It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: subs are wild?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:56 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

ok, so i started my so called "induction" yesterday and want to know if anyone else ever had this happen to them.
I took 2 mg after waiting 50+ hours from no methadone (30mg) and I started to feel my stomach un-knot, so my dr gave me another 4 mg, and that's when i started to get a headache, feeling better only from withdrawals, BUT I had one hell of a night feeling like shit, haven't vomited that much since 2-c P, and I felt soo much better in withdrawals than on suboxone (it only seems to help my legs and stomach, but make me not even want to move, I haven't moved my spot in ). I don't want to put it like this, but I kind of don't even want anything to do with subs anymore, it seems to make me sick before my w/d's are fully completely held off, and I will not take more than 4mg because I know I will get sick, so any tips or fun facts for me? :D!!!!!!!

* also, I feel way better the next morning after taking the dose, today (day 2) I didn't take more than 4mg, and I am sort of relieved, but at the same time I feel terrible which I know is not any sort of "more intense" w/d, i think I would have been screaming and crying to have it end now, but should I even continue suboxone? I am seeing the dr EARLY tmo morning, but I just wanted to know if anyone else had this experience when starting/using suboxone (could it be side effects?. some type of weird P/W's? hopefully someone out there has a reasonable answer and no, I did not EVER feel a high from methadone...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It sounds like precipitated withdrawal. The first day of switching from methadone to Suboxone is always a bit painful, even if they've had a 2 day window. A small degree of precipitated withdrawal I've found is unavoidable. But in your case, it sounded more intense than I experienced it. For me it was uncomfortable, and I definitely couldn't leave the house I felt that jittery and ugh. But I wasn't puking my guts up. Then again, that was never one of my bad w/d symptoms.

The 2nd day is always much better, as you've experienced.

It may be too late, but something my doc did was he induced me on Subutex for the first 2-3 days, then switched me to Suboxone. He said patients who were put on Subutex first seemed to have a smoother transition.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:20 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

now, is it strange if I feel MUCH better the day after, when I do not take a dose of suboxone?

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:21 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Also I also went from methadone to suboxone. My dr. gave me a week on a weaker and short half life opiate to let the methadone leave my body. It's likely that after two days yo have methadone in your receptors. Give it more time and I am sure you will get better. I'm a week into it and can tell you it does get better each day. The first 3 days were definitely rough but the reward is worth it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

the weird part is, i never vomited once from withdrawal either, but the weirder part is, I'm the first one to complain about being sick to my clinic, and "a bunch" of people did the transfer "without" problems, not I don't know if I just metablize the meth slow, or as said above, that some type of pw is un-avoidable

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:27 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

(my bad for so many posts with new shit im remembering) but, I do not feel like I am in WD, just really sick, (I can sleep a little, no anxiety, just BAD chills/hot flashes, and a headache, ONLY for about 12 hours after my doses (give or take a few hours, but I just started too so who knows)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:28 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

hmmm...I have hears that some people have an allergic reaction to the naloxone sometimes that causes nausea/vomiting. Do you swallow the excess spit or spit it out when your done. Apparently the naloxone can be pretty much avoided entirely if you spit out the excess. I do this anyway because the taste makes me gag.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:31 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

(I can sleep a little, no anxiety, just BAD chills/hot flashes, and a headache, ONLY for about 12 hours after my doses (give or take a few hours, but I just started too so who knows)

Oh well with that I can say that I felt identical. Only had one headache, but the rest, ya that's right on how I felt until probably day 4. That's when I started to really feel good on the subs and started to level out. Just my personal experience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:34 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

something really funny about that, In my dr's office, my mouth was filling up with spit so I tried to ask the Dr that I had a full mouth of spit, and down the chute it goes. I do ask him right after if it was ok, then he gives me the whole " IF YOU DO ANYTHING BESIDES HAVE IT UNDER YOUR TOUNGE, YOU WILL GO INTO IMMEDIATE W/D" but that was the "test" dose (first 2 mg pill) and I felt better/the same/headache if that somehow makes sense? but right now I am not feeling the jumping out of skin feeling I get from wd (usually first feeling to start my game off)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:37 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ill talk to my dr tmo on what he thinks, I think I just want a reason to stop the subs, but who knows, not glad to see you felt similar, but I am glad to see I am not alone

