It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:38 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

All

I would first of all like to thank who ever (sorry did not do much research on who created this site) created this site. I would also like to introduce my self and give you a brief history of me and what I thought at the time was my "normal" life. It all started about 6 years ago when I had surgery on my thumb to repair a tendon that have been severed while working on my car. I had a constant supply of vicodin. This slowly (but surely I might add) progressed from the vicodins to percoset to Oxycontin to dilaudid to eating fentanyl patches and finally to the big H. Well for about the last 6 months or so (well until the last 2 weeks anyway) I had slowly worked my way up to about an 8 ball or some very good H every 4 - 5 days (sniffed). For the last two or so weeks I have been buying off the street some 8 milligram suboxones' and taking three a day (at 15$ a piece). One in the morning, one at about 2 and another about 8 - 9PM. My question is I have setup an appointment to see a suboxone doctor to try and stay off the H by legally getting the suboxones. I know I am through the detox part (well the worst physical part anyways, the mental depression and lack of sleep suck) but I also know that I have detoxed before and went right back to it. Seeing as most people need to go into the doc's office in semi withdrawal (sweats, dilated pupils and just general flu like symptoms), will the docs actually prescribe to me or actually tell me to go use again and then come back when in withdrawals so that they can gauge how suboxone to give me. I know that 3 8 MG's a day work and does not get me high. It just makes me feel normal. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Raptorman660r

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:37 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I suppose it will depend on the doc to some extent. I am getting more and more people coming in for Suboxone treatment who are already taking it from the street. I think it is silly to make a person go into withdrawal just to prove something-- and it really doesn't tell anything that is necessary or even useful.

I would not, though, prescribe more than two tabs per day; I would also strongly encourage you to take them both in the morning. The reasons are related to the way the drug works; taking more than necessary is related to the nature of opiate dependence and being an addict.

Buprenorphine reaches a ceiling effect at a low number of milligrams. It is used in the OR as a pain med in microgram doses, and there is a skin patch in the UK that releases 5-20 MICROGRAMS of buprenorphine per hour... so even 8 mg, or 8000 micrograms, is a huge dose of buprenorphine. The reason Suboxone eliminates cravings is because you are taking a very dose that is on the flat part of the dose/response 'curve', so that lower blood levels do not cause lower opiate effects and cravings.

If you take bupe wrong, the blood level won't be as high as it could be... go to my blog suboxonetalkzone.com and search for 'optimizing absorption' and you will see some tips to get it into your system more efficiently. If you do that, you will find that one or two tabs of Suboxone are plenty, and more doses don't add more effect.

There are more reasons for limiting the dose; there is way to much diversion going on that threatens to cause greater regulation and reduced access to buprenorphine. Plus, when you take very high doses of bupe you start to get an antagonist effect that results in LOWER opiate effects.

If you need treatment for pain you may contact my office if you cannot find anyone locally. Reach me at info@subox.info.