It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:09 pm 
And like i've said from the beginning, YOUR A FREAKIN SUB HATER AND I KNEW IT FROM THE START!! Now you have finally shown your true colors. End of story and problem solved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:46 pm 
moving along, for anyone else that wants to reduce their withdrawal let me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:01 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Name calling is NOT allowed (it falls under personal attacks). Please keep this in mind when you post. If anyone has questions about this thread, please PM a moderator.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:39 am 
ya'll need help and i hope you get it.... i came on here simply to provide a few tricks to beat the withdrawal and get chewed out by some dummy . in the meantime, im going to go enjoy my life which doesn't include taking any orange pills or zombie-like activities

ofcourse I am going to say you need to take more then your prescribed to alleviate w/d symptoms! you think one .25 mg klonopin is going to do a damn thing do you!? so go whine to your moderators cause i posted something that would actually help... i think you all just WANT to be dependent your entire life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:12 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

miragextazy, we have all been trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here but this is really just uncalled-for. You can't be calling people "retard" and equating Suboxone treatment with "zombie-like activites." You need to stop.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject: scared off.....
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:56 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

I debated saying any more on this subject but it has bothered me... a lot...and I'm not quite sure why. I'll try to make sense of what I am feeling about this...it's not quite formulated, I apologize.
When I post I try to just keep to my own story, be honest about what I'm doing and offer a solution that has worked for me. Thats just me, and I am not saying anyone else should do it that way. That said, there is nothing wrong with miragextazy posting his story, and what he did that helped him in w/d. That was the thread, after all....stopping suboxone. What I was responding to when I posted to him "you were drunk?" and "consider the source" was more about being irresponsible with the information he was offering. I am not trying to be offensive and I know people will be in varying states of "clean-ness" if you will. Some are serious about recovery, some are not. Some aren't sure. That's ok. It's a process and each has to find his or her own way. For those of us who want support we can find it here. There is a lot of good research posted and this site has helped me immensely be successful in my switch from MMT to BMT. I am thankful for that. However, had I read these posts on this thread when I first came on the site..how that thread was written and the subsequent bickering, the name calling...all those things that do nothing to add value to the site...I probably wouldn't have joined. It would have scared me off. And it would have been my loss. Truly. It was apparent the posts were going downhill quickly so I guess I'm asking that maybe a moderator intervene a little sooner?? Maybe that isn't necessary. I'm not sure. I'm not being critical of the moderators just that I believe we need to keep the forum safe for new people and people who want to join but have been afraid to. Maybe safe isn't the right word...professional, above board, you know what I mean I hope. I believe, based on what I've read, that many of us are really grateful for Sub and we want to educate others (lay people, and medical and mental health professionals, the judicial system) about the treatment, the disease...in order to make all of our lives better. I think if we remain rational and thoughtful about what we say and post we can achieve this. There are a lot of us, and change occurs in numbers. I'm not trying to be all kumby-ya, can't we all just get along...I'm saying we are more effective when we present united and respectful.

I'm not sure what I am trying to say here exactly...but when I first got on the site it seemed like a pretty professional site with mature responses and a lot of help. I don't expect everyone to be in perfect recovery, I'm not saying that. I have no problem at all with people telling their story, keeping it about them and offering solutions. People will be high when reading and posting...no doubt....but maybe its kind of like at a meeting when they say if you have used today please just listen. I know, I can't control that and I am not trying to. I just found myself responding to what I believe were mirageztazy's irresponsible posts...the reason I believe they were irresponsible is how the information was provided ( take all these different meds and you will be better and he said it over and over) and for people trying to figure out what the right thing to do for themselves that kind of info seemed on a very slippery slope of addict thinking. I also felt it was shoved down our throats. Of course we as adults can weed that out of a post and find a message that works for us. My greatest fear in miragextazy's postings is that we take all of this into our own hands, with our own thinking...which got us all here by the way....and in my opinion having our doctor directing our care is a better alternative than us directing our own care. Finding the right dr??? well, that is a different thread. Not always an easy thing I'm hearing.

Personally, I'd hate to see mirageztazy "run off" because he was posting his story....but I feel he didn't just post his story....and that's obvious by the responses he received. I hate to see anyone run off the forum because of their opinion, or an opinion that is different. We are here to gather as much information as we can on our disease process and what we can do to remain stable in a recovery from it or what we can do when we decide to stop taking sub or methadone or whatever. How we maintain our recovery is our choice and I respect that in everyone. But there are a lot of really sick people who come on here, sick in their addictions, looking for help and so I would hope that those here who have stable recovery will help maintain the integrity of this forum...keeping information accurate and hopefully helping others who are still suffering.
Thanks....Chinagirl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:26 pm 
Chinagirl:

I absolutely love what the way you make your post!! For me, im just different and when i see something i find inappropriate im gonna say something and it may not come out how i mean it but i do the best i can. I totally get what your saying but when someone comes on here with a certain attitude toward suboxone and somewhat pushin their taper method upon people, i cant just sit their an not say nothing. I can and will admit, i may have overreacted to a degree but i still feel the exact same as i did when he first posted. He may be here to tell people how to get off suboxone but his attitude is, nobody should be taking suboxone and people should get the hell off of suboxone as he said. That attitude strikes a nerve with me so again forgive me for not responding appropriately. I only call it like i see it. An i clearly believe i called it on point with this. Didnt approach it correctly but i feel he was not sincere with what he is saying. If it were up to him, his post would say, "everybody needs to get the hell off suboxone" and thats the attitude he had in every post therfore just getting under my skin. I never once said anything out of the way to this guy. I simply called it like i saw it as i said. So, sorry if i offended anyone but so many of these sub haters come on here sending the wrong message and it gets annoying after awhile. I have seen a few post that seemd sub hater like in this past couple weeks and this one just pushed me over the line. So i apologize if i was out of line.