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:42 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

You should definitlye tell your dr. even mention that you kind of doubt the subs. I hope you give them a chance because they have done so much for me in such a short period of time. No matter how crummy you feel it cant be worse than what MMT is like. Without subs you would have to taper of the methadone. I don't know if you have gotten low before (around 20mg or less) but I have and let me tell you it is hell! I sure dn't miss waking up early every day and driving to a clinic, wait in line, UA, all that...Weigh your options and compare pros and cons. I have to see my dr. on Monday as well and there is some stuff that I really am hesitant to discuss with him but I am going to just do it and see what happens. Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Precipitated withdrawals should make you ill almost right away. Dr. Junig simply recommends that you continue to take your suboxone every day as prescribed and you will begin to feel better every day (assuming that's what you've been experiencing, and I'm not convinced it is). It sounds like perhaps you haven't been taking your suboxone each day, so you might not have enough in your system and are back in (regular) withdrawals.

But definitely speak to your doctor about it and see what s/he tells you. Good luck figuring it out. I hope you give suboxone a chance and you get stable so you get to see how it can help you.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:15 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

If you're not ready for Suboxone, I wouldn't beat yourself up about it. You're not alone. Plenty of people out there choose methadone over Suboxone. They're just not at a stage of having the things stillprodigy said as priorities. Some people still value / cherish the methadone feel too much, and feel too exposed / naked on Suboxone. Given you've got a picture of a mound of heroin in your avatar on a recovery forum... is not the best sign! :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:41 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

i started on 34 mg just because of 80 to 100mg oxycontin medication. i also think if you took a lot more" you
would have felt a lot better and voided the precipitated w/d. do to the med being much stronger and faster" you would
have over come any of that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:30 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I have to agree with tearj3rker,

If you are not ready to make the switch then you definitely should talk to your doctor about the problems you have been having.

I know that when I am afraid of change I get a lot of anxiety and I can make up a lot of excuses why I should or should not be doing things the way I should be.

Also when I was (medicating myself) with M.D. and then switched to a proper treatment with a Dr. and Subs. I had a lot of methadone in my system and waited six days before I started my subs and even then I got P/W.

It did take a couple days but when the subs kicked in I felt better than I have in years. It is nice to feel like myself again. It’s kind of funny but I almost forgot what it was like to feel like ME.

Hang in there and whichever treatment programs you choice I wish you luck and hope you’re feeling better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

sorry". if i were in your place' i would not have taken more suboxone. i was thinking wrong :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:04 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

weird, everytime I took 6mg+ I would throw up (even 100+ hours from last mmt dose) but I am gonna talk about it with my counselor and dr about which road is best to take (for me), but I def agree that one should only switch their maintenance drug, if they seriously want to, otherwise no point (8 days into mmt w/d and I only have hot/cold flashes, a bubbly stomach, and insomnia. if anyone else relates to having light mmt w/d's compared to their doc, leme know, 1year in mmt)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:09 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

it sounds like you could be allergic to the naloxone....like one of the other posters said, try spitting when you take your dose and see if it helps. i have heard the switch from methadone to subs is rough and they have worked for a lot of people in regards to that switch but you have to give it time (this is from what i have heard).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:15 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

StillProdigy wrote:
Also I also went from methadone to suboxone. My dr. gave me a week on a weaker and short half life opiate to let the methadone leave my body. It's likely that after two days yo have methadone in your receptors. Give it more time and I am sure you will get better. I'm a week into it and can tell you it does get better each day. The first 3 days were definitely rough but the reward is worth it.

I am sort of surprised that more Drs. do not give a week of short lasting weak opiates for Methadone to Sub users. I guess its because of the relapse potential. Wouldn't there be a way to be able to make it a daily pickup?

I have no experience with methadone, in fact, I do not believe I ever took it. I did use lots of poppy pods, which is similar in half life. I would always taper myself off of poppy pods (with poppy pods) and found that it was easiest when I was able to get some codeine or tramadol too switch too before the jump. Tapering with poppy pods is hard because of the dose inconsistency, so you have to take big drops to make sure you are actually cutting your dose down.