It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Pain
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:30 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I have been taking Suboxone now for close to 3 weeks for chronic pain.

I am still having a good deal of relief from my pain from some pretty sever injuries I described earlier from a MVA. I cannot say that Suboxone is taking all of my pain away, but wioth the additon I found of using Aleve instead of Tylenol otc, that the pain is definately bearable now.

My doctor said I was a good candidate for cpp and he knows that I was taking more of my opies than I was prescribed, Like I told him, it was like they just ramp up, I mean it is like many know, I needed more of them to get the same pain relief.

My prescription for Suboxone has "DISSOLVE 1/2 FILM UNDER THE TONGUE EVERY 4-6 HOURS AS NEEDED FOR PAIN" Even though it says on the script 'FOR PAIN" I figure people at the pharmacy don't even read that as busy as they seem. but I just feel that whehn they get home, and sround their friends. "oh you know that so n so is now taking Sub..., what a loser...., etc.."
This seems like a lot for me to start, especially that my insurance will only cover 93, 8mg strips per month. This prescrition cost me $614.89 This almost 8 bucks a strip. I am definately going to shop around at other pharmacies !

About three years ago, I was diagnosed with pituatary failurem apprently from where I borke my neck maybe, and I was prescibed HCG injectable form for about 2 years, it was about 500 buck a month, not prob. w/ insurance until one day after getting my refill I got a letter in the mail staing that they no longer covered that med. They said it needed PA , but PA was never approved by them.
The reason I mention this is that Suboxone being very expensive too, I fear that they will find a reason to stop covering it too.

I also do not want to fill anymore of this medicine at my local pharmacy, I live in a rural area and I am sure most of the town knows I am a "junkie" in the gossip mill...LOL Even though I live a very low profile life in this samll town, nothing is a secret here it seems though.

Since the doctor knows I have taken more meds than I should at times, which I admitted, I was wondering if I have to change doctors will I be treated as a junkie, even though I am going to a pain doctor, or will another doctor perhaps even years down the road see me as a pain patient? After all it was the doctor's idea to give me the Suboxone to begin with, just hope it keeps working, thats for sure. I almost feel like a test subject, especially after I read that Suboxone is used for chrpnic pain as an off0label use at this time according the the FDA's website about Suboxone.

I guess I need to ask my new pain doc, am I a pain patient or a pain patient being treated for addition also? If he is treating me as a pp and an addict, I may have to find a new doc, because I don't want to tell my immediate family..hey I take Suboxone because I am an addict. Not to mention that is the doctor is treating me for addition also, even though I additedly told him I sometimes took more than prescribed, and now I wonder do I have that flag on my record now for seeing a pain doctor.

It worries me at times, since how strict doctors are now days on prescribing any narcotics, I just hope if something happens like my doc moves, retires, etc...I hope I will not have a difficlut time finding a new doctor to prescribe me my Suboxone?

It does as I said help some with the pain, and is better than the downwrd spiral I saw myself going toward before I got on Suboxone.

With out Suboxone, I know I would be doing opiates, running short, and I would be on the hunt about 3 weeks after seeing the doc..oh no...not again !!!

My biggest question: Does this ever end?

The reason I ask is that if I eventually do go to another doctor, I just know they will be like the pharmacy people, they see the word Suboxone, and I feel like "junkie" is stamped on my forehead!

Post subject: cp
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:42 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I have found that some days are better than others.

I had a couple real bad days this week.

Doing better now than I was, I know I can adjust to the level of pain I am in while using the suboxone and OTC things like Ibup/Tylenol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:02 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I too was on pain management w/ high doses of Oxycodone then switched to Suboxone. The Suboxone helped for the first month or so, but then seemed to just stop working all together for my pain. My doctor had me up to six 8mg tabs a day. Everyone's body and pain issues are different, so this may work for you. I think you just need to have faith and listen to your doctor. I have my fingers crossed for you.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Wokring for some
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:13 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I am glad to hear the suboxone is working for you.

I have noticed that some days, with a dose of 24 mg spread out over the day that it works better some days than other for me.

This could be due to increases in my pain level as it fluctuates daily or the suboxone w/ OTC's is doing all it can, and my body's addictive nature is telling myself, dude, you are hurting and I (the stronger opiates) are in the back of the choir with Marshal Stacks saying to my receptors, you (to the suboxone) aren't shet !

I am hoping with time that those screams leave my receptors the helk alone, and I try and withstand my cp w/ the suboxone.

Just for me, it's like I have been used to not feeling hardly anything for so many years that my receptors are like crying for the big boys to come back home and the receptors can rest.

I must resist literally for the rest of my life!

Synonyms:

UM-952;Lepetan;rx6029m;Subutex;Temgesi;Buprenex;NIH-8805;Temgesic;CL-112302;Buprenorfin