It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:39 pm 
If you can't find it my original posts, just start a daily ritual of taking l-tyramine (1000-1500mg) vitamin b12, a full spectrum multivitamin) and melatonin. Klonopin are awesome and not habit forming.... if you are afraid of getting dependent get something called "buspirol" or "vistaril". just avoid xanax at all costs.

seroquel is helpful for getting sleep.... i took a entire pill and accidentally slept 30 hours, lol.

After you get past the first week its mostly fatigue.... if you can get your doctor to write you low dosage prescriptions for nuvidril (kind of like adderall, but you dont get a rush/high) even caffeine will do the trick.r

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:21 pm 
By the way, so no one takes "some" of the false information in your post, klonopin(a benzodiazapine) is habit forming. Just clarifying. Their is other stuff in your post that is only your "opinion" and not fact so people reading it should believe what they feel to be correct. Thanks!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:32 pm 
Let me get this straight so im not confused anymore. You said you got off suboxone this time, with hardly any problems???? Just curious

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Suboxone Addiction?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:28 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have been addicted to opiates for decades too, over 30 years. Suboxone has really been great for me as well. My insurance only allows 3 months. If they dont extend I will pay cash for a month then the Doc can say I relapsed, WTF ever. Anyway, I witnessed first hand someone very close going through Sub withdrawl and she was not heavy user at all. She stepped off at half a mil, then went through hell for a couple months. I hear its worste then methadone, which is bad (speaking first hand experience, two months off methadone still had ad withdrawls). I am going to try the very gradual wean off method. Didn't read the liquid post but assume its common sense and reduction in micrograms or less if possible. Anyone ever been on suboxone that has stopped who can give first hand information/advise. My Dr. and others I have been to believe what they read. NO ONE absolutely NO ONE can give you advise without the experience needed. Thank God for forums like this. Wanna take lessons for anything from someone who has never done it? Pack your own parachute then, Anything for that matter. thanks all for sharing. it helps us all. My plan is drop gradually till 2mg then gradually reduce over a period of couple years. Has anyone done gradual without pain? Thanks again.

b....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:52 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yes, there are lots of stories of people who've properly tapered down into the micrograms and did so with little to no pain. Definitely read that liquid taper thread. It's the story of Diary of a Quitter's taper as well as some others. Diary is still around here and perhaps she will weigh in here for you. It CAN be done and although the horror stories say it's worse than full agonists, those are only the horror stories and I believe NOT the majority. Good luck with your taper!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject: Startin my Taper
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:35 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I'm a 52 yr old man. I've been a heroin addict since my teens. I first started using heroin at the ripe old age of 14 yrs old. During these past yrs I was able to put together 19 yrs of being cleam/sober. In 2005 I underwent a major back surgery. The inflamation made so I had to go on major pain meds to wait for the inflam issue to be resolved so I could go ahead with the operation. Anyweay oiperation was a success but so was my addiction. This lasted almost 6 yrs. During these 6yrs I enrolled myself into detoxes,tc,jauil,psy wards all to try to keep me from me. I gave away my bussines, family, cars, everything worth while was GONE. At this point I had A 2 gram of heroin a day habit, 10/15 xanax, plus I was hitting 9 Doctors weekly. This was a full time job. No days off, no sick days,no pay, as a matter of fact I poaid to work. If u have puemonia u have walking puenmonia beause when that shit comes a screaming ur ass is going to march!!! Luckily, I found a clinical suboxone study. This study consisted of 16mg daily. I was paid $3500 over a period of 6mths. At the end of this I enrolled in a Implant whiuch dispersed 32mgs of syuboxone daily. When this was taken out I went oin maint at the tune of 60 per mth. 16mg daily. Thius makes it a total of almost 3yrs of ingesting this BS. I must tell you that I needed all the help and time I could get. It truly saved my life. I'm very grateful. I always said that once I get my act back together I'll taper off. Well, I've done just that. I got myself together...BIG TIME. I have bussiness which I love. I own my oiwn home (Paid cash) and I wasn't in any hurry to start this process. So this being said I went to the pharm to get my monthly script cahed and I was informed that this was my last script. Anyway, I know it's time...It's past due. I feel that when you have alot of wreakage hanging over your head it makes detoxing that much much more intense. I must tell you I am already experiencing some anxiety but I realize by reading your posts that there is life after subox. I've made up my mind that I'm going to journal this process and post it.So folks keep me in your prayers...Mark

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:30 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

In re: Suboxone, I fully admit that Sub was tons better than taking full-agonist opiates every day. i abused opiates continuously and could never make my script last as long as it was supposed to. I found Sub and felt "normal" for the first time in ages. After 3 years of being on it, I felt like it was time to get off. I tried to taper on my own, but I always went back up on my dosage when I started feeling withdrawal. I tried and tried, and couldn't past feeling bad. I finally went into a 30 day inpatient treatment center where I was tapered. I had PAWS for about 6 weeks total. I'm at 8 weeks now and I finally feel better! I attend NA meetings regularly. I want to encourage people to use Sub if they are abusing opiates and need a normal life. I also want people to be aware that it isn't a cake walk to come off of ( what is?). Information is power. Good luck to all- :D