It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:38 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I am taking suboxone now. legal. i have a script for zubsolv. legal. my question is if i dont use insurance can i fill the zubsolv now? i want it for backup. the last zubsolv rx was filled around 10/6. the zubsolv rx says dispense 30 days after last dispensed. the suboxone was dispensed 11/3. thank.s

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:59 pm 

Hi Lucy,

If it were me I wouldn't take the chance. There is list that the doctors get every month to monitor their patients narcotic use. If they see you are trying to get more than prescribed it could get you in trouble.

The best way to stockpile Sub is to take a little less everyday and put it away. Believe it or not, it's not that hard to do. But I guess it does depend on how much you are taking.

Welcome to our forum!

Rule

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:22 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You would not get away with it in Wisconsin--- thanks to the state drug database that follows EVERY controlled substance dispensed in WI and any other state. My understanding is that there are as of now 49 states included in a similar system, with cross-checks between states. I suppose you might be the one out of 50, but...

You're likely to end up with NO scripts for buprenorphine if you do something like you are suggesting. Just know the rules and follow them... what's the reason for a back-up? Is you doctor close to retirement, or are you doing things that are not on the 'approved behaviors' list?

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:47 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

been on subx for well over a year now. its not working. i am switching to zubsolv. hoping to wean soon. very angry that 1) got addicted and 2) have to be on anything. :cry:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:49 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

also........all i hear about at my treatment center is all the suboxone illegal drug abuse going on, but i cant find illegal suboxone ANYWHERE!

i am starting to think that all of it is hype.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:43 pm 

Why are you looking for "illegal Suboxone"? Just read all the tapering threads here and you'll have a good idea on how to stop taking it. Some love it, others hate it. Then we have members who loved it for over 5 years but then stopped because they knew it was time.

The one thing you don't want to do is stop when you are still craving opiates. My suggestion is to stay on Suboxone until you are absolutely sure you can successfully taper and stop. Too many people have relapsed and died because they didn't want to be on it.

Be careful Lucy, be very careful.

rule