more about your drug past and present. 6 mg of sub may be enough for you to feel "normal" (not high). Or you may need a higher dose. Just remember, if you're taking more and more sub expecting a high, it's not going to happen.

I don't really understand your last question. I hope you can give us enough information to be of more help to you.

Amy