It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:25 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I want to start by saying I dnt have much time to talk I actually have a busy life now with out any drugs involved. But anyways like many of you started out with the small stuff the hydro 5 mg and tramadol and continued down the path to 150 mgs a day of oxy and another 50 mg a day of oxymorphone we called them the full moons so 4 of them anyways my wife just gave birth to my first child I was stealing all our money to feed my addiction by the way I was in the Army infantry during all this trying to self medicate my PTSD but anyways wife says she's done if I dnt get help so I go into detox here about suboxone and tell my wife I need it I can't control my cravings so I go through the induction stage and so on we decide to put me on 16 mg a day because that's is high as he would go I wanted more because before I ever stepped foot in his door I DID MY HOMEWORK knowing less is more so after 2 visits I decided I had more than plenty called him said couldn't afford it anymore you know bullshit So under my wife's supervision I stayed at 4 mgs a day for a month def to much having bad side effects couldn't breath ECT on I finally found 1.5 mg to be my perfect dose .5 in am 1 in pm I stayed on this dose for 6 months until we moved far away from my connections to start our new life So at that time I decided it was time to get off I never liked subs they made me feel like I was just floating basically a pos husband and father no emotion etc But they def did their purpose I would prolly be dead if it wasn't for them But anyways again I did my home work I read these blogs for hours upon hours all the horror stories and the few good ones and picked up on all the stuff of what to do right and what to not to do so anyways I taper down to 1 mg no problem minor Wd but I would run them off I truly believe intense cardio and amino acids r the k anyways it's d day I jump within 14 hours I'm in full withdrawal by 36 hours throwing up like I'm drunk and guess what happened at hour 48 they completely vanished the next day felt like the old me before I was using I ran 7 miles three days after I quit that was a long time ago and have had 0 problems since minus the real life ones of course but anyways I recommend to exercise exercise exercise during the whole process I truly believe its the key and do your homework no the dos and donts sub is so powerful if your not careful it can really give you a headache I just wanted to post a positive story so good luck to all and rember run your ass off to kill that half life and do your homework 48 hours is nothing compared to months Good Luck everyone I wish you the best and I would start with reading Roberts post if you were a smart person

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:41 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thank you for sharing your experience. I agree that exercise is so important. Pretty amazing you had one day of feeling crappy! That's awesome!! Keep up the good work.

"the only way out is through"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:26 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi there. Yes, great story. Your story sounds similar to mine. I have a 100% Drug Free girlfriend of several years and I have been wanting to settle down but recently realized I HAVE to stop using drugs and get serious unless I want to continue chasing down pills and wasting every day away; and this is only to maintain, I dont even know what it feels like to be 'high' anymore. But we all know how that side of the story goes.

You are EXACTLY right though. I do LOTS of research on medications, drugs, suboxone, etc. Then it seems 95 percent of what we will find out there will be the horror stories where people had bad problems coming off suboxone and what not. I appreciate your story and you should be very proud of yourself. I have been stable for a short time now but I am planning for the future and sub has proven to be a tool I couldn't have done this without.

You should be VERY proud of yourself as I'm sure your wife and family are. Just keep strong and keep doing good. You can be an inspiration to the people who are thinking about tapering down or quitting. I will remember this when I finally decide it's my time to come off suboxone. Good story and congratulations man!! -Mike

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:39 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hey Mike Congrats on attempting to get clean I got a couple words of advice before you jump Like I said before I think exercise is key but also the whole time I was on sub I was taking L tyrosine and L Glute and Omega 3 6 and 9 so if you haven't started that start also about a week before I jumped I started 5 htp I think that helped alot as well with the depression But anyways I still went through 48 hours of complete he'll if it wasn't for my wife calling me a pussy I would have gave in and used but literally at the 48 hour mark I went to being damn near 90 percent and by the next after a good nights sleep I felt like I did before I ever used and the weird thing is I think it rewired my brain because ever since I can remember even if I wasn't using I thought about drugs IDK it's just crazy to me But anyways good luck Mike and remember stay strong when you think you can't take anymore your prolly at the peak and there's relief in sight and when it's rough and your laying in bed go get on a treadmill for a hour I promise that relieves symptoms better than anything Stay Strong Brother you deserve a better life