Post subject: Good job, people
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

miragextazy = flamer

Hey guys, I know this person is behaving insanely annoying and very ignorant, but try to not let him bug you too much because I'm pretty sure that's exactly what he's trying to do. He's so angry AND he's getting drunk. Not sure he's in the best place in life. He's certainly not making a very good case for the wonderful things that happen when you get off of Sub!! How ironic that he's on here drunk preaching about how everyone should be getting off Sub. And the people who are on maintenance Sub and are getting home from their healthy/productive lives at work or school are supposed to get on here and read this drunk guy's post and realize they are on the wrong path?!!! :lol:

You people are all so intelligent and well-spoken. It's pretty remarkable. I absolutely dare anyone to try to find another Sub forum that comes anywhere close to this one. We are all in different situations, yet, in general, the people who post on here consistently keep it informative and polite. I think that's what everyone was reacting to: the rudeness of this person's posts. It always ruffles my feathers when people aren't nice to such nice people. Bad manners don't fit on this forum. That's for sure.

Happy Holidays Everyone!
laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:40 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Oh boy...Lifesaver, my post was not to indirectly tell you that I was offended by you...You have every right to say what you want. If I was offended by you I would have just come out and said that, probably in a PM, tho! I think that if we post something and are afraid of offending someone then maybe we should step back, reread, and rewrite it...but if we are satisfied about the way we post and what we say, then that post that is your perogative. I've spent years in my addiction being a part of the problem. For me now, I would like to be a part of the solution...that's all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:48 pm 
Chinagirl i wasnt thinking that. I was just explaining myself to you so you could understand why i responded the way i did and to tell you that im just being honest by all the comments i've posted on here. We are all kool and i do like the way you post. I wish i had that kind of niceness about me. I do in real life but on here im able to speak my mind so sometimes i may come across the wrong way online. But everything is kool. I wasnt thinking that you were offended. I just like to try an explain myself when necessary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:21 pm 
Romeo wrote:
I find it intersting how most of the sub haters that have visited the forum lately are fresh off of sub. They made the decision to quit and are now going through withdrawal and I believe that has a lot to do with their all over the map attitudes. There's a certain I'm better than you attitude that comes oozing out of their posts.

Unfortunately, I found myself in the same boat as these folks when I quit. I was mad at sub and the mis-information surrounding it. I didn't do my homework as far as sub was concerned. I thought it would magically eliminate my addiction and I would never have to go through withdrawal from it. I was mad at anyone who was still on sub because I was JEALOUS of them...here I had to go through wd and these people are still on sub. Part of it was me wanting to 'save' everybody from the mis-information about sub, but MOST of my feelings were due to JEALOUSY. In my screwed up little brain, if I was going to quit sub...everybody should.

Thank God I had the presence of mind to keep my big damn mouth shut when I first found this forum. Instead of sending offensive messages, I read first. Imagine that, I tried to educate myself better about sub and in the process I realized what a horses ass I had been for hating sub...it saved me. How in the hell could I be so mad at something that just saved me...because I had to go through wd...Boo fucking Hoo...it was worth it and I'd do it all over again the exact same way if I had to.

Hopefully, as your recovery proceeds, you will have the same change of heart that I did.

Sincerely,

Romeo (I'm a former sub hater who finally pulled my head out of his butt and saw the light. BTW, it took both hands and a John Deere tractor, but it finally popped loose)

dam killer post.

Post subject: Stopped 2 weeks ago
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:15 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I read your post and I would have to agree that saunas, and hot showers DEFINITELY help. I've also been taking very minor amounts of xanax just to sleep at night. I tapered down to 2mg's of sub before I quit and in my experience the benzos are the only thing that really quell the restless leg nonsense and wd anxiety. So far this plan is working well but I've been getting extremely anxious at work and I'm wondering how long this will last. I've been on sub quite a long time (2 + years). In my line of work I can't go popping xanax all day but any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks from a newbie!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:37 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Sean and welcome,

Would it be possible for you to get some Clonidine? That's very helpful for withdrawals - better than benzos - it's like the gold standard treatment for opiate withdrawals, so to speak. Just wanted to mention that and welcome you to the forum. :)

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:07 am 
New Poster
New Poster

hatmaker510 wrote:
Hi Sean and welcome,

Would it be possible for you to get some Clonidine? That's very helpful for withdrawals - better than benzos - it's like the gold standard treatment for opiate withdrawals, so to speak. Just wanted to mention that and welcome you to the forum. :)

My doc gave me Seroquel yesterday lol. It was my family doc and I know he is clueless when it comes to addiction. I took the seroquel before bed and I think it actually did help me sleep for a bit longer (accompanied with many vivid dreams. I got back to work tomorrow and I still feel like death but I guess when it comes down to it, time is really the only thing that will end the wd symptoms in total.

Thanks again!