It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: 2 Subs Left
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:02 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello all! I came here last year, but I just wasn't ready to quit Suboxone. I was afraid of the withdrawals, and what my mind would do to me. I've been cutting back more and more. Though it seems like when I get a brand new one, I take more than when I've used the same strip/pill for several days. The strips were lasting my husband & I about 8-9 days between the two of us. What that means for how much I was taking, I don't know. But this last time I got a round pill that's much harder to break.

Anyway, we have 2 left. And then we want to be done completely. We are so sick of the way it makes us feel. We're thankful for it, for getting us clean and able to live a great life. But it makes us tired, no sex drive, constipated (TMI), and I find that I'm bloated most of the time. I've also gained a lot of weight on it. About 30lbs. I have a 2 and a half year old, lost all of my pregnancy weight, and gained it all back due to Suboxone. I could be wrong, but I eat very healthily.

I guess this is an introduction post. I hope to be able to come here when I do get off, and experience the awful withdrawals.

Thanks for reading!

Post subject: Re: 2 Subs Left
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:24 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Thanks for sharing the beginning to your journey off subs. I am happy to report that you will very likely rid yourself of all those terrible side effects within a month of getting off. I had back pain, constipation, severe anxiety, sleep problems, GI problems, heart palpitations, and on and on and on. I would go to doctor after doctor to try and find out what was wrong with me. But it was drugs and suboxone the entire time! All these medical issues have been gone for several months now.

Goodluck, and know that the withdrawal is truly a very small price to pay to get over to this side of the fence. My only regret is not suffering through it sooner. It sucks while you're going through it, but it becomes like a rebirth on the other side and makes the gift of being drug free that much sweeter.

keep us updated on your day to day experience. It will not only make you feel better to get it out and write it down, but you will help others reading here too.

Post subject: Re: 2 Subs Left
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:52 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

You can do it. But I would want to know where I was in dose amount. I would try to wean down to at least0 .5. It can be done on higher dose, just more prolonged w/d. But you 2 mabee luck and have no to minimal w/d. It is very individual ized.

DB