It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:10 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Anyone try both due to side effects from one? If so please share! I have been on suboxone small dose for 2 months but just recently began noticing some fluid retention. When I decrease my ose even a little bit the fluid retention and sore joints subside (or get a little better) Could it be the Naloxone even though it is "not absorbed"?????

Should I try subutex if the doc. will give it to me?? I also know it has helped with my depression. Anyone else? Seems to make me more "even keel" No highs or lows (I am not bi-polar by the way but suffer from chronic recurrent major depression) I know there have been studies done on this and some docs agree it helps with the kappa receptors and the thought is it helps with depression.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:38 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I've been on both, and the differences are negligable in my experience. There have been some occasions where I've questioned if Suboxone may have some more side-effects.

But I remember that all the side-effects I have felt from Suboxone - headaches, lack of libido, fatigue etc - I also felt on Subutex. The only added side-effect from Suboxone MAYBE was a mild feeling of withdrawal shortly after dosing, which was consistent with the half-life of naloxone. This only happened occasionally though, as though the tablets maybe had more naloxone by accident.

Given I took Subutex before I ever took Suboxone, it's hard to do a reverse comparison. But Subutex overall did feel a bit "cleaner", if that makes any sense?

Any differences between Subutex and Suboxone are much more pronounced with the film I've found. That's why I went back to the tablets. I've read that Naloxone is more unstable in film form, and can degrade into other active compounds that haven't been researched properly. So it's important to keep your film sealed, cool, and not allow them to expire.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:54 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

may i ask ,whats the expire- date? i leave some of the 2mg packs open.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:51 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I don't know about up there in the US. Here the expiry dates were written on the pouches. Otherwise, they should be written on the box.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:55 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

That sucks man. I feel sorry that your doc is such an ass. I had a real bad problem with the rash on my torso. I went in told my doc, showed him the pills I had left and he wrote me a script of subutex on the spot no questions asked,so in my opinion pay the extra 50 bucks or whatever and find a doctor that will respect you as a person and as an addict. I mean hell I'm 20 years old and he has never made me feel like I couldn't be trusted. His point of view is if you were gonna abuse subutex you would just go back to the good drugs, not the ones that just make ya feel normal. Best of luck to you man.