It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Suboxone urine levels.
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 2:36 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello!

I am currently prescribed 12mg of Suboxone per day. I won't lie. I don:t take my recommended dose. I am basically forced to sell the majority of my script to afford my next visit since I am uninsured and unemployed. Anyway since the beginning of my treatment my doctor has complained regularly that my urine levels are too low. I take on average 3mg per day usually about 5-7 8mg strips per two weeks. Since I take roughly the same amount each time I would expect my levels to be about the same each visit but it's not! It fluctuates quite randomly which I don't understand. My doctor wants me to be around 500 but for whatever reason it's usually anywhere between 150 and 275. My doctor has never threatened to discharge me until today when my Suboxone level was 78! I took the same usual dose per day, somewhere between 2-4mg however my level was quite low. I've been doing some research trying to figure out why my level is so low. One thing i:be been doing wrong is immediately rinsing my mouth after taking my dose. I don:t see how this could lower my levels so much though just washing away leftover medicine. My brother is prescribed the same dose as me however he takes his full dose and his levels are around 2500! Given that I take roughly 1/3 of that shouldn't my levels be around 800? If I was to mix mine and my brothers urine for the test would I get a good result on th e test? I obviously don't want to have the exact same level as him as the doctor would be very suspicious. You make look at me as a dealer or abuser but that's not the case. I have struggled with an opiate addiction for the last 3 years I just can:t afford to take the recommended dose. However the dose I take is enough to make each day manageable. Help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for grammatical errors, I rushed this and I'm on a phone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:24 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Tim,

The level of Suboxone that can be measured in your urine will fluctuate throughout the day as your dose wears off and it will also fluctuate depending on how much liquid you drink.

To maximize what your doctor is able to detect in your urine, I'd take my dose an hour or so before I was going to be tested and I'd cut down on liquids. Liquids will dilute the sample.

Not that this matters, but using urine samples to test for levels of Suboxone is almost a joke because of all the variables involved.

Good luck with your next test.

Post subject: Testing
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:07 pm 

Hi Tim,

Welcome to our forum! I don't want to lecture you on being honest with your doctor because you are doing what you're doing out of necessity. If you get caught selling the Sub it may work against you when you can afford to get treated properly. Have you asked about getting into the patient assistance program? If you haven't heard of it ask your doctor. He is allowed three patients at a time to receive free treatment.

My advice on how to have your UA test come out right is to take a full strip (8 mg's) several hours before your appointment. And don't rinse with water until at least 15 minutes has passed so you get the full effect. I don't know if it will bring up the numbers far enough to satisfy your doctor, but it will be higher than you taking 3 mg's and rinsing. IDK, just kind of guessing on this one.

My hope is when the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) finally gets going, addicts will be treated regardless of income. Okay, you can stop laughing now. A man can dream, can't he?

Welcome once more Tim and I hope one day soon you will be able to be treated w/o breaking any laws.

Rule