It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:11 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

John I really like your posts, Im in a simaliar situation. Been on sub for a couple years and now am taking tapering very serious. To me Sub is a great drug but it still is a drug and I cant wait and know i will get to the point of never having to stress about when and how to get off. Seems the best way is to taper, taper and taper some more. I also have read almost nothing but horror stories of withdrawls, yours was honest and gave me some inspiration to be done.No it is not a cake walk but for me reading successful stories are way more helpful as long as they are honest which yours is. Im at 1mg a day and will continue to taper and mentally prepare myself for the final jump. To me there is know way I can live relying on sub for good. So the sooner the better. This has taught me very good lessons and i am confident I will prevail. There is no option as far as i am concerned. You posted your journey and it is yours alone, I dont get the hate about your post, but it helps me. Again I say sub is a GREAT TOOL, and that is it. Hope to hear from you again. wish I could have some more info via pm or whatever with you. My biggest problem is I am single and really dont have anyone to confide in but that will not stop me no matter what. Thanks again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:09 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

John,

Great posts...you're just being honest with how you feel and no one should get all bent out of shape about that. How bout an update?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:49 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

deleted

Last edited by johnsubs on Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:58 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

deleted

Last edited by johnsubs on Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:15 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

John,

Another good post man. I shot you an email...not sure i fyou check those but we seem pretty similar.

Did you do any counseling or anything? You say you never think about taking subs....did you handle the mental part on your own or what? I haven't done any counseling yet (been on subs 1.5 years...down to .5 mg a day). So I wanted to know your thoughts on that.

I love that you talk about leaving the house and not worrying about having some pills on you. Damnit I want that.

Doug

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:32 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

deleted

Last edited by johnsubs on Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:54 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

John, I really hope you don't develop any new medical problems in your life that require daily medications. Or perhaps, you may want to consider that, like the millions upon millions of other people out there, you too may again one day have to "remember to pack your [insert medication here], and also have to remember that your supply is getting low and you need to call your doc for a new script." There are millions of people on blood pressure, heart, seizure, sugar, water or other medications that just like you state, have to just deal with it. Oh sure, you can just skip your blood pressure or many other medications for a week and not much of anything will happen. Just try that with a water pill, breathing medication, heart-rate medication, or seizure medication and you can very well end up in the emergency department because can't breath, your heart is pounding a mile a minute or you have a seizure because you didn't take your medication. That, my friend, is life. It's great you are free from Suboxone. But the unfortunate odds are that at some point in your life you will again be dependant on a pill - whether you like it or not. That's just the way it is.

I for the life of me just can't understand why having to take Suboxone and plan for it, refill it, etc. is such a huge issue and more over how it is any different than any other medication. That is just daily life for many, many people. Sure, they don't have to take Suboxone, but there are well over 2,500 other "common" medications that may one day be needed. Suboxone is just one of them.

Post subject: Yes...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:34 pm 
Amen, brother 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:18 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I'm glad other people are seeing this guys stories.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:17 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Like I said before John, your post have been exactly what I have been looking for. We think the same way about this. Im not angry I just want it to not be part of my life anymore. Everyone is different. But the things you were saying about now being at a point not having to think about it etc is exactly what Im am looking for. I would go into to more detail but you covered it. Im jealous of you situation but I will be there soon enough. I feel good about being stable at .75-.5 mg a day. This one LONG hard journey Im and ready to be over. Ronnie why so angry with the attacks and blah blah stuff. Everyone is different and he stated more than once that was his deal which is like mine and more people here. We all should try to help not rip on each other. I wish I new more about the sub before I started. I would have been done along time ago. It def works and does it's job. I do believe it is a tool and a good one but it is an opiate and I for 1 don't want to rely on them ever again. It is a mental battle for me and it will make me stronger, it already has. I was getting so tired of thinking about it from the time i wake up and all day. Now keeping more active and other things it is getting less and less. It is a relief to see some light and I cant wait for the day when I can post similiar to Johns about not having to worry about running low etc. I always thought that if I had them I would take them, now I will keep the remainder because I feel it's easier to stop knowing I have some than jumping and have 0. Thats my mental thing, it has worked with other things and i know it a good thing for me. K Im done yapping now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:25 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

John,

Thanks for the response...funny how worked up some of these guys are getting about little things you're saying. Shit some of us look forward to not having a little orange pill in our wallet and having to break off a peice of it and let it absorb in the middle of the work day. Why is that so hard on some of you? Don't bother to respond..just stop reading John's thread for F''s sake.

