It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:30 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I am 100% clean and sober for 303 days, but I kicked in a hospital, no subs, and a 15 year habit. If you love the person you are dealing with, then hospitalize them and just let the doc's do their work. This is strictly my personal opinion, and I understand if others do not agree. I do have multiple college degree's and one is in Psychological Addiction Therapy. I know that means absolutely nothing, but i know what worked for me and it WAS NOT SUBOXONE.

(Content edited by moderator for violating terms of membership and making outrageous claims.)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:00 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It's nice that you have an opinion...and that you are so inclined to present it..but why here? and why now? I'm just curious, what do you have to gain from telling others, who have had their lives saved by this "substitute" as you call it?
Did you read any of the taper threads here, or just you just finish registering your nick and immediately go to "create new topic"?? There's plenty of information here of successful tapers, and people have been clean much longer than you without relapse...

It's just getting real old that people who choose this method, (it's a choice, not for ANYONE but us to make) get nagged on by the NA crowd. I get so frustrated when I read the same thing over and over...if I'm not doing it the NA WAY..then I'm not really clean. If I don't do abstinence, then I'm not serious about my disease...blah blah blah. Is the focus on saving lives, or is the focus on spreading rumors and lies about this miracle in modern medicine? Are people really jealous that we are able to work on our fucked-up past and mend some of the damage we've done, and still be able to function, without having to have a sponsor sit and watch you 24-7? It just seems a little bit odd to me that every where you turn, you have someone who's trying to tell us, the addicts who put ourselves here, how we should do what we've been doing, and how we are CURRENTLY doing it the wrong way when it's been working fine for XX amount of time.

I'm sorry if this comes across as blunt, but you had to know you were coming to a pro-Suboxone website and your main goal in posting this in the "induction" area was to be controversial, RIGHT? I mean, you had to see the big paragraph when you first open this site about the "ONLY RULES HERE"...true? If not, let me oblige you with that piece of information:

• This forum is for people who have made their choice whether it be for Suboxone, for Methadone, or for meetings and no medication. While I recognize that some readers are not yet at the end of that choosing process, I ask that they read the information and make their decision without encouraging debate on the forum.
  • PLEASE Do not get into debating which is better-- such debates never change minds, and often introduce false information that clouds intelligent decision-making.
  • Show the respect for the decisions of others and avoid personal attacks.

So, your title of this thread,

SUBS ARE THE _____, ________ OF OUR TIME

is doing nothing but proving the second point to be true:
  • PLEASE Do not get into debating which is better-- such debates never change minds, and often introduce false information that clouds intelligent decision-making

Please, stop introducing your false information (SUBS ARE THE DEVIL), and trying to cloud someone's decision to SAVE THEIR OWN LIFE. If you're purpose is to tell about how you got clean, there's a calmer, LESS OFFENSIVE way to tell it, and you are in the wrong area for that.
try...

why-the-anger-f35.html

or this one:

addiction-story-f4.html

(edited to coincide with mod edit)

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

Last edited by jonathanm1978 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:30 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hey twisted you left out the part about who " pays " for your plan and what happens with ones already made commitments in life like a job or family .... Your one plan fits all sounds as silly as Obama care ( sorry Obama lovers ) ... Suboxone is a private method and should stay a private method .... You must like everyone knowing your business , you probably believe its for the better good . I hope you do realize they didn't delete your post , if things were on the other foot you would have deleted the pro Suboxone post , I just know it !

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:32 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well.....
I know what worked for ME and it definitely WAS Suboxone!

Everyone is different and your experience is not necessarily the experience of others.

Karen

Hey Karen, I took out your quote of the banned material.
Amy :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:03 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey there! I have multiple degrees too! I've got a B.A. and an Associates. My husband has a Masters. And we STILL take sub!

had to edit this post: Didn't make me look very smart now did it!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

LOL....good job with the title change Amy!!!!! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

qhorsegal2 wrote:
LOL....good job with the title change Amy!!!!! :lol:

DITTO!!! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:36 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I didn't know when I replied that this person had 2 other posts that almost said the exact same thing said here in this post...or I would've just reported it without commenting...
At any rate, I edited my post to reflect the change of thread title.

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:39 pm 

Thanks, Jonathan! :)

Amy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

twistedbydesign wrote:
I am 100% clean and sober for 303 days, but I kicked in a hospital, no subs, and a 15 year habit. If you love the person you are dealing with, then hospitalize them and just let the doc's do their work. This is strictly my personal opinion, and I understand if others do not agree. I do have multiple college degree's and one is in Psychological Addiction Therapy. I know that means absolutely nothing, but i know what worked for me and it WAS NOT SUBOXONE.

(Content edited by moderator for violating terms of membership and making outrageous claims.)

twistedbydesign wrote:
I have been a junkie for 15 years, kicked habits numerous times, but in my personal opinion, and this is an opinion, I think subs are the methadone of the 2000's. If you really want to stop shooting dope than just don't fckn do it. I know my opinion is looked down upon, but I personally feel that if you just don't shoot dope, eat pills, or just fucking stop it tends to be easier. I know it does not mean shit but I am 6 months clean and, in my opinion, it's easier to not listen to the shrinks.......how 'bout this???

Hmm... 6 months clean or 303 days clean? I'm guessing math was left out of your curriculum, but what do I know, I don't have any degrees.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

HAHAHAHAHA.....BOOM!

Your AWESOME Tiny!!! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:57 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Quote:
Psychological Addiction Therapy

Never heard anyone use that term before. Anywhere. Ever. Are you a Psy.D? That could account for the 'psychological' and 'therapy' parts. Are you a LCSW or LICSW or LADC or LAC or LPCC or LPC? Those could account for the 'therapy' and 'addiction' parts.

I'd say this is TOTAL BS, but the sad, sad fact of the mater is that there ARE Psychologists, Therapists and Addiction counselors out there in active practice who feel the same way you do. Some of them even Rx Suboxone.

540 Greenhaven Road #201|Anoka, MN 55303
(763)250.0702
http://www.facebook.com/TpnServiceCompanies
Person-centered counseling, education, advocacy, referral services and assessments.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:55 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

What gets me is when someone swears by the doctors that are the legalized drug dealers that are putting most of us in these situations.....Just think about it, how many doctors do you know of that instead of running a test or prescribing an alternative drug, would just rather give you a handful of pain pills instead then shake their head when you get addicted because the 1000's that they gave you got you addicted....
My mother in law (may she rest in peace) had a doctor that would write her anything in the world. At one point she was taking Dilaudid, Klonzepam, Neurontin, AND Soma's. The month before she passed they were writing her Fentanyl patches, Percocet tablets, AND Lortab Liquid (kinda like cough syrup, but just the Lortab). There is no reasoning behind her having that much drugs prescribed to someone that didn't take half of them to begin with. They would write one and then find something else that worked together, and she honestly thought that it was what she was supposed to do until her bipolar kicked in and flushed them all. Before she was on Dilaudid, they had her on FIVE methadone's a day. I don't know the dosage, that was before I became so pill savvy.
These so called doctors that brought you to your soberness are nothing more than legalized drug dealers. I hate to break it to you, but they are making money whether they get you clean or keep you hooked. Most of them and I say most because they aren't all this way, don't care about their patients. They know that if their patients keep taking the pills, they are still making money. I am sure that you are still going to a doctor for some reason, or some counselor, someone is making some money in this.
Suboxone saved my life, along with my husband backing me up with support. It is so irritating when someone swoops in and thinks that their lovely doctors are much better than what I am doing or what most of us on this board are doing.