It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:02 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I am trying to get off of dope with subutex 8mg, I am prescribed from a doctor and waiting to hear back from him right now.
I tried a few days ago to kick. waited 12 hrs took 4mg and didnt help throughout a 24 hr period I ended up taking 20 mg with absolutely no withdrawl relief. Subs have always worked in the past, Im scared. What should I do?
Please, please help

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

HI jameson!!!

Im sorry your struggling with your induction.........
Id love to help, but need a lil more information.

So, when you say you tried a few days ago, did you do more dope since then?? Just asking, if so you definitely need to wait 12-24 hours before you try induction again.

And, maybe you should try a starting dose of 8mg, instead of 4. if your indeed doing heroin, then your tolerance is gonna be pretty high, so that requires more bupe to ease wd symptoms.

AND, for ME, just in my case.....
I didnt know what to 'expect' from the bupe, I started with suboxone. what Im trying to say is, I didnt really think it was working either. It took 24mg, over the course of 4 hours before I felt ANY relief, and even then, I still 'kicked' I dont care what anybody says.
I was coming off a SKY high dose of methadone, and other shit of course too.
I waited about 20 hours. Even after the 24mg of suboxone, I still had aching/stiff/restless legs (im sure you know the feeling) still felt like my body was in a pressure cooker.
Yes, it did help a lil, made it JUST ABOUT bearable, THANKFULLY.
but it definitely was not "easy"

so I dont know if maybe your setting the 'bar' to high, but you say you've used subutex previously too, so you should already know that.
Anyways, Im not gonna harp on you for anything, I just asked a few questions cuz Im trying to help. Thats all :wink:

I HOPE you can make this work, Im hoping your already feeling better!!!

I'll be around tonight, so I'll check this later,
untill then ,
GOOD LUCK :wink: :wink: :wink:

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:07 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yeah, you might need to get your tolerance down before you get relief from Sub. We've had quite a few members who had a difficult transition from high doses of heroin or methadone to sub. Sometimes it will take a week or two before you really feel ok.

-Jack Kornfield

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:49 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yes what happened is I started dosing the bupe after around 10-12 hrs of not using dope. It didnt help at all, it was literally like kicking cold turkey and I know from past experience that sub helps alot more then that, at least it always had for me.
So after 24 hrs of suffering, dying in my bed, I ended up using again just to get the withdrawls to go away, I havent been getting high because of the 20 mg roughly of sub I ended up eating during the 24 hrs I tried to kick, it just made the withdrawls go away. So I am waiting till this coming monday to see my sub doctor and figure out what the deal is and what to do. Did I take the sub too soon? I wasnt super sick when I took it, and within 30 minutes believe the sub made me much sicker. I think what I need to do is stop using the dope again this time wait 24 hrs and try taking my sub again, maybe this time it will work. All I know is I have been using for several months this relapse with the thought in the back of my mind, I will be able to get on subs and it will be a piece of cake like it always had been in the past and it hasnt been working out that way this time and Im terrified. I mean I hear about people having several gram a day habits of heroin and having much relief from even a small dose of sub, so whats the deal? I have been using a half to a little under a gram a day for several months, but mainly around a half a gram a day.

I don't believe I'm setting the bar to high, I am pretty familiar with subs and have had close to as bad of habits before and even less sub than what I am prescribed now did way more then its doing now. I mean I ate 2 and a half 8mg tablets and it literally felt like I never took anything, I remember times in the past when I was in detox taking 2-4mg and feeling like superman within an hour so something just isnt right. I really hope I did something wrong because if not then im in for a real hell of a kick. So ya I am basically maintain using right now until I figure out what went wrong and what to do this time. What I experienced I am not trying to experience again unless I ABSOLUTLEY have to. lol.
So what do you guys think is the problem? Did I take the sub too soon? once i took all 20 mg over the course of 8-12 hrs I started using dope again just to get rid of the withdrawls. I gave the sub a chance and once it didnt help I was not about to just suffer I took about as much as I could. What do you guys think??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sounds like you took it too soon and got precipitated withdrawal for sure. Especially since you felt worse after taking the sub. Don't worry it doesn't sound like the sub is not working. Wait longer but remember it's not the amount of time, it's the degree of withdrawal you feel which needs to be mild to moderate. Also, once you feel you have waited long enough, test it out with like a 1 or 2 mg piece of sub and wait an hour to see what happens and go from there.

Good luck

Gb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:33 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks glen u gave me some hope!!! Thank u.
I thought I was screwed. So I waited 10-12 hrs the first time
I thought I was in mild withdrawl then, guess i have just been being a sissy.
My hair was standing up, goosebumps, pupils big etc.
I think alot of it that time was in my head tho and I hadn't waited Long enough.
I'm gonna give it another go and this time hope it works out I want back on my subs more then
Anything anymore!!

thank u j

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:12 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hi Jameson, i too have experienced precipated withdrawl from taking suboxone during my induction and i can totally relate with you the fear and frustration of this happenning again! That w/d was the worst I had ever experienced and it seemed like it came on all at once. I look back now and realize that it was my fault this happpened to me because (as usual) i thought i knew better than everyone else. I have since changed my way of thinking! I would definately follow glen bee's advice and hopefully by now you are feeling much better!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:41 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Try to clock up 24 hours next time.

While you may have been in mild withdrawal, you must still have had enough heroin floating around your body for the Sub to precipitate some withdrawal... and that may have been of a similar intensity to the withdrawal you were experiencing before you took it. Precipitated withdrawal can be nasty and shake up the system enough that it lingers for a lil while. However, it ..should.. have gradually resolved over the next 24 hours. The only thing that can make it worse in the long run is taking more heroin.

If you do experience precipitated withdrawal again, don't try and take heroin to ease its symptoms as this will just delay your successful induction. If you can find valium or some kind of benzo to ease the symptoms go with that, and as your body excretes the remaining heroin the Sub can replace it on your receptors and relief will come gradually.

Quote:
if your indeed doing heroin, then your tolerance is gonna be pretty high, so that requires more bupe to ease wd symptoms.

I don't understand this idea. I've known people whose drug of choice was Oxy who asked me for help to get heroin when they couldn't find Oxy... and they needed pretty high doses of heroin to keep them out of withdrawals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:54 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I am a bit worried to start sub for a couple reasons mainly one.
The last 3 times I have tried to quit dope and start my sub I believe I took it too soon.
I am afraid that if I wait longer and take it correctly this time its not going to have any effect on me and I am going to be stuck dope sick like I have been the last 3 times. I am hoping this is just fear and that If I wait long enough before I take it, it will actually really help???
I really am sick of this using lifestyle and REALLY want to start taking my medication. Do you think if I wait long enough and take my sub it will give me relief of my withdrawl and I wont be stuck in bed with chills and goosebumps, sweating etc etc?
I am prescribed 3 8's a day to start out on and am doing .5 to a gram a day currently will I still be sick or should that amount of sub really help me?? please someone fill me in thanks