Yeah I can't wait ot not deal with my doc anymore either.... i think i'm getting close to jump time. I need to wait for the slow part of my work year which is coming up in February (i'm in medical sales and year end is obvsiously busy). I'll take a week or so off and then ease back into it. I think i know some of the little side effects you're talking about. Being on sub isn't that bad but i'm not completely normal. So how quick did your sex drive come back? My girlfriend needs to know:)

Only other question I have is how quickly did you feel socially functional? I mean from a mood and energy perspective. I know the physical symptoms have some impact on this but how quick were you feeling like talking to people and stuff?

Doug

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:28 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey nosub...let me know when you jump...maybe we'll jump at the same time...

Post subject: donh
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:12 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

donh wrote:
John, I really hope you don't develop any new medical problems in your life that require daily medications. Or perhaps, you may want to consider that, like the millions upon millions of other people out there, you too may again one day have to "remember to pack your [insert medication here], and also have to remember that your supply is getting low and you need to call your doc for a new script." There are millions of people on blood pressure, heart, seizure, sugar, water or other medications that just like you state, have to just deal with it. Oh sure, you can just skip your blood pressure or many other medications for a week and not much of anything will happen. Just try that with a water pill, breathing medication, heart-rate medication, or seizure medication and you can very well end up in the emergency department because can't breath, your heart is pounding a mile a minute or you have a seizure because you didn't take your medication. That, my friend, is life. It's great you are free from Suboxone. But the unfortunate odds are that at some point in your life you will again be dependant on a pill - whether you like it or not. That's just the way it is.

I for the life of me just can't understand why having to take Suboxone and plan for it, refill it, etc. is such a huge issue and more over how it is any different than any other medication. That is just daily life for many, many people. Sure, they don't have to take Suboxone, but there are well over 2,500 other "common" medications that may one day be needed. Suboxone is just one of them.

RIGHT ON!!!

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." ---Salvador Dali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:53 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

deleted

Last edited by johnsubs on Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:53 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

No way John...no F'ing way. There's no way you were less social on suboxone..it's a scientific fact! Just kidding, trying to sound like Ronnie and his homies (Big Red...sweet saying right on to a pointless post big red, are you guys serious?). Do you guys think John works for a competitor of suboxone or something? Or maybe he works for the pain killer companies and is trying to keep people on them? I mean.....i just don't get it.

Thanks for responding so quick. This stuff helps a lot. Like I said earlier I'm 30, good job, big goals in life, was hooked on pain killers for 3 years or so, been on suboxone for 2 years almost and am ready to be normal again. I, like you, thought that suboxone would be MUCH easier to taper off. Hell, my suboxone doc said, and I quote, "tapering and getting off is easy...the suboxone rep told me so". So i'm pretty bummed I have to go through W/Ds and all that stuff. I'm hoping my 2 years of tapering have me to a point that I can mentally control the cravings and stuff.

Good to know on the sex drive front. It seems like it comes and goes a bit now and when it's gone it's pretty damn gone. Which as a 30 year old sucks ass.

I've also been a ghost to a lot of my friends lately. I'm hoping that changes pretty quick. Did you use clonodine or anything when you were coming off?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:55 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Man this has been a very heated discussion......To each his own I say.....What works for some may not work for others, I know for myself that my chances of staying clean off of Subs is slim to none right now. Im grateful that Im alive today!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:01 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hawker1 wrote:
Hey nosub...let me know when you jump...maybe we'll jump at the same time...
PM sent. Btw sounds like a good time for a new girlfriend for me :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:40 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

The problem is your gonna make new comers afraid to take suboxone. I'm not the only one who thinks your a fucking moron trust me and stop sending me private messages

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:54 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

That's the biggest problem suboxone saves their lives and now they talk shit about it and now its a burden on their lives. LMAO wow pretty funny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:50 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

RonnieSr79 wrote:
That's the biggest problem suboxone saves their lives and now they talk shit about it and now its a burden on their lives. LMAO wow pretty funny

I agree RonnieSr. Its sad. Thats all I am going to say 'bout that!
(This next part is not to you of course)...

Oh yea.....
Lemme guess, this is "another pointless quote" as someone said before to something I quoted.

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." ---Salvador Dali

